PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater Game History (1988-2005)

WOS87
12-30-2005, 08:37 AM

oh well
12-30-2005, 12:13 PM
Wow Sweetwater will be at 600 wins next year and Snyder is 20+ from 400. Just caught me off guard

mrescape43
12-30-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
By request... here's what I could put together for Sweetwater with the info I had on hand

(2 scores missing)

http://members.aol.com/cboehme/private/sweetwater88-90.gif
http://members.aol.com/cboehme/private/sweetwater91-93.gif
http://members.aol.com/cboehme/private/sweetwater94-96.gif
http://members.aol.com/cboehme/private/sweetwater97-99.gif
http://members.aol.com/cboehme/private/sweetwater00-02.gif
http://members.aol.com/cboehme/private/sweetwater03-05.gif

During this time period
Snyder/Swater series
Swater 9 wins - Snyder 7 wins

The loss that really stands out in my mind was 1989. We were leading 13-12 when time ran out on the clock. We were on offense and there was a defensive penalty so the game couldn't end. We had to run 1 more play, but instead of just kneeling down and taking the win our Qback thought he would be cute and pass the ball. We were inside the 15 yard line. The Qb threw the pass and it was intercepted and ran back for a touchdown by the stangs. I don't even remember the kids name, but I couldn't believe he pulled this stunt. I would have really enjoyed being able to hear what the coach had to say to him about this. This was not a coaches call as the Qback did this on his own.

I don't know exact total, but I don't think we won more than 20 games during the 1980's. We had some flat out awful coaching staffs in early 80's. Maybe we won 7 games from 1980 till 1985.

WTF-82
12-30-2005, 02:47 PM
I noticed no score from the 1993 Sweetwater vs Monahans score.
Monahans 13 Sweetwater 12 official score.

STANG RED
12-30-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
During this time period
Snyder/Swater series
Swater 9 wins - Snyder 7 wins

The loss that really stands out in my mind was 1989. We were leading 13-12 when time ran out on the clock. We were on offense and there was a defensive penalty so the game couldn't end. We had to run 1 more play, but instead of just kneeling down and taking the win our Qback thought he would be cute and pass the ball. We were inside the 15 yard line. The Qb threw the pass and it was intercepted and ran back for a touchdown by the stangs. I don't even remember the kids name, but I couldn't believe he pulled this stunt. I would have really enjoyed being able to hear what the coach had to say to him about this. This was not a coaches call as the Qback did this on his own.

I don't know exact total, but I don't think we won more than 20 games during the 1980's. We had some flat out awful coaching staffs in early 80's. Maybe we won 7 games from 1980 till 1985.

I know the game you are talking about. However, I remember it a little differently. The QB kept kneeling on the ball, but we had all 3 timeouts and there was just a little too much time for him to simply kneel it out, so he would try to eat up a few seconds before kneeling and ended up back on about the 1 foot line on his last kneel and didnt leave himself enough room to kneel again without giving up a safety. Basically he backed himself into a corner, then he made the horendous mistake of throwing the ball where he did. Seems like there was still a couple of ticks left on the clock though when the ball was snapped.
Also, wasnt the QB the coaches son? Or, at least, one of the coaches sons?
One thing I do remember for sure about that game is, they never even posted the final score on the scoreboard.
Maybe what happened to us last year in the quarters was poetic justice for what happened to yall in this game.

SWMustang
12-30-2005, 04:40 PM
I think that kids name was Robby Graham. He was the nephew of Skeet Smith, a local Restaurant owner. He was killed in a car accident about 10 years ago I believe.

Phantom Stang
12-30-2005, 05:23 PM
WOS87, I sincerly appreciate all the work you put into this.:)

mrescape43
12-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I know the game you are talking about. However, I remember it a little differently. The QB kept kneeling on the ball, but we had all 3 timeouts and there was just a little too much time for him to simply kneel it out, so he would try to eat up a few seconds before kneeling and ended up back on about the 1 foot line on his last kneel and didnt leave himself enough room to kneel again without giving up a safety. Basically he backed himself into a corner, then he made the horendous mistake of throwing the ball where he did. Seems like there was still a couple of ticks left on the clock though when the ball was snapped.
Also, wasnt the QB the coaches son? Or, at least, one of the coaches sons?
One thing I do remember for sure about that game is, they never even posted the final score on the scoreboard.
Maybe what happened to us last year in the quarters was poetic justice for what happened to yall in this game.

I sure thought it was a defensive penalty, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. Your version could very well be right.
I think you are right that the Qback was a coaches son. I think his father was a defensive coach.
Anyway, it sure was a rather shocking end to a game just as last years was.
Last year I had already decided there was going to be overtime so I worked my way down to leave and go to the restroom and didn't even see the kick. I was walking away from the field and heard the cheers and turned around to see the ball on the ground.
I am glad we won the game, but I am also glad that Parker was a JR and got to return to have a good SR season.

Black_Magic
01-02-2006, 09:48 AM
I guess Sweetwater is like Michigan to west texas 3a football Has more wins than just about nay other 3a west texas team. Snyder Is kinda like Texas Tech. The up and comming team in west texas and the new kid on the block. Who is the better team between Tech and Michigan do you think?

Sweetwater Red
01-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Finally!!! A Snyder fan admits Sweetwater does have a winning
tradition. Based on this year...my Wolverines couldn't even beat
Nebraska. But, a head to head meeting??? Michigan probably
beats TT.

Black_Magic
01-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Finally!!! A Snyder fan admits Sweetwater does have a winning
tradition. Based on this year...my Wolverines couldn't even beat
Nebraska. But, a head to head meeting??? Michigan probably
beats TT. that makes great sence! Nebraska beats Michigan... Tech beats Nebraska by 66.... but you think Michigan beats tech???:rolleyes: Look Tech is one stupid screw up game out of a BCS bowl. if it was not for the brain fart vs OSU they would be ranked 4-5th in the nation.
Snyder knows about Sweetwaters "tradition". heck you guys pull your win loss record all the way back to the 1930s all the time.:rolleyes: just like Michigan. But Like Tech, Snyder is the new power on the block. In the last 4 years Snyder has gone from being a very average football program to being a top 3a power. Kinda like tech has in the last 5-6 years. Look at the comparisons. Snyder had a couple of good runs back in the 30's then on in the 90's then all of a sudden snyder in the last 4 years wins 6 of the total 11 Snyder playoff wins in history. Over half of Snyders Playoff wins have come in the last 4 years. Have played 10 playoff games in 4 years, 2 quarter finals , and one Semifinals apearances... You guys may poopoo it all you want but it is a sign of the times. You guys cant stand the crowding at the top? its ok we will make sure you get a break and we will take our turn.:D

Matthew328
01-02-2006, 11:06 AM
ugghhh that 35-7 loss in 1992 makes me cringe.....we were a better team than what we showed that day...LOL

Mustangpride09
01-02-2006, 04:07 PM
" in the last 4 years wins 6 of the total 11 Snyder playoff wins in history."

that really made me chuckle.

wildstangs
01-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Sweetwater has 12 playoff wins in the last 4 years. Snyder has six wins, and two bi-district losses. Snyder has improved, but they are going to have to have a few more good seasons before they will be as succesful as Sweetwater.

Black_Magic
01-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
" in the last 4 years wins 6 of the total 11 Snyder playoff wins in history."

that really made me chuckle. Yep! im sure Michigan chuckles at alot of people. alot of people whipp there arse too.:clap: Like I said. tech is not as impresive if you look at the overall history. but if you look at recent history, it is really impresive. and actually Snyder has won 6 playoff games in the last 3 years with two quarterfinal appearences and one semifinal game. Chuckle all you want. It showes how stupid you are if you think thats a joke.

Sweetwater Red
01-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
that makes great sence! Nebraska beats Michigan... Tech beats Nebraska by 66.... but you think Michigan beats tech???:rolleyes: Look Tech is one stupid screw up game out of a BCS bowl. if it was not for the brain fart vs OSU they would be ranked 4-5th in the nation.
Snyder knows about Sweetwaters "tradition". heck you guys pull your win loss record all the way back to the 1930s all the time.:rolleyes: just like Michigan. But Like Tech, Snyder is the new power on the block. In the last 4 years Snyder has gone from being a very average football program to being a top 3a power. Kinda like tech has in the last 5-6 years. Look at the comparisons. Snyder had a couple of good runs back in the 30's then on in the 90's then all of a sudden snyder in the last 4 years wins 6 of the total 11 Snyder playoff wins in history. Over half of Snyders Playoff wins have come in the last 4 years. Have played 10 playoff games in 4 years, 2 quarter finals , and one Semifinals apearances... You guys may poopoo it all you want but it is a sign of the times. You guys cant stand the crowding at the top? its ok we will make sure you get a break and we will take our turn.:D

I didn't crunch the numbers...just gave my homer pick. Whoever
claimed it made any "sence"???

keenoace
01-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Wow all this history really makes me worry about next years sweetwater team. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Dont say it yet, Ill say it for you. "TOO BAD WE CANT SAY THAT ABOUT SNYDER," Yeah Yeah, it gets old. Lets move on. Jim Bob from 1984 isn't going to strap it up and help you guys win a state championship.

Phantom Stang
01-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by keenoace
Wow all this history really makes me worry about next years sweetwater team. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Dont say it yet, Ill say it for you. "TOO BAD WE CANT SAY THAT ABOUT SNYDER," Yeah Yeah, it gets old. Lets move on. Jim Bob from 1984 isn't going to strap it up and help you guys win a state championship.

Come on, Keenoace!!
You like living in the past.;)

Just look at your sig.:p

Sweetwater Red
01-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Come on, Keenoace!!
You like living in the past.;)

Just look at your sig.:p

Funny...Keenoace living in the past...and here Snyder doesn't
have one .:D

Phantom Stang
01-02-2006, 09:07 PM
lol

oh well
01-02-2006, 10:05 PM
what a topic

lobo12
01-02-2006, 11:42 PM
snyder made one deep run in 04, how does that make them a new powerhouse

sweetwater07
01-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by lobo12
snyder made one deep run in 04, how does that make them a new powerhouse

thats what i was wondering...would say monahans is more of a "powerhouse" than snyder just with their performance this year.........

SwtwtrMstngs04
01-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Our 500th win came against Snyder, not Lamesa. Looks like there is a mistake somewhere. Pretty awesome that Sweetwater will hit 600 this year.

Black_Magic
01-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
thats what i was wondering...would say monahans is more of a "powerhouse" than snyder just with their performance this year......... I would say Snyder out scoring Monahans 119-35 in the last 4 meetings shows different.:rolleyes: What has Monahans done in the last 4 years? one trip to the quarter finals. Thats good but not the same as what Snyder has done. But then again Sweetwater07 was in like 7th grade back then so he does not know past the last 1 or maybe two years. Bet he knows about the powerhouses on madden 04 though:thumbsup: http://www.tigersinthesky.com/images/tiger_photos/photo_tige38.JPG SPREAD THE RED!!!!

tex_male
01-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Last 4 meetings Snyder out scored Monahans 101-35. Record since 1988 Monahans is up 9-6. Past 4 years playoffs- Monahans 2002 Beat Snyder first round on way to Quarters, 2005 Quarters.
Snyder 2003 Quarters, 2004 Simifinals and 2005 lost FIRST round to Monahans.

wildstangs
01-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Monahans is still 2-2 against Snyder the past 4 years. Doesn't matter if it was a 1 point win or a 20 point win.

Matthew328
01-03-2006, 08:08 PM
didn't Monahans beat Snyder in 2002 playoffs??

wildstangs
01-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
didn't Monahans beat Snyder in 2002 playoffs??

Yes, the score was 7-6.

kepdawg
01-03-2006, 09:39 PM
I really enjoyed the 95 area game as well as the 97 quarterfinals game!

Bubba-Joe
01-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Well there is Girls and boys basketball, Softball, Baseball, Track, Golf,....plenty of time yet.. Id say who ever goes the farthest in the playoffs would claim the football props....

Now lets see
Sweetwater and Monahans both went further in the playoffs than snyder this year

so
the props would be in the following order for this past season

Sweetwater
Monahans
Iowa Park
Perryton
Littlefield
snyder

lobo12
01-03-2006, 11:23 PM
i agree, thats exactly what i was getting at, but the thing is i never said monahans was a powerhouse like you said snyder was

Bubba-Joe
01-04-2006, 09:18 AM
come on blackie hurry up with you reply
we are waiting

Black_Magic
01-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Well then what in your mind is a powerhouse????? you lay it out then. According to what your saying the measure of a powerhouse is winning a state championship in the last two years??? Snyder has had gone to the quarterfinals twice and Semifinals once in the last three years. .I guess according to you a powerhouse is a team that plays in the Finals two years in a row. So what team would be a powerhouse by that standard?

Bubba-Joe
01-04-2006, 09:22 AM
man that took long enough Blackie
thought you was never gonna post

lobo12
01-05-2006, 09:35 PM
when did snyder go to the quarters twice.......02 they went bi district, 03 they went to the quarter finals, 04 semi finals, and 05 bi district.....two losses courtesy of monahans by the way, i consider them successful programs but by no means powerhouses

mrescape43
01-05-2006, 09:45 PM
when did snyder go to the quarters twice.......02 they went bi district, 03 they went to the quarter finals, 04 semi finals, and 05 bi district.....two losses courtesy of monahans by the way, i consider them successful programs but by no means powerhouses

03 Q finals

04 Q finals prior to Semi Finals

Snyder also went to the Q finals in 1978. That was many moons ago. I believe Snyder received first round bye, beat Burkburnett in 2nd round and lost to Estacado in qtrs.

mrescape43
01-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Funny...Keenoace living in the past...and here Snyder doesn't
have one .:D

We are all excited about our Future!

lobo12
01-05-2006, 10:16 PM
oh prior to the semis gotcha, and in 78 ok now you convinced me snyder is a powerhouse

mrescape43
01-05-2006, 10:19 PM
oh prior to the semis gotcha, and in 78 ok now you convinced me snyder is a powerhouse

I hope that future seasons will convince you.

I do know that Friday Nights have gotten a lot more exciting in the last few years.

lobo12
01-05-2006, 11:48 PM
this season sure did

mrescape43
01-06-2006, 12:03 AM
Again, you are living in the past.

lobo12
01-06-2006, 12:38 AM
well until next year the past is all we have, and aparantly so are you goin back to 78

oh well
01-06-2006, 10:09 AM
He was giving you info not living in the past.