PDA

View Full Version : It's pretty quiet around here....

AP Panther Fan
12-23-2005, 03:39 PM
wonder if everyone is out doing their last minute shopping?:thinking:

I am feeling pretty good....the gifts are bought, wrapped and under the tree...just need to go buy some stocking stuffers and the dreaded "cleaning of the house" ... with the kids being out of school for the past week, my house has that "lived in" look and feel.:rolleyes: :D

pirate4state
12-23-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm taking a break. I've been baking since yesterday afternoon. I have sugar cookies, snicker doodles & oatmeal chocolate chip cookies scattered all over the dining room, along with some banana nut muffins and still to come: fantasy fudge. :eek: I'll post a picture later as my "gift" to ya'll!!!! :evillaugh :evillaugh

AP Panther Fan
12-23-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm taking a break. I've been baking since yesterday afternoon. I have sugar cookies, snicker doodles & oatmeal chocolate chip cookies scattered all over the dining room, along with some banana nut muffins and still to come: fantasy fudge. :eek: I'll post a picture later as my "gift" to ya'll!!!! :evillaugh :evillaugh

ha ha.....I baked cookies last weekend with the girls...talk about making a mess! We did gingerbread and sugar cookies and then decorated them. I had icing everywhere.

I'll look forward to the picture of your labors!:cool:

Old Dog
12-23-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm the only fool left in my office, so man is it quite! Wife's at home baking the world flat, LOL. MERRY CHRISTMAS to everybody.

SWMustang
12-23-2005, 04:02 PM
I'm stuck here at work while a big chunk of the field crew is on vacation. There's not much to do. We've had some office olympic type games earlier. I won the office chair race. I guess I could go, but my wife has some cleaning chores waiting for me. Can you say procratinate? Maybe we'll take the old OKIDATA dot matrix printer out to the parking lot and see who can throw it the furthest.

AP Panther Fan
12-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I'm stuck here at work while a big chunk of the field crew is on vacation. There's not much to do. We've had some office olympic type games earlier. I won the office chair race. I guess I could go, but my wife has some cleaning chores waiting for me. Can you say procratinate? Maybe we'll take the old OKIDATA dot matrix printer out to the parking lot and see who can throw it the furthest.

lol...I like the way you entertain yourselves! :D

Congratulations on the chair race victory...ROFL:nerd: :D

LewP
12-23-2005, 04:07 PM
OK....I have to get up and start making my world famous corn-bread dressing for the turkey saturday....

Of course, trying to keep food a secret from a Border Collie and a Boxer and German Shepard is quite a task also.
They have no idea what corn-bread tatses like, but they are always up for anything new to eat.

AP Panther Fan
12-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by LewP
OK....I have to get up and start making my world famous corn-bread dressing for the turkey saturday....

Of course, trying to keep food a secret from a Border Collie and a Boxer and German Shepard is quite a task also.
They have no idea what corn-bread tatses like, but they are always up for anything new to eat.

I love dressing (with lots of sage in it)!

I have done very little at work today...I thought I would redeem myself and screw the postal service, so I sent out some free e-cards at Hallmark.com....they have some pretty funny ones.:D

LewP
12-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I love dressing (with lots of sage in it)!

I have done very little at work today...I thought I would redeem myself and screw the postal service, so I sent out some free e-cards at Hallmark.com....they have some pretty funny ones.:D

Tsk, Tsk......my, my..lol

Ranger Mom
12-23-2005, 04:16 PM
I am sitting at home and have everyone coming to my house at 6:00. I still have to cook, wrap some gifts and clean.....I CANNOT seem to get motivated!

I think in part its because Ranger Rebel (who is SUPPOSED to be helping me) is in her room snoozing at the moment!

AP Panther Fan
12-23-2005, 04:16 PM
Tsk, Tsk......my, my..lol

pffffftt....you know it was a good idea!;)

AP Panther Fan
12-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am sitting at home and have everyone coming to my house at 6:00. I still have to cook, wrap some gifts and clean.....I CANNOT seem to get motivated!

I think in part its because Ranger Rebel (who is SUPPOSED to be helping me) is in her room snoozing at the moment!

All I can say is :eek: :eek: :eek:

and you better get a move on...:D

kaorder1999
12-23-2005, 04:21 PM
my shopping is DONE

AP Panther Fan
12-23-2005, 04:22 PM
I need some stocking stuffer ideas...suggestions anyone?:thinking:

SWMustang
12-23-2005, 04:40 PM
lol...I like the way you entertain yourselves! :D

Congratulations on the chair race victory...ROFL:nerd: :D

I hope my wife appreciates all the hard work I put into this...

Stocking stuffer ideas. I got a portable breathalyzer last year. Nothing says I love you more than a portable hand held breathalyzer....

AP Panther Fan
12-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Nothing says I love you more than a portable hand held breathalyzer....

lol...well, that IS a unique idea and a gift you won't soon forget. Your wife must have a great sense of humor.....:D

Something out of the ordinary like that (well, maybe not just like that) would be good!;)

SWMustang
12-23-2005, 04:54 PM
That's a really tough request. What are his hobbies - favorite past - times. Is he an Astros Fan?

LewP
12-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Awwww geeeze ...here comes the Astro talk.....geeze

If I had wanted to choke...I would have stuck my finger down my throat...

SWMustang
12-23-2005, 05:03 PM
Awwww geeeze ...here comes the Astro talk.....geeze

If I had wanted to choke...I would have stuck my finger down my throat...

Better to have choked and lost than never to have choked at all. I was thinking about that time the Rangers went to the World Series...wait, wait - that never happened did it?

LewP
12-23-2005, 05:05 PM
LOLOL......you are right......man, the Rangers are worse than Hippos...

AP Panther Fan
12-23-2005, 05:07 PM
That's a really tough request. What are his hobbies - favorite past - times. Is he an Astros Fan?

No, not really a big fan of baseball. He likes to hunt, fish, play poker and look for fossils/artifacts. I did buy him a couple of chisels and a pick for fossil hunting.

Nothing really cool like a breathalyzer though...:D

SWMustang
12-23-2005, 05:10 PM
No, not really a big fan of baseball. He likes to hunt, fish, play poker and look for fossils/artifacts. I did buy him a couple of chisels and a pick for fossil hunting.

Nothing really cool like a breathalyzer though...:D

I saw this fish that fits on the ball of a truck. The fishes mouth fits over the ball. It connects to the brakelights. When you hit the brakes the fish starts to wiggle it's tail.

SWMustang
12-23-2005, 05:16 PM
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.SubClass?hvarDept=700&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=10&hvarSubCode=1&hvarThumbNail=yes&hvarRowCount=31&hvarStartRow=24

Here's a link - They have a deer also. Doubt you could get it for Christmas unless you have a bass pro shop nearby.

AP Panther Fan
12-23-2005, 05:22 PM
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.SubClass?hvarDept=700&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=10&hvarSubCode=1&hvarThumbNail=yes&hvarRowCount=31&hvarStartRow=24

Here's a link - They have a deer also. Doubt you could get it for Christmas unless you have a bass pro shop nearby.

lol...those are pretty cute, but you're right, no Bass Pro Shops nearby. We do have a Lowe's though, I can probably find some sort of gadget that will be thrown into a drawer somewhere...:D

SWMustang
12-23-2005, 05:27 PM
That must be tough to buy something that you know will end up in a drawer. How about some poker chips. Maybe some of those playing cards with the nudie pictures on 'em. I don't know what to tell ya. It sounds like your purchasing options are limited due to the local retailers.

AP Panther Fan
12-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Maybe some of those playing cards with the nudie pictures on 'em.

lol....okay, that's enough ideas! :D

I'll go buy some scratch-offs and stick them in there!:cool:

44INAROW
12-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

SAME HERE.. I gotta get these gifts wrapped........ gggrrrrrrr