PDA

View Full Version : returning letterman

West22
12-27-2005, 10:16 PM
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE TEAMS THAT WILL BE BRING BACK A LOT OF TALENT BACK FOR 2006 ?HOW MANY RETURNING STARTERS?

VWG
12-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Good question.
Sweetwater has some horses coming back... no pun intended. LOL
Seriously though, the senior to be group in Sweetwater is very good.
With Green and the other RB (can't remember his name) coming back they should be ready for another deep playoff run.
What about Midland Greenwood, weren't they pretty young this year?
Sleeper team could be Graham. Started some sophomores this year, and have 5 offensive starters coming back.
Canyon, Abilene Wylie, Iowa Park, Decatur, they all lost a lot of talent.... not too many juniors contributed to their success this year. Not saying they didn't have juniors contribute, but their team depth came from mostly seniors.
IP will lose Duggins, Brady Rusk, Raines, Fulfer, Riley, that list goes on and on.
Wylie loses a three year starter at QB in Keenum, Robertson(SP?) was the key to the d-line, as well as others.
Decatur loses Brandon Cobb, Maxon, etc....

West22
12-27-2005, 10:39 PM
I THINK B/H HAS A NUMBER OF STARTERS COMING BACK ,HOWEVER THEY MAY END UP 4A

Gobbla2001
12-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Cuero's got atleast 5-5 coming back, more, prolly more, can't really think of too many...

A number of folks not included in that 5-5 rotated in frequently...

exbccards76'smom
12-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Bridge City has a big class of juniors that will be returning next season. The big question is if Johnny Dishon will be able to play or not.

mrescape43
12-28-2005, 09:10 AM
I think Snyder will return 15 starters including maybe 7 seniors, 7 juniors and 1 sophomore.

FootballChik98
12-28-2005, 09:26 AM
I believe Canton will be returning 12 starters (8 on offense and 4 on defense). I think the whole defensive line, along with one of the LBs and the two safeties will graduate. On offense, a starting WR, starting RB, and one offensive lineman will graduate.

football4life
12-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Canyon will return 4/6, including all 3 linebackers and half of the secondary. Plus QB Anthony Ramos.

Adidas410s
12-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I think Snyder will return 15 starters including maybe 7 seniors, 7 juniors and 1 sophomore.

wow...Snyder is bringing back 7 seniors...impressive

Black_Magic
12-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
wow...Snyder is bringing back 7 seniors...impressive I would think you would see that as impresive. The snyder team that beat Wylie this year had 6 sophs and one frosh starters this year. Snyder went 9-2 this year with 1/3 of the starters being Sophs and frosh...... not bad. The Frosh and JV went 8-2 this year. Both starting RBs this year were Sophmores. Looks like they are both growing up fast and are both going to be over 200lbs next year for sure. Snyder may be bigger in size next year with all the large Underclassmen they have. the only player for Snyder Offense next year under 200lbs may be the Reciever.

Adidas410s
12-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I would think you would see that as impresive. The snyder team that beat Wylie this year had 6 sophs and one frosh starters this year. Snyder went 9-2 this year with 1/3 of the starters being Sophs and frosh...... not bad. The Frosh and JV went 8-2 this year. Both starting RBs this year were Sophmores. Looks like they are both growing up fast and are both going to be over 200lbs next year for sure. Snyder may be bigger in size next year with all the large Underclassmen they have. the only player for Snyder Offense next year under 200lbs may be the Reciever.

That was the same Snyder team that lost in the 1st round to Monahans right??? :eek: Heck they even had one more sophmore against Monahans because Lance Day was back on the field.

mrescape43
12-28-2005, 01:10 PM
That was the same Snyder team that lost in the 1st round to Monahans right??? :eek: Heck they even had one more sophmore against Monahans because Lance Day was back on the field.

Yes it is, and it was a fluke. We have a clean slate for next year.
I think next seasons offense will be much stronger than this year with the QB we will have leading the team for the next couple of years. I hate that it is still 9 months away.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Sleeper team could be Graham.

Graham's got talent year in year out. This year the factor could be coach McKoy. I had heard from more than one source that wasn't very popular in town. Missing the playoffs is a cardinal sin around there, plus its known he favors his kid a little too much. Just what i've had.

I would say beware of Breckendridge. Coach Howard really made the team overachieve this year, and the JV had a really good year I believe. However, the big rumor is Breck is going to 2A. So maybe they'll make a run there instead.

Black_Magic
12-28-2005, 03:13 PM
That was the same Snyder team that lost in the 1st round to Monahans right??? :eek: Heck they even had one more sophmore against Monahans because Lance Day was back on the field. Yep we are talking about the same snyder team that has wipped Wylies Arse TWO years in a ROW! . Other than Graham , who else has done that..... If your in our district next year we will see if we can make it three in a row!:D Not being sarcastic but Lance Day most likely will be behind center next year. I know you know he is a talented kid.. So Snyder should be good next year with the two other big backs back along with the O Line.

mrescape43
12-28-2005, 03:36 PM
I am anxious to see next years O with Lance's arm strength and
athletic ability.

Black_Magic
12-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Lance is a better Option QB than he is a thrower. Although he can pass the ball, he is a good runner and runs a good option game. not a small kid either.

mrescape43
12-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Lance is a better Option QB than he is a thrower. Although he can pass the ball, he is a good runner and runs a good option game. not a small kid either.

I am looking forward to next year. I was thinking he might be good passing the ball due to his arm strength as a pitcher. His size and speed will be a real asset as an option QB.

SilsbeeD
12-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Silsbee will be returning 8 on D and 6 on O. We have all of our key positions returning on O also.

VWG
12-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by football4life
Canyon will return 4/6, including all 3 linebackers and half of the secondary. Plus QB Anthony Ramos.

My bad... I thought Canyon had something like 16 total seniors this year starting.
With 6 starters back on defense that's huge for Canyon, as with their enrollment it should be easy to fill those other 5 spots.

Adidas410s
12-28-2005, 05:08 PM
I am looking forward to next year. I was thinking he might be good passing the ball due to his arm strength as a pitcher. His size and speed will be a real asset as an option QB.

Don't look for Lance to have as much arm strength after breaking his arm. I heard he probably won't be able to play baseball this spring because of it. Just some second hand info though...

SnyTigBaseB07
12-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Im about 90 percent Lance will be playing baseball with us this year.
He's on our "roster" and crap he played last year with a broken wrist i believe, so im sure he could pull some spectacular stuff. lol

mrescape43
12-28-2005, 05:26 PM
I would think that Lance would be back close to 100% due to the fact that it will have been close to 10 months since his injury when the season starts. Maybe I am being too optimistic.

Black_Magic
12-28-2005, 06:12 PM
I would think that Lance would be back close to 100% due to the fact that it will have been close to 10 months since his injury when the season starts. Maybe I am being too optimistic. Lance will be Just Fine next year. wait and see;) http://www.snyder.esc14.net/administration/collins/0506/Football/Andrews05/1%20Qtr/c2.jpg

mrescape43
12-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Lance will be Just Fine next year. wait and see;) http://www.snyder.esc14.net/administration/collins/0506/Football/Andrews05/1%20Qtr/c2.jpg

I am looking forward to seeing next years team. Offseason is too long.

GreenMonster
12-28-2005, 06:54 PM
go Hawks

West22
12-28-2005, 08:46 PM
anyone know about Liberty Hill and Wimberly?

LH Panther Mom
12-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by West22
anyone know about Liberty Hill and Wimberly?
Yes and no. I'll try to look at our guys tonight and post. I can probably give some rough info on Wimberley at the same time.

gobbler grad
12-28-2005, 09:28 PM
I counted about 13 people....9 of them went both ways and the others were either on defense or special teams...heck, all of them went both ways at some time...should have a fairly good field goal kicker next year, which will be good...not alot of size, but the quickness is very dominant on both sides of the ball...:thinking: should be another great year...:)

VWG
12-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I counted about 13 people....9 of them went both ways and the others were either on defense or special teams...heck, all of them went both ways at some time...should have a fairly good field goal kicker next year, which will be good...not alot of size, but the quickness is very dominant on both sides of the ball...:thinking: should be another great year...:)

9 players going both ways? That is a huge number of kids starting on both sides of the ball.
What are they feeding kids in Cuero? For fatigue not to come into play in the 4th qtr. would be amazing.
Gotta give it up to those kids..... good job this year.

Gobbla2001
12-28-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by VWG
9 players going both ways? That is a huge number of kids starting on both sides of the ball.
What are they feeding kids in Cuero? For fatigue not to come into play in the 4th qtr. would be amazing.
Gotta give it up to those kids..... good job this year.

Well there was alternating going on as well... but we tried to put our best players in at all times...

West22
12-28-2005, 10:34 PM
I HAVE TO GO ALONG WITH THE CUERO KIDS GOING BOTH WAYS .THREE A SCHOOLS VERY SELDOM HAVE THE TALENT TO GO OFFENCE OR DEFENCE ,THEIR IS TO MUCH WATCHING OF PRO OR COLLEGE BALL . THEIR IS JUST NOT ENOUGH TALENT IN HIGH SCHOOL .YOU MAY HAVE SEVERAL OUTSTANDING KIDS AND THEY NEED TO PLAY BOTH WAYS .THIS COULD BE A CLUE TO HOW THEY CONTINUE TO MAKE PLAYOFFS YEAR AFTER YEAR .

GreenMonster
12-28-2005, 11:42 PM
mine too.

sinfan75
12-29-2005, 06:25 AM
Sinton will return somewhere inthe neighborhood of 13 or 14 starters. 8 on D for sure don't know the exact number on O.

HighSchool Fan
12-29-2005, 09:20 AM
i think Gainesville will return 1 starter on offene and 1 starter on defense. that looks promising doesn't it :(

Gobbla2001
12-29-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
i think Gainesville will return 1 starter on offene and 1 starter on defense. that looks promising doesn't it :(

Yah, but it's in Gainesville, not Palacios or Kermit or something... they'll be back...

piratebg
12-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Sinton will return somewhere inthe neighborhood of 13 or 14 starters. 8 on D for sure don't know the exact number on O.

That doesn't sound that bad at all. The defense is gonna be stacked again. Hopefully we have some good talent coming up on offense.

sicem74
12-29-2005, 02:43 PM
yoemen 7 on defense 8 on offense i think

Black_Magic
12-29-2005, 05:29 PM
How many returners does Sweetwater and Wylie have?
http://www.tigersinthesky.com/images/backgrounds/bg_stripe.jpg

sww-bull52
12-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Far as I can tell we have 5 on O and 8 on D. It's hard to say though cause we had several players in several different positions that one person really didn't have claim to that position.

shadow13
12-30-2005, 01:59 AM
We have 3 solid LB's and a few D-linemen and the rest of our D needs a complete overhaul.

Hupernikomen
12-30-2005, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by SilsbeeD
Silsbee will be returning 8 on D and 6 on O. We have all of our key positions returning on O also.

Where is Steed going to play at next year? Man, he was a horse on defense.

Mustangpride09
12-30-2005, 04:05 AM
sweetwater should be returning 3 offensive starters, we lose our ENTIRE o-line. That ultimately could hurt us. But we will keep out run game. We will return 6 defensive starters.

Mustangpride09
12-30-2005, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
Far as I can tell we have 5 on O and 8 on D. It's hard to say though cause we had several players in several different positions that one person really didn't have claim to that position.

Where are you getting 5 and 8?

shadow13
12-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
sweetwater should be returning 3 offensive starters, we lose our ENTIRE o-line. That ultimately could hurt us. But we will keep out run game. We will return 6 defensive starters. If we had a weakness last yr. It was the O-LINE , so we should be fine as far as replacing the linemen

LH Panther Mom
01-01-2006, 03:13 PM
We have 17 seniors graduating and from what I can tell (with help from # 55) we've got 6 starters returning. With some injuries and late in the season changes in positions, it's hard to say which side they'll return on next year.

Wimberley has 30 seniors that will graduate ( :eek: ). I don't know total starters that return, but there are 5 or 6 of their big playmakers that will be back. (At least that's the names I recognize.)