PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk some upcoming 3A HS Baseball!

Old Cardinal
12-19-2003, 06:16 PM
I think 21-3A will be very competitive again this year. Buna, H-F and Bridge City seem to be poised for a good season. BC has won the District for the last few years under a great Coach- Sam Moore. Sam has quit Coaching HS and has opened a top-flight Diamond sports training program in Orange. He also serves as the Physical Training Instructor for a very progressive Industrial Corporation in Orange. I think Sam will possibly be the Coach of the Lamar University Baseball team that beat the U. of Texas and also Rice several times last year. Of course, Sam is Coaching an elite Year Round 18 & U Travel Select team...Coach Billy Bryant, who carried Buna to the top of the 3A Brackets a few years ago is the new Coach in BC. He inherits a dream team of skilled players... Delone a top-notch pitcher at Buna is poised to give Buna some big upsets this year. H-F has a good solid team that can compete with anyone.....Can you share a little about your District and your favorite team?

<small>[ December 19, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

hornet_06
12-19-2003, 06:19 PM
<small>[ December 19, 2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: hornet_06 ]</small>

3afan2K3
12-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Forney will be very good

Rabbit'93
12-19-2003, 06:47 PM
3Afan2k3 your right on. We should be very good this year. We have a ton of talent back starting with Chance Corgan and Hewitt.

Bell_06
12-19-2003, 11:30 PM
I kinda sorta like Bellville :) This year they will be able to offer the maturity to play at a higher level. Always good baseball coaches. Little League for both boys and girls has been a very strong program here in Bellville for years... I believe it helps develop strong high school players. This year we will have a strong infield, great pitching, get the bats working a little harder and it's a winning show.

ThaRealBulldog
12-19-2003, 11:47 PM
Carthage will have a good team, like always.

j_dog
12-20-2003, 12:26 AM
OC, it is now basketball season! :D

As for baseball and 20-3a, Jasper only had one senior on the team last year, so maybe they can patch together a respectable season this year. :) Don't know anything about the other 20-3a teams.

onelobosfan77
12-20-2003, 12:37 AM
The Monahans Loboes out of district 4-3A will be another contender in the playoffs this year although losing quality senior leadership

jason
12-20-2003, 12:49 AM
Rabbit'93:
3Afan2k3 your right on. We should be very good this year. We have a ton of talent back starting with Chance Corgan and Hewitt.any new recruits, i mean transfers, comin in??

District303aPastPlayer
12-20-2003, 01:55 AM
You have to mention Sinton and Lorena, no doubt. Sinton will be in a "rebuilding/reloading" year. Football was the same way, so if you want to use that as a measuring stick, i'd say we are in pretty good shape.

Bellville22
12-20-2003, 11:16 AM
Bell_06:
I kinda sorta like Bellville :) This year they will be able to offer the maturity to play at a higher level. Always good baseball coaches. Little League for both boys and girls has been a very strong program here in Bellville for years... I believe it helps develop strong high school players. This year we will have a strong infield, great pitching, get the bats working a little harder and it's a winning show.Right on Bell_06: Bellville should be pretty strong this year, and if things go right, could possibly make a run at it. The Brahmas certainly have one of the top coaches in the state, who seems to field very good teams year in and year out. The Bulls will be led by SS/P Jess Buenger, who has committed to play for A&M next year. He was the ace as a SO. on the team that lost to Sinton in the Region Final. Arm trouble last year, but if he's healthy, can be one of the best pitchers in the state, as well as an elite hitter. With Buenger healthy, Luetge falls into the #2. Really matured last year, and is poised for another great year. Several other Bulls will compete for the 3rd slot and relief work. Bellville returns just about everyone from last years Area team. The top of the line-up should be as good as any, could be a fun year.

And don't forget about Bellville softball. They too return many key players, including the Offensive and Defensive MVP of the district, SR 1B/OF/P Buenger, and SO C Sloan, who was some kind of freshman phenom last year. The line-up should be strong, capable of scoring runs against just about anyone, but everyone knows pitching rules in softball. The Brahmanettes have several solid pitchers, if one of them can breakthrough, they could find themselves in the mix.

onfirebball05mustang
12-20-2003, 11:35 AM
i believe district 24-3a will have some good baseball. Elgin, Manor, La Grange, and Giddings should do well, and will most likely end up in playoffs (at least three of them will) Our seniors this year, have a real love of the game, and can't wait for the season to start. (nor can I!) Should be some good baseball to see!
Go Mustangs!!!

Keith7
12-20-2003, 11:35 AM
Gainesville lost me, so they wont be very good

wildstangs
12-20-2003, 01:16 PM
Sweetwater will have two pretty good pitchers this year in Kendall Carrillo and Reid Bishop.

Old Cardinal
12-20-2003, 01:39 PM
Any one know about Sealy this year?

VWG
12-20-2003, 04:18 PM
There is a kid to watch that plays for Bowie, a pitcher. Really dominant on the mound. Throws high 80's fastball, with a breaking curve. Kid doesn't play football, basketball or anything but baseball. Hear that he will be a mid to late round draft pick.
Other than that, if you look in past playoff history... Region I will be tough. Lake Dallas, Canyon, Abilene Wylie, Kennedale, all are strong programs.

Bulldog92
12-20-2003, 07:11 PM
j_dog:
OC, it is now basketball season! :D

As for baseball and 20-3a, Jasper only had one senior on the team last year, so maybe they can patch together a respectable season this year. :) Don't know anything about the other 20-3a teams.I've been in touch with Coach Mixon recently and he's really excited about our Bulldogs this year on the diamond. Since he coached against us while at Woodville and knows how strong a program he came to, that really says something.

Pudlugger
12-20-2003, 07:20 PM
La Grange will be very good this year. They have some tough pitchers this year and several big hitters coming back.

Old Cardinal
12-20-2003, 08:34 PM
Boy, I agree Jasper should be real good. I saw them play 3 times last year and they are the real deal...Glad to hear LaGrange will be dominate over there...I would think Woodville, Diboll and Kirbyville will be competitive, up in 20-3A.

District303aPastPlayer
12-21-2003, 04:53 AM
Keith7:
Gainesville lost me, so they wont be very goodno offense Keith, i like your posting and all, but that has to be one of,if not the funniest thing i have read on this site in a while.

3afan2K3
12-21-2003, 06:35 AM
of course i'm biased, but IMO forney is the clear #1 going into the season ... all but 1 varsity player returning (LF who batted 8th is gone) including 2 DI pitcher singees and (at least) 2 other DI signees ... should be a fun year

Keith7
12-21-2003, 11:50 AM
District303aPastPlayer:

Keith7:
Gainesville lost me, so they wont be very goodno offense Keith, i like your posting and all, but that has to be one of,if not the funniest thing i have read on this site in a while.look at this website and u wont think its very funny

http://www.celinabaseball.com/pages/33/index.htm

Bellville22
12-22-2003, 01:09 AM
Old Cardinal:
Any one know about Sealy this year?Sealy lost some talent last year, but have some solid players coming back. Their ace will be Heath Koneschek (sp?), a talented SR. lefty with good stuff. Not sure who will fill the #2 slot, but I believe they have several candidates.

Leading the team along w/ Heath, is Josh Dale, who might just be the best C in the state. This guy was on a tear the end of last year, and I look for huge things this year.

Should be interesting in D23, don't know much about Stafford, Navasota, and Columbus, but I think the race will come down to Bellville and Sealy, who should both be strong.

kaorder1999
12-22-2003, 01:31 AM
forney just lost one senior from last years team right?

3afan
12-22-2003, 07:17 AM
kaorder1999:
forney just lost one senior from last years team right?thats correct

cdlvj
12-22-2003, 08:45 AM
Pud,
Homer Bailey is in his last year, right?

Bellville22
12-22-2003, 06:07 PM
cdlvj:
Pud,
Homer Bailey is in his last year, right?Yes, he's a senior.

RBARKER
12-23-2003, 08:41 AM
I.m not sure how Barbers Hill wil do they lost some talent last year, but still should do well and make a showing in the playoffs.

dawgbacker10
12-23-2003, 03:58 PM
district 26-3A, should be pretty good this year. Marion has got 8 starters coming back, but they lost there ace pitcher, if they can get another they will easiy win the district. They also got a new head coach. Brian Buffamonte out of Crockett.