PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in San Marcos?

NHSRattler60
12-30-2005, 10:12 AM
I'm currently Ending my holiday road trip in the great city of San Marcos. Right Now I'm at Joe on the Go near campus. I'll be in San Marcos pretty much all day, so come see me!

STANG RED
12-30-2005, 10:35 AM
I love San Marcos! I spent a summer there back in 89. Humid as hell in the summer time, but great this time of year. My daughter attends college there now, but is home for the holidays. If you get a chance, find your way out to Wimberly. Thats a real neat little town, and its a real pretty drive out there. I think it is less than 20 miles. Lots of cool stuff to look at out there.

Ranger Mom
12-30-2005, 11:32 AM
Isn't San Marcus where Aquarena Springs is? Or used to be?

I remember going under water in something and watching a swimming pig way back when.

STANG RED
12-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Isn't San Marcus where Aquarena Springs is? Or used to be?

I remember going under water in something and watching a swimming pig way back when.

Yea, all they really have out there anymore are the glass bottom boats, an aquarium, and a gift shop. The submarine, that show, and all the other stuff is not there anymore. It's really a shame, that the city of San Marcos didnt keep it up a little better.
Daily operations have now been turned over to Texas State University. I hope they fix it all back up some day. It was really pretty neat 20 years ago.

Wildcat81
12-30-2005, 03:44 PM
wished I was there.

Go Cuero
12-31-2005, 12:15 AM
I lived there for a little over 3 years. My son was born there. What I liked best about it was that even though it was a college town, I didn't run into all the college people all the time. It was a smaller town but big enough to run into people that weren't into the college scene. Not that that is bad but I'm just a tad bit older than the college kids.

It has really changed a lot since I moved from there in 2001. The outlet mall is growing and I swear it adds at least 100 shops everytime I go back. That whole area (San Marcos, Kyle & Buda) is really growing now too.

Maroon87
12-31-2005, 01:08 AM
Some of my best buds from HS went to SWT in the late '80s/early '90s...I had some great times there that I still don't remember!:eek: :D :cool:

Bull Butter
12-31-2005, 01:02 PM
Ralph the Swimming Pig got fired??? Is nothing sacred anymore?

gobbler grad
12-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Do they still have the chicken that plays tic-tac toe? Dang smart chicken...:thinking: he always won...:(