PDA

View Full Version : ESPN and USC History In The Making Series

TexasHSFootball
12-29-2005, 01:12 AM
Okay at the beginning of the month, I was pulling for USC but I have changed my mind. I hbope Texas wipes USC off the field! The ESPN arrogance of the 2005 USC team vs 1971 Nebraska or 1917 Army or 2001 Miami is just about to get on my last nerve.

Is it that bad at ESPN that they cant find material in other sports than the one game between USC vs Texas? Enough is enough is enough.

ESPN, Please step out of your fantasy world! :doh:

District303aPastPlayer
12-29-2005, 01:13 AM
it was nice to see Herbie pick against USC

sahen
12-29-2005, 03:50 AM
my sincere hope is that ESPN continues to highlight the game by showing what USC would do against former great football teams, then announce to the world that USC is indeed the greatest college football team of all time only to watch their greatest team lose the national title game.....that would be great tv to watch ESPN eat their words....might teach them a lesson about waiting to pick the next greatest team til after they actually won the title for the 3rd straight year....

District303aPastPlayer
12-29-2005, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by sahen
might teach them a lesson about waiting to pick the next greatest team til after they actually won the title for the 3rd straight year....

shame though, seeing as how USC has only won one National Title :)

District303aPastPlayer
12-29-2005, 03:57 AM
2004 Season
FedEx Orange Bowl: USC d. Oklahoma, 55-19

2003 Season
Nokia Sugar Bowl: LSU d. Oklahoma, 21-14

2002 Season
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State d. Miami, 31-24 (2OT)

2001 Season
Rose Bowl: Miami d. Nebraska, 37-14

2000 Season
FedEx Orange Bowl: Oklahoma d. Florida State, 13-2

1999 Season
Nokia Sugar Bowl: Florida State d. Virginia Tech, 46-29

1998 Season
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: Tennessee d. Florida State, 23-16

Last I checked, USC has only won one national title :D

sahen
12-29-2005, 04:07 AM
well ok i guess i should say 3rd AP national title in a row and 2nd BCS national title in a row....back in teh day when they didnt have the BCS if a team won a split national title and then won another one the next year (split or not) then they called it a repeat.....u know what i meant though, i was focusing more on the calling USC the greatest football team ever thing....

District303aPastPlayer
12-29-2005, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by sahen
well ok i guess i should say 3rd AP national title in a row and 2nd BCS national title in a row....back in teh day when they didnt have the BCS if a team won a split national title and then won another one the next year (split or not) then they called it a repeat.....u know what i meant though, i was focusing more on the calling USC the greatest football team ever thing....

oh i know, and in no way was i trying to incite an arguement, just makin sure we point out USC is a one time champ
:D

Rabbit'93
12-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Espn is to USC what The Dallas Moring News is to Highland Park. You folks in North texas know what I mean.:D

football4life
12-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Here is the other thread concerning this issue. I think most will agree that this whole thing is absurd.

USC vs The World (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39830)

lobo12
12-29-2005, 12:28 PM
if usc was a champion the same year that lsu beat ou, then why wasnt auburn one last year.....i agreed with woody paige when he said that usc is all for the system when it works in their favor like last year, but they dont expect it to count when lsu won it......i agree, and think that usc has won only one championship last year

KTJ
12-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Espn is to USC what The Dallas Moring News is to Highland Park. You folks in North texas know what I mean.:D

Those are two different things. Albeit, not by much.

;)

Maroon87
12-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
Okay at the beginning of the month, I was pulling for USC but I have changed my mind. I hbope Texas wipes USC off the field! The ESPN arrogance of the 2005 USC team vs 1971 Nebraska or 1917 Army or 2001 Miami is just about to get on my last nerve.

Is it that bad at ESPN that they cant find material in other sports than the one game between USC vs Texas? Enough is enough is enough.

ESPN, Please step out of your fantasy world! :doh:

This is just another example of what I've been telling people for a few years now...ESPN is no longer in the sports broadcasting business. They're in the ESPN business. They never miss an opprtunity to shine the light on themselves. This is why they couldn't get enough of TO...they're just like TO.