PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Symbol...a new tradition?

LewP
12-23-2005, 03:46 PM
OK, since it's slow today, I have an idea, see what ya'll think.

http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com/animal/Animated_GIF/Horse/horse16.gif

What if we Mustang fans started a hand gesture that symbolizes the upcoming 2006 season. A symbol to denote how 2006 will be the "Year of the Mustang?"

Here goes:

Take your right hand and make a large "C".

Turn it 1/4 to the right so that the open end is pointing up.

See? It's a Mustang Hoof!

It isn't a horse shoe because wild horses can't be caught to put a horseshoe on them, Mustangs are too free for that.

Can you imagine looking up from Mustang Bowl into a "Red Sea" to see hundreds of Horse Hooves?

I like it...what are your thoughts?

GreenMonster
12-23-2005, 03:49 PM
in the words of the immortal "Fat Bastard" of Austin Powers fame, "That's CRAP." Nice attempt though Lew. :p

LewP
12-23-2005, 03:50 PM
C'mon Clint.....you got to love that don't ya????

Sweetwater Red
12-23-2005, 04:00 PM
I already have a hand gesture that I use.
It is reserved for only the Monahans and
Snyder games though :D .

LewP
12-23-2005, 04:01 PM
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vet93
12-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Way too much time on your hands LewP....however, I'll bite...how about making a "horseshoe" with both hands and then putting them together to form an "S".....Now it is specific to Sweetwater.:cool:

LewP
12-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Way too much time on your hands LewP....however, I'll bite...how about making a "horseshoe" with both hands and then putting them together to form an "S".....Now it is specific to Sweetwater.:cool:

Hey Vet...that's a great idea!!!!!!!!!

AP Panther Fan
12-23-2005, 04:04 PM
lol....don't know about the new gesture, but everyone here at work probably wondered what I was doing when I just made a C and rotated it a quarter turn....

:D :D :D

SWMustang
12-23-2005, 04:05 PM
That horseshoe might be misinterpreted as the hand signal the Crips use. RIP Tookie Williams....

Sweetwater Red
12-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Don't you mean burn in hell???

I Bleed Red08
12-23-2005, 04:09 PM
well right now what we use is you just make a fist then stretch out your pinkey and thumb

LewP
12-23-2005, 04:11 PM
Well, I guess that's fine...but doesn't that look like a Longhorn or are my fingers just that crooked?

SWMustang
12-23-2005, 04:12 PM
It was a day of mourning at my house when Tookie went to meet his maker. OK, not really, but how many times will you ever get to use the word "Tookie" in the presence of other adults? Where were all those high powered Hollywood stars when the funeral for Tookie took place? They're all for supporting whack causes from their Ivory Towers - ask them to go down to South Central, LA and you see what happens....

vet93
12-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Here is another one...make a C with your left thumb and index finger (put the other fingers down) and a C with your right thumb and index finger..put them together to form and S....then allow the three remaining fingers on your right hand form the W.....so you get and S and a W for Sweetwater!!!!! Where is my royalty check for the copyright on this hand signal???:D

LewP
12-23-2005, 04:15 PM
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

You royalty check can come to my house..i need a chiropractor now.....lmao

Sweetwater Red
12-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
It was a day of mourning at my house when Tookie went to meet his maker. OK, not really, but how many times will you ever get to use the word "Tookie" in the presence of other adults? Where were all those high powered Hollywood stars when the funeral for Tookie took place? They're all for supporting whack causes from their Ivory Towers - ask them to go down to South Central, LA and you see what happens....

He was a co-founder of the crips. He
wrote some books. What the hell else was
he gonna do? He was on death row!!!
So what if he executed 3 people. He's
reformed...I have lost respect for Jamie
Foxx and never had any for Snoop Dog.

AP Panther Fan
12-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Not trying to be controversial, but when all of this was going on, I thought and wondered to myself.....

how can any governor justify reversing a sentence in a trial that was heard and decided on by a jury of 12? To me, that would be a slap to each of those jurors that spent their time upholding our system of justice....jmho.

SWMustang
12-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Unbelievable that a California Jury gave ANYONE the death penalty.

On a side note, do you think it's hypocritical to be against the death penalty but ok with abortion? I don't care how you feel about either issue but I wish people would be consistent. I've had to rethink my position on those issues.

AP Panther Fan
12-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Unbelievable that a California Jury gave ANYONE the death penalty.

Well that is true too!

As for the other issues, I don't really know that I look at those two things in the same light. A death penalty is punishment for a crime and we all know unborn babies haven't committed any crimes.....

this is a very touchy area...I might be one of those inconsistent thinkers you speak of. :thinking: :)

SWMustang
12-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Well that is true too!

As for the other issues, I don't really know that I look at those two things in the same light. A death penalty is punishment for a crime and we all know unborn babies haven't committed any crimes.....

this is a very touchy area...I might be one of those inconsistent thinkers you speak of. :thinking: :)

You very well may be and that's OK. For me though, I've decided that I want to be consistent. It's easy to say Tookie deserved what he got, but what harm would it have done to just lock him away for the rest of his life? He obviously cannot live in society. I think this would give the "right" a little more bargaining power when dealing with the "looney left" in regards to some issues.

LewP
12-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Wait a second...how did my hand gesture turn into the California Death Penalty...or lack thereof..lol

SWMustang
12-23-2005, 04:56 PM
Because it's december 23rd and I'm bored!

LewP
12-23-2005, 04:58 PM
This just in...My German Shepard thinks celery is a stick....1st time I ever saw a dog that likes celery..

SWMustang
12-23-2005, 05:01 PM
One of my Pugs will eat celery but beware - it might make the dog a little gassy. The likes of which you have never experienced before.

LewP
12-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey...that's great..this fits in with what I was saying about those hippos.

SWMustang
12-23-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by LewP
Hey...that's great..this fits in with what I was saying about those hippos.

Synergy - that's what it's all about. Until the next corporate buzzword comes in. Our new buzzword this year is proactive. As in "You need to proactively fire some people."

LewP
12-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Ya know...you are getting me in the mood to watch Office Space again..

Ummmmmm Yeah.....

SWMustang
12-23-2005, 05:08 PM
Ya know...you are getting me in the mood to watch Office Space again..

Ummmmmm Yeah.....

Nothing to be ashamed of. That movie was one of the classics from the '90's.

AP Panther Fan
12-23-2005, 05:13 PM
This just in...My German Shepard thinks celery is a stick....1st time I ever saw a dog that likes celery..

Sounds like you have started to at least think about cooking that cornbread dressing....playing fetch with the dog isn't going to get it done very quickly though....and oh, dispose of his celery rather than adding it to the dressing....;)

Snyder_TigerFan
12-23-2005, 06:44 PM
OK, since it's slow today, I have an idea, see what ya'll think.

http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com/animal/Animated_GIF/Horse/horse16.gif

What if we Mustang fans started a hand gesture that symbolizes the upcoming 2006 season. A symbol to denote how 2006 will be the "Year of the Mustang?"

Here goes:

Take your right hand and make a large "C".

Turn it 1/4 to the right so that the open end is pointing up.

See? It's a Mustang Hoof!

It isn't a horse shoe because wild horses can't be caught to put a horseshoe on them, Mustangs are too free for that.

Can you imagine looking up from Mustang Bowl into a "Red Sea" to see hundreds of Horse Hooves?

I like it...what are your thoughts?

How cheesy is this? I couldn't help but crack up while reading this.

Where are you going to use it? At the grocery store in Sweetwater? Gas Station? Driving down the road?

LewP
12-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
How cheesy is this? I couldn't help but crack up while reading this.

Where are you going to use it? At the grocery store in Sweetwater? Gas Station? Driving down the road?

Hmmmmm, how bout at the GAMES?????

Snyder_TigerFan
12-23-2005, 06:50 PM

I read this as if you wanted to create a hand gesture to use now, for the upcoming season. Maybe I misunderstood, just thought it sounded funny.

LewP
12-23-2005, 07:14 PM
"Can you imagine looking up from Mustang Bowl into a "Red Sea" to see hundreds of Horse Hooves?"

I had to go back and re-read what I wrote. You had me confused..lol

injuredinmelee
12-24-2005, 10:05 AM
That horseshoe might be misinterpreted as the hand signal the Crips use. RIP Tookie Williams....

I hope you are jesting rip ing the animal that is Tookie Williams. He was trash/ All he had to do was admit and apologize to get pardoned by Arnie and he would do neither. He was hard til then end showing up the man. Williams was a piece of crap and deserved to be tortured instead of humanely put to sleep.

Sweetwater Red
12-24-2005, 10:54 AM
Exactly...

shadow13
12-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I hope you are jesting rip ing the animal that is Tookie Williams. He was trash/ All he had to do was admit and apologize to get pardoned by Arnie and he would do neither. He was hard til then end showing up the man. Williams was a piece of crap and deserved to be tortured instead of humanely put to sleep. I personally do not believe in the death penalty ,but i do think that people like tookie should be locked up for life. To take a life is like playing GOD. And I do believe there is only 1 GOD , so he should be the 1 who decides what punishment he wants to give to an individual for their sins.

injuredinmelee
12-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
I personally do not believe in the death penalty ,but i do think that people like tookie should be locked up for life. To take a life is like playing GOD. And I do believe there is only 1 GOD , so he should be the 1 who decides what punishment he wants to give to an individual for their sins.
Prison is like summer camp for some of these thugs. Thye take lives they deserve to die. People were put to death in biblical times and there isnt enough of it today.

shadow13
12-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Prison is like summer camp for some of these thugs. Thye take lives they deserve to die. People were put to death in biblical times and there isnt enough of it today. You sound like a very Christian Man

injuredinmelee
12-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
You sound like a very Christian Man
I didnt state that I am simply implying that if your gonna be a killer you need to pay the price with your life because I dont feel like paying for you to sit in a cell for 40 years.

LewP
12-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Or less.

mrescape43
12-26-2005, 02:23 PM
I didnt state that I am simply implying that if your gonna be a killer you need to pay the price with your life because I dont feel like paying for you to sit in a cell for 40 years.

I agree with this statement. Why should we taxpayers have to furnish them a place to live, food and medical care after they commit a crime that gets them convicted and incarcerated.
The punishment should fit the crime.

LewP
12-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I agree with this statement. Why should we taxpayers have to furnish them a place to live, food and medical care after they commit a crime that gets them convicted and incarcerated.
The punishment should fit the crime.

Well, first of all the place to live has bars to keep them inside and away from society that does work for a living.

2nd, if you put people behind bars, don't you think they should be fed? Otherwise, it would just be the death penalty in 4 days or so...that would stink the place up, then you would have to pay someone to clean up that mess.

Look, I get what you are saying and I agree, but I think we have to be humnae about the deal, even though many of the victims weren't given human treatment. Aren't we better than the convicts though?

I believe everyone should be treated as a human being. Heck even our troops in Iraq just got in trouble for not doing that.

I guess this is a can of worms I wish I hadn't started...but we got to give em a place to live with bars. Cable TV?? Nah...that's too far.

Bubba-Joe
12-26-2005, 03:01 PM
"Can you imagine looking up from Mustang Bowl into a "Red Sea" to see hundreds of Horse Hooves?"

I had to go back and re-read what I wrote. You had me confused..lol

I suppose that to see that you would have to attend a game at least huh

LewP
12-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
I suppose that to see that you would have to attend a game at least huh

Yeah Bubba...and when I ask the Coaches of the Mustangs to see if I can come on the sidelines and report and take pictures, watch me get shot down....
But, things will be better in 2006.....wait and see.

Bubba-Joe
12-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Yeah Bubba...and when I ask the Coaches of the Mustangs to see if I can come on the sidelines and report and take pictures, watch me get shot down....
But, things will be better in 2006.....wait and see.

Gimme gimme gimme
always wantin some attention aintcha

LewP
12-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Gimme gimme gimme
always wantin some attention aintcha

Nope Bubba...it ain't about me...it's about the Mustangs...and whatever I can do to promote em, I will....deal with it.

Bubba-Joe
12-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Nope Bubba...it ain't about me...it's about the Mustangs...and whatever I can do to promote em, I will....deal with it.

I guess attending a game don't count for anything huh

LewP
12-26-2005, 03:24 PM
I guess attending a game don't count for anything huh

Ya know Bubba.....I think it would be great to attend every game on the schedule, I really do. But sometimes that isn't logistically possible. If I made your kind of money with all them oil wells and such, I guess i could........but see, that's what I don't like about you Bubba...you think everybody's got money......and they don't.

Why don't you get that silver spoon that was handed to ya at birth out of your mouth and and recognize that...and by the way....how many games did you go to????

Bubba-Joe
12-26-2005, 03:28 PM
aint missed as many as you
but I anit on here makin up hand signs and givin all the snyder folks ammo for next season
creatin problems for all the folks you think are hicks cause a wal mart opens

at least I don't live in Nolan county and pretend to tell folks in Fort Worth how they should live thier lives

LewP
12-26-2005, 03:29 PM
aint missed as many as you
but I anit on here makin up hand signs and givin all the snyder folks ammo for next season
creatin problems for all the folks you think are hicks cause a wal mart opens

at least I don't live in Nolan county and pretend to tell folks in Fort Worth how they should live thier lives

Oh so you don't vote for a president then?

Bubba-Joe
12-26-2005, 03:32 PM
what has voting for president got to do with the price of tea in China

LewP
12-26-2005, 05:21 PM
And by the way Bubba, you ought to be nicer to your sis Bobbie Joe....she's a nice lady...alot better than you are, that's for sure.

Bubba-Joe
12-26-2005, 06:32 PM
you know Lew if you really knew what folks thought about you you would be spending all you time on that web site you set up
Ole Bubba looked at that thing
Kinda weak if you really want to know
But I promise if you will go over there and stay I won't ever visit it again.
and check your pm

S-WtrMustangFan
12-26-2005, 07:11 PM
Ya'll dont make me get my belt !!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

mrescape43
12-26-2005, 09:40 PM
This is amazing. They don't even need a Snyder fan to get em fired up! lol

Snyder_TigerFan
12-26-2005, 11:31 PM
This is pretty entertaining....keep it up! Rather humorous!

LewP
12-26-2005, 11:54 PM
yeah Fan...this is a case of a bunch of underlying crapola that Bubba initiates when he gets on here. He thinks he owns the Downlow...

Butkus
12-27-2005, 04:25 PM
He thinks he owns the Downlow...
oh u didnt no, uhhhhhhh no u wooden.

SWMustang
12-27-2005, 06:31 PM

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. I've been digging out from a mountain of piled up work so I'm a little behind on some of this. I didn't shed a tear for 'ole Tookie. Obviously he deserved a severe punishment for the lives he took. I stand by my belief that the death penalty is unnecessary - despite being merited by some convicts. Some old figures I looked up years ago had the prison population in Texas somewhere around 100,000 and only 400 inmates on death row. The financial impact is minimal to keep them in jail compared to the total prison budget. There is no price Tookie could pay to make up for his crimes - death penalty or not. An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind. With that being said, I think Gov Arnold did the right thing to let the execution go on. 12 Jurors made a decision within the context of the law.

SWMustang
12-27-2005, 06:35 PM
I'm a little slow on the up-take - what's bubba's beef with LewP?