PDA

View Full Version : why arnt the tarpons ranked any more

silver king
09-28-2003, 08:43 AM
wow, so what they lost two games and there not even in the top twenty fiveor thirty.

I mean they went farther in to the playoffs then anybody else in the rio grande valley last year.They also have the best defense in the valley beacause star running back Jimmy heith couldn'even get70 rushing yards last week against the tarpons.

those are some of the reasons the tarpons should be ranked.

Pudlugger
09-28-2003, 09:28 AM
Be patient, when you lose two games it takes until you are 6-2 or better to get back up there. La Grange is in the same boat. Just win your district games and don't worry about rankings. Winning is what counts in this game, not polls. wink

3afan2K3
09-28-2003, 10:32 AM
:rolleyes:

<small>[ September 28, 2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

3afan
09-28-2003, 10:33 AM
simple, and you said the answer in you own post - because "they lost two games". do you think they deserved to be ranked just because "they went farther in to the playoffs then anybody else in the rio grande valley last year"? it does not work that way i'm afraid.

check your district standings - thats what counts.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-28-2003, 10:54 AM
Hey Silver King.....why do you care so much if we're ranked or not???

Don't you think that maybe those 2 losses we have right now are the result of BIG HEADS from the high early rankings???

If you're a player.....concentrate on playing and winning games instead of meaningless rankings. The only ranking that means anything is the one at the end of the season that says "you're #1 by winning the state title", or "you're not #1"

silver king
09-28-2003, 11:07 AM
BIG HEADS?OR STRATEGY HMMM :p
WHO knows,not u nor me TARPON HIGH 4ever 4ever!!!! :D

SintonFan
09-28-2003, 12:41 PM
Well, the Sinton Pirates now have 4 losses. eek! I think that merits a top 10 ranking! :D
I mean 2 losses is only half of 4 losses...