PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie vs. Graham

VWG
09-18-2002, 12:13 PM
Looks as if this one could be a battle. Which team shows up for the Bulldogs? Will Graham's split-veer tear up another team, or will Wylie shut them down?
Predictions????
Graham comes in cracking the AP poll at #10 this week, but I am going with an upset. I say the Bulldogs pull one out at home, Wylie 24 Steers 21.

whsfan
09-19-2002, 04:12 PM
Wylie had a tough game last week with Aledo. The last two weeks they had way to many turnovers. Quality teams make you pay for those type of mistakes. I'm going to predict that Wylie will answer the call this week.

Wylie by 10

VWG
09-19-2002, 09:52 PM
I agree that the Bulldogs have been very inconsistent over the past two games, but if they turn the ball over Graham will make them pay.
This should be a preview for round 1 of D-1 playoff matchup between these two teams. Both districts are slated to play each other in the first round, and with only one D-1 school from each district going.... well that's Graham and Ab. Wylie. And we all know that there should not be any way that Graham or the Bulldogs will miss the playoffs this year.
Just wondering, could Abilene Wylie's QB shuffle be hurting them more than helping them? Kind of like Chris Simms and Major Applewhite syndrom?

FBFAN
09-19-2002, 10:23 PM
There was not near the "question mark" on the Q-back situation when Wylie was 2-0, beating 4A San Angelo Lakeview and a good Snyder team, but now that they've been exposed by a good 4A Aledo team, I don't think the Q-back shuffle is the main problem. They have big linemen, but just as last year, those linemen are not quick and the quickness of Aledo really exposed this weakness, just like last year against Vernon in the playoffs. Other problem is losing the experience of 3 stars like Ensor, Ruth and Lampert, and the overall leadership of those guys and their fellow senior classmates. I do think that Wylie has some very skilled players, and once they get into district they'll have it easier, till they play Ballinger in the last game, and then as was stated earlier, the playoffs might bring a rematch of Graham and the winner of that game will likely see Everman!!! Not an easy road to the championships!!