PDA

View Full Version : The Best Duo in 3A Football for next season

cunbed10
03-14-2003, 03:29 PM
Of course everyone Knows about the Burnet Dynamic Duo, but what other two players for a 3A team should we watch for next season.

Green Ranger
03-14-2003, 03:40 PM
They may not be the best but Dawson Wilber and Jeremy Audas will be a vital part in another run to state for the Greenwood Rangers. Along with alot of other important people returning look for another strong year from Greenwood.

Rabbit'93
03-14-2003, 04:01 PM
Who's the Dynamic Duo from Burnet? J/K. Forney has to great kids back next year in Baylen Laurey and Caleb Hanie.

Old Dog
03-14-2003, 05:15 PM
Being from Burnet, I am totally in awe of Burnet's dynamic duo, but by the end of the season in 2002, I became more and more in awe of the down lineman in front of them. That bunch of young men improved every game and rose to the level required to get Burnet into the finals.

topdawg
03-14-2003, 10:20 PM
i think another dynamic due would have to be shiply and warner in burnets defensive back field. with those two guys back there it makes it really hard to get a lot of passing yards and a good brake away run.

Matthew328
03-15-2003, 01:55 AM
It will be very interesting to see how Burnet does on offense with the graduation of Patrick Miller...with Miller Burnet had a lethal ground game to go along with the passing game..Forney's duo of Hanie and Laury is tough..Baylen Laury could be a 2000 yard man next year..and Hanie is an HOSS..what is he 6'4 about 230??

jason
03-15-2003, 12:17 PM
yeah..hes big, quick, strong, and can throw the ball a mile (even though forney only throws the ball 3 times a game)

Bellville22
03-15-2003, 08:06 PM
Jess Buenger to Brandt Goeke

Chief Woodman
03-16-2003, 08:01 PM
From Decatur Eagles...Chandler Dane, QB with 3,000 plus passing yards last year as a Soph (Played last game in playoffs with a broke ankle and lost to Sweetwater by 1 yard on final play), Andrew McKinney, RB- runs over folks and issues the punishment rather than taking it- (currently 6-3 212 lbs, 4.5 in 40) Although this is for "DUO"- add a third..Brian Christan, WR

wildstangs
03-16-2003, 08:41 PM
Chief Woodman:
From Decatur Eagles...Chandler Dane, QB with 3,000 plus passing yards last year as a Soph (Played last game in playoffs with a broke ankle and lost to Sweetwater by 1 yard on final play), Andrew McKinney, RB- runs over folks and issues the punishment rather than taking it- (currently 6-3 212 lbs, 4.5 in 40) Although this is for "DUO"- add a third..Brian Christan, WRWe are currently working on getting an * placed next to the Sweetwater - Decatur game in the Official UIL Record Book. The only reason Sweetwater won is because of the broken ankle suffered by Decaturs All-World Sophomore quarterback, who will no doubt lead his team to the next two class 3A State Championships.

Old Dog
03-16-2003, 10:15 PM
Is Decatur's Dane kin to Southlake Carrolls Dane from their great early 90's teams? He went on and played CB (I think) for Texas Tech.

Matt, the question about Burnet replacing Miller...Chris Levens should step in. He blocked for Miller last year and backed him up. This track season is proving he is much faster than most folks thought. You are certainly correct in wondering how this will work out!

<small>[ March 16, 2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

vet93
03-17-2003, 09:40 AM
In regards to Dane being hurt. Sometimes losing an "all everything player" may not have as much impact as you would think. Case in point...We played Greenwood the first game of the season without our "all everything" running back/safety Antonio Posey due to injury. If you had seen us play the last two years you would know that this was a TREMENDOUS blow to our offense. On top of that we were also missing our leading tackler and starting lineman due to a two game suspension for discipline. We lost that first game by 21 points. The second game in the playoffs we were going in healthy and after upsetting a very good Kennedale team. Confidence was high, we were healthy...result...we lost by 22 points. Go figure. I think that alot of it had to do with how well Greenwood was playing. Maybe Sweetwater had a little bit to do with the outcome of that game as well. Just a thought.

Chief Woodman:
From Decatur Eagles...Chandler Dane, QB with 3,000 plus passing yards last year as a Soph (Played last game in playoffs with a broke ankle and lost to Sweetwater by 1 yard on final play), Andrew McKinney, RB- runs over folks and issues the punishment rather than taking it- (currently 6-3 212 lbs, 4.5 in 40) Although this is for "DUO"- add a third..Brian Christan, WR

audasmom7
03-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Posey wasnt even close to that Heap kid from Bandera. I dont even think Posey was a factor in that game.

vet93
03-17-2003, 05:44 PM
Audusmom...Antonio is better than you think. What shut Antonio down in the playoff game with you guys was a defensive front seven that absolutely dominated the line of scrimmage. Not even the great backs can gain much if they are getting hit a yard in the backfield or met at the line of scrimmage with a wall of people. That particular game was won in the trenches. People who may not know that much about football tend to give backs too much of the credit when things are going good and too much of the blame when things are going bad. I think that Bandera's offensive line matched up with you guys much better than ours did. Besides, I wasn't even trying to pump up Antonio, I was trying to illustrate a point about having an injury to a good player. Sometimes it doesn't play as much a factor as one would think.

audasmom7:
Posey wasnt even close to that Heap kid from Bandera. I dont even think Posey was a factor in that game.

Chief Woodman
03-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Never said Sweetwater did not deserve to win. Just pointing out that had he been healty, Danes' stats may have been even better. No astrik needed. Just trying to make a point (and the point was NOT that Decatur should have won). Very few intellegent folks would say that Bridgeport's Phillp Dauherty was not an awesome QB. Statwise, he was only one of two QB in 3A history to pass for more than 10,000 yards. As far as Dane being "ALL- World" he just might be. He had more yards passing and more wins, more TD's than PD did his Sophmore year. By time he graduates, Dane can easily be the all-time 3A record holder for those QB stats. Don't make fun of the young man- few QB's have ever had more than 3,000 yards passing in the Sophmore year. If he stays healty, I suspect he will play D1 on Saturdays in the near future. The original post was about dynamic duos- thats what my previous statment was pointing out- nothing more. The statement about the ankle was not making excuses...just pointing out that the kid has guts, and an intense desire to win. Wonder how many other QB's in 3A playoffs last year played a game with a broken ankle?