PDA

View Full Version : Why I want to go to college, and get a good job...

football4life
12-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Today i had the priveledge of working for my uncle, who is building a shed/garage/living quarters. I have been helping him off and on getting it set up for a foundation. Well today was the day to lay the slab. He hired 3 others from a labor contractor, and we went to work for 6-7 hours. I can think of a million other things i would have rather been doing than that work. It sucked! The work, along with seeing those labor guys who just live from day to day, made me realize the importance of being educated, and gave me an appreciation for those who have grown up with that life through whatever circumstances, and for hard work in general. So here's to college!!:D

LewP
12-23-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by football4life
Today i had the priveledge of working for my uncle, who is building a shed/garage/living quarters. I have been helping him off and on getting it set up for a foundation. Well today was the day to lay the slab. He hired 3 others from a labor contractor, and we went to work for 6-7 hours. I can think of a million other things i would have rather been doing than that work. It sucked! The work, along with seeing those labor guys who just live from day to day, made me realize the importance of being educated, and gave me an appreciation for those who have grown up with that life through whatever circumstances, and for hard work in general. So here's to college!!:D

I hope everyone that is still in high school listens to this young man's experience. Football4life, you will remember this day for a long, long time. Good job!

3afan
12-24-2005, 08:07 AM
while there is certainly nothing wrong with good old ashioned hard work, it really can be a good incentive for staying in school. in-between my freshman & soph years in college i had a summer job for 2 weeks knocking down brick walls wil a sledge hammer, loading the debris in wheel barrels and taking it outside UP a ramp and into the back of a dump truck. in the summer. I lasted 2 weeks ......... but my GPA went up from that moment! hang in there football4life, concentrate on that education, but help out your uncle when he needs it!:thumbsup: