PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Pre-Season Collegiate Baseball Poll out

VWG
12-24-2005, 11:38 AM
Texas, Nebraska, Missouri, and Baylor represent the Big 12 in the Top 25.
Texas at number 1 and Nebraska at number 4.
Rice appears in the top 10 at number 5.

GreenMonster
12-24-2005, 12:27 PM
I must say I was rather disappointed in Augie Garrido's first few years after taking over for Gus but you can't argue with the way he does things anymore. Graham at Rice is a heckuva coach as well. Hopefully A&M can get their program on the rise again soon as well. I love the "PING" of college baseball. I think I am going to start making plans to go to Omaha this spring and take in a couple of CWS games.

Cameron Crazy
12-24-2005, 05:11 PM
That would be the coolest thing to go to one of those games!! MErry christmas everyone happy new year....HOW BOUT THEM BOYS!!

Adidas410s
12-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
That would be the coolest thing to go to one of those games!! MErry christmas everyone happy new year....HOW BOUT THEM BOYS!!
bet you didn't know that the bleachers at Rosenblatt (sp) Stadium in Omaha are from none other than Souther Bleacher Co of Graham, TX :)

Daddy D 11
12-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Out of the 4 teams representing the Big 12, only one team, Texas is returning their pitching staff. Look for that to be the difference down the stretch, also Nebraska lost their best bats in Alex Gordon and Joe Simokitas(<- spelling?). Baylor lost their whole starting rotation and 4 to 5 defensive starters... dont really know anything about Mizzou except that they always give Tx a battle every stinking year !

VWG
12-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Not as good as the CWS... but if you ever get a chance to see the Big 12 tournament up in OKC's Bricktown Ballpark you need to go.
Excellent facility for a college tournament.
I remember last years championship game, Baylor vs. Nebraska. Man... it was hot that day. Defensive battle with Nebraska taking it 1-0.