PDA

View Full Version : USC vs The World

football4life
12-26-2005, 06:23 PM
What does everyone think about ESPN's comparisons of USC to some of the greatest teams ever in college football?? Personally, i think it's absurd, since its all just speculation. I dont have a problem giving them all their recognition, but cmon.

Gobbla2001
12-26-2005, 06:27 PM
I think as a team it is out of hand, maybe as a program the last 3 years can be excepted...

A team this great would not be down bad so often as they have this season... But then again, they've always come back to win it, so you never know...

I think they're a great team, deserving of the oppurtunity to play for the championship again...

schu1213
12-26-2005, 06:40 PM
But if it was ut im guessing you would love it huh. Who cares about it. It doesnt mean anything.

Gobbla2001
12-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Not me, I'd think it'd be just as stupid... no one knows... the same people picking they'd beat this team and that team are wrong every week ha...

schu1213
12-26-2005, 08:07 PM
I agree its really stupid but its not that big of a deal.

gobbler84
12-26-2005, 09:53 PM
USC is not that good! They jus don't make as many mistakes as the teams they play do! Teams go into that game with doubt in there mind and that makes everything 100% worse! Look at Notre Dame, take away a fumble late in the game and it's a whole new ball game! USC CAN be beat and WILL be beat in Jan. by Texas! Hook Em' Horns!!

AggieJohn
12-26-2005, 09:56 PM
my whorn friends are crackin me up.......they are pissed

schu1213
12-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
USC is not that good! They jus don't make as many mistakes as the teams they play do! Teams go into that game with doubt in there mind and that makes everything 100% worse! Look at Notre Dame, take away a fumble late in the game and it's a whole new ball game! USC CAN be beat and WILL be beat in Jan. by Texas! Hook Em' Horns!!

Alright ronnie yeah they are not that good they just have won 2 straight nc. Yeah even if one was a split it was still a national championship. THey are just terrible. They only have the last to heisman winners on their team, thats it. Man they are bad.

Gobbla2001
12-26-2005, 10:56 PM
So Nebraska getting blasted by Miami a few years ago in the championship game was a fluke since Crouch was the Heisman trophy winner? ha

I guess OU losing to LSU the year before was a fluke since White was the Heisman winner?

These teams didn't even win the national championship games... No one's arguing that USC isn't a great ball game, we're just arguing that they're not the best we've ever seen as people keep saying... They're very well coached and have a lot of talent, but to be the 'greatest team ever' you can't have 4 games in a season when they are down by two TD's or more in the first QT... They won those games which makes them a great team, but greatest ever? I dunno, their defense is pretty weak...

If Notre Dame would have beaten USC, would this year's Notre Dame be the best team ever???

USC deserves the hype, I agree, but calling this year's team the best ever when they haven't even won the championship yet is a little weird to me and others...

Snyder_TigerFan
12-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

USC deserves the hype, I agree, but calling this year's team the best ever when they haven't even won the championship yet is a little weird to me and others...

I agree with you there. I could see them doing the comparisons after the championship game, cause what if Texas pulls out the "upset", does that mean that Texas is the 'Best' ever? All of the publicity that ESPN is giving them should be just fueling the Texas team...giving them more motivation to go in and win.

football4life
12-27-2005, 12:13 AM
I just don't really like that they try to compare them to all these teams, most of which from a completely different era of football. There's no way you could say who would win between USC now and '55 Oklahoma. Its just not possible.

gobbler84
12-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
So Nebraska getting blasted by Miami a few years ago in the championship game was a fluke since Crouch was the Heisman trophy winner? ha

I guess OU losing to LSU the year before was a fluke since White was the Heisman winner?

These teams didn't even win the national championship games... No one's arguing that USC isn't a great ball game, we're just arguing that they're not the best we've ever seen as people keep saying... They're very well coached and have a lot of talent, but to be the 'greatest team ever' you can't have 4 games in a season when they are down by two TD's or more in the first QT... They won those games which makes them a great team, but greatest ever? I dunno, their defense is pretty weak...

If Notre Dame would have beaten USC, would this year's Notre Dame be the best team ever???

This is exactly what I was trying to get at!

Old Tiger
12-27-2005, 12:47 AM
The next ESPN part of this series is USC vs. Seattle Seahawks and the next day is USC vs. Indiapolis Colts

RdaleBoi08
12-27-2005, 01:35 AM
It Doesn't Make Any Since Because It Doesnt Matter...It Matter's What Happens The Day They Play Texas!.....If Texas Beats USC And Go Undefated Again Next Year They Will Do Them Just Like they did USC

District303aPastPlayer
12-27-2005, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
It Doesn't Make Any Since Because It Doesnt Matter...It Matter's What Happens The Day They Play Texas!.....If Texas Beats USC And Go Undefated Again Next Year They Will Do Them Just Like they did USC

hell no and you know that already

KTJ
12-27-2005, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by schu1213
But if it was ut im guessing you would love it huh. Who cares about it. It doesnt mean anything.

Wow.

sinfan75
12-27-2005, 06:24 AM
Let em build USC up all they want. I think it's great to see Texas as the underdog. That's gonna be one fired up group of Longhorns come Jan.4.

AggieJohn
12-27-2005, 08:15 AM
all they are doing in just making the line for the game a false line.....

injuredinmelee
12-27-2005, 11:44 AM
USC 0 Ditka 9786096590346985

District303aPastPlayer
12-27-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
USC 0 Ditka 9786096590346985

:D

Snyder_TigerFan
12-28-2005, 12:05 PM
There is a poll on espn.com (http://espn.go.com) - How do you feel about the coverage of the Rose Bowl in the media?

When I voted, results were -
4.6% Texas gets too much attention
65 % USC gets too much attention
30.3%Coverage is fair

BreckTxLonghorn
12-28-2005, 01:35 PM
USC is a great team. Possibly the greatest offense since the BCS era began, if not college football. BUT THEY STILL HAVE ONE GAME TO PLAY. That's the only thing that irks me. If it was January 28, and the Trojans were celebrating their 2nd straight BCS championship, then I'd have no problem. This isn't the case though.

Even the Daily Quickie (ESPN Page 2) made the notion that this isn't even the best USC. There's a strong argument for last years team, who blasted everyone but Cal ( a legitimate top 10 team then).

My point is this: calling a team the greatest of all time before they play the championship is like surveying flood damage before a storm. You just don't get a good picture. If I were USC, I'd be begging ESPN to stop. They're losing non-committal fans, plus absolutely pissing off Texas (which is not a good thing to do). I don't know who will win the Rose (I'm hoping Texas), but I think its going to be one hell of a game.

My Pick: Texas 40, USC 38 (Ditkas 21564)

Maroon87
12-28-2005, 02:40 PM
If I were Mack Brown, I would make sure that the Horn players watched that segment every day.

GreenMonster
12-28-2005, 07:01 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this but, Go Texas

3afan
12-28-2005, 08:29 PM
how can someone FROM texas not go for texas?

Gobbla2001
12-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
how can someone FROM texas not go for texas?

It'd be different if the person (s) were USC fans their whole lives and/or are from Cali...

But the ones not pulling for UT either hate UT (Jealous) or are on the USC bandwagon since they became dominant again...

that's just how it goes...

GreenMonster
12-28-2005, 11:49 PM
and this one as well