PDA

View Full Version : With all this USC talk...

District303aPastPlayer
12-22-2005, 05:21 PM
When did they win 2 national titles in a row? I know they won 1 and a half... they havent won 2 outright. so i ask you this... did everyone forget about LSU. . .

Pmoney
12-22-2005, 05:22 PM
thats what i was saying they have not won 2 outright titles

schu1213
12-22-2005, 05:24 PM
Who cares, texas has not won anything so it doesnt matter.

raider4life
12-22-2005, 05:26 PM
...and they wont win anything :hand:

TheDOCTORdre
12-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by raider4life
blasphemy

schu1213
12-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Your exactly right

Pmoney
12-22-2005, 05:29 PM
you will eat that on Jan 4th

District303aPastPlayer
12-22-2005, 05:30 PM
on a side note, my softball team played 2 doubleheaders in 2 days so we could be off on January 4th for the game.

raider4life
12-22-2005, 05:31 PM
can't wait til Jan. 4th then :)

TheDOCTORdre
12-22-2005, 05:33 PM
its sad when the only highlight of my life i am lookin forward too in the next few weeks, months, years all comes down to January 4th

District303aPastPlayer
12-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
its sad when the only highlight of my life i am lookin forward too in the next few weeks, months, years all comes down to January 4th

wait til marriage

raider4life
12-22-2005, 05:34 PM
I doubt I'm even going to watch the game, I may just watch the highlights on ESPN or something. It's all about ND baby!!! they are the ones that should really be playing and beating Texas!

District303aPastPlayer
12-22-2005, 05:35 PM
I doubt I'm even going to watch the game, I may just watch the highlights on ESPN or something. It's all about ND baby!!! they are the ones that should really be playing and beating Texas!

i back the golden domers and all, but please tell me you are kidding

TheDOCTORdre
12-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
wait til marriage
u realize that u r asking me to wait a long time

bulldogman06
12-22-2005, 05:37 PM
why not ND? those guys had USC, and would have won if it were not for a bogus spot and a reggie bush push from behind.

District303aPastPlayer
u realize that u r asking me to wait a long time

some things are worth the wait...

LH Panther Mom
Does anyone happen to know off the top of your head what time the game is?

raider4life
Of course not, USC should not be playing Texas for the National Championship. If it wasn't for the crappy refs during the USC and ND game that didn't call the penalty for aiding the runner when they scored to win the game, they wouldn't be playing Texas, they would be playing Ohio State. NUFF SAID! ;)

TheDOCTORdre
12-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Does anyone happen to know off the top of your head what time the game is?
6 pm california time

bulldogman06
12-22-2005, 05:40 PM
i totally agree totally raider4life, USC has no business bein there right now because they should have lost that game. period. the fact is the media and everyone is pushin for USC so bad that is is ridiculous

LH Panther Mom
6 pm california time
Darn it! I was hoping it was in the middle of the day so they'd shut work down. :D (And thank you. :kiss: )

Bullaholic

Penn State would be next in line to play for the title---not ND this year. I hope ND gets it together next year and does meet UT for the National Championship next season.

District303aPastPlayer
Originally posted by bulldogman06
why not ND? those guys had USC, and would have won if it were not for a bogus spot and a reggie bush push from behind.

Penn State
Ohio State
Oregon :)

raider4life
12-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Penn State would be next in line to play for the title---not ND this year. I hope ND gets it together next year and does meet UT for the National Championship next season.

Never said ND would be playing for the Title, just saying USC wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the poor officiating. And I'm pretty sure if ND would have won that game, the rest of the season would have turned out different and they would be playing Texas.

bulldogman06
12-22-2005, 05:46 PM
true, but beating USC would have pushed them ahead in the BCS rankings and they would have ended up there, most likely

schu1213
12-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Of course not, USC should not be playing Texas for the National Championship. If it wasn't for the crappy refs during the USC and ND game that didn't call the penalty for aiding the runner when they scored to win the game, they wouldn't be playing Texas, they would be playing Ohio State. NUFF SAID! ;)

This had to be the most incorrect post on this site. Yeah they have no reason to play in this game, they have just won two straight nc and not lost in 3 years. Ha come on guys they have every reason to be here and you all know it. You can say that UT will beat them or whatever you want to believe but do not kid yoruselfs and say that they have no business being in this game. Both teams belong to be there because they are the by far the two best teams in the nation.

District303aPastPlayer
12-22-2005, 05:47 PM
would it have been possible to have UT vs OSU again

Old Tiger
12-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Next year Penn St. vs. Texas in the NC

District303aPastPlayer
12-22-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
This had to be the most incorrect post on this site. Yeah they have no reason to play in this game, they have just won two straight nc and not lost in 3 years. Ha come on guys they have every reason to be here and you all know it. You can say that UT will beat them or whatever you want to believe but do not kid yoruselfs and say that they have no business being in this game. Both teams belong to be there because they are the by far the two best teams in the nation.

they have one ONE national Championship. and one AP awarded "national title" :)

Old Tiger
12-22-2005, 05:50 PM
would it have been possible to have UT vs OSU again Next year at 2pm so Ohio State has to play in Texas heat :D

raider4life
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Next year Penn St. vs. Texas in the NC

I'm going to make the call now and it's going to be ND and Penn State next year. Texas is going to lose one next year, for some reason or another.

bulldogman06
Wow, USC has not won 2 national championships in the last two years! LSU won before they did, and people can argue and whine as much as they like, it doesnt change the fact that LSU won last year and not the year before. that has to be the most incorrect post i have ever seen

District303aPastPlayer
12-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Wow, USC has not won 2 national championships in the last two years! LSU won before they did, and people can argue and whine as much as they like, it doesnt change the fact that USC won last year and not the year before. that has to be the most incorrect post i have ever seen

name the last two BCS RECOGNIZED national champions?

there is more than ONE team

bulldogman06
12-22-2005, 05:54 PM
o, my bad, i meant to put LSU was the champ, sorry, i typed USC instead of LSU. I fixed it

Old Tiger
12-22-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm going to make the call now and it's going to be ND and Penn State next year. Texas is going to lose one next year, for some reason or another. Texas will be just as good if not better, plus, VY is coming back :D

schu1213
12-22-2005, 05:55 PM
they have one ONE national Championship. and one AP awarded "national title" :)

Im pretty sure you just named two national championships. They would have beat lsu that year anyway. Their only loss was in trible over time to a pretty good cal team with a heck of a qb.

District303aPastPlayer
12-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Im pretty sure you just named two national championships. They would have beat lsu that year anyway. Their only loss was in trible over time to a pretty good cal team with a heck of a qb.

paper champs :)

schu1213
12-22-2005, 05:56 PM
paper champs :)

Still a key word in there.

raider4life
12-22-2005, 05:56 PM
Texas will be just as good if not better, plus, VY is coming back :D

Sorry, but last time I checked they weren't the VY Longhorns.:p
And Ohio State will prevail next year and beat Texas!

District303aPastPlayer
12-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Still a key word in there.

do they have the crystal football from 2 years ago?

Bullaholic
12-22-2005, 05:57 PM
I just hope the BCS will finally get it right and go to a NC playoff system....this long delay between the end of the regular season and the BCS bowls is too long---perfect interval for playoffs. That way everybody would get to see many matchups that would not occur under the present system, and there would be 1 undisputed NC team at the end. As long as the "old school" board members rule in the major BCS bowls, this will be a long time coming regardless of fan desire.

bulldogman06
12-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Haha but not in the National Championship because Brady Quinn and The Fightin Irish will be waitin for either of them there.

Old Tiger
12-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Sorry, but last time I checked they weren't the VY Longhorns.:p
And Ohio State will prevail next year and beat Texas! The LB's contained VY for Ohio St. and last time i checked they're going pro/graduating

District303aPastPlayer
12-22-2005, 06:00 PM
The LB's contained VY for Ohio St. and last time i checked they're going pro/graduating

or marrying Brady Quinns sister

raider4life
12-22-2005, 06:00 PM
As most people would agree with you Bullaholic, I think they are only keeping the current NC system the way it is because of all the hype the media gives it. To them, fans mean squat, its the media that counts.

rockdale80
12-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Why would anyone even talk about Notre Dame? They lost 2 games and shouldn't considered anyway. Bringing up USC's last two years, while they are fine accomplishments, has no bearing on this season's play. The fact is that USC has a different team this year. They have squeeked by a few teams and that is why I don't understand why people actually think they are going to bomb Texas. I think it is going to be a good game, but I don't think USC has faced a defense as good as Texas' THIS season. I also think Texas has too many offensive weapons for USC to slow them down very much.

raider4life
12-22-2005, 06:03 PM
The LB's contained VY for Ohio St. and last time i checked they're going pro/graduating

If VY wants to go pro as a QB then I'm pretty sure he'll be working on passing next year, not running the ball. If he wants to keep running the ball, and with his size, he'll get drafted as a RB. But we'll have to wait and see now wont we?;)

bulldogman06
12-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Haha when you have the toughest schedule in football its hard to go undefeated. Take Texas Tech for example. Haha when they faced a real team they were crushed. Consider Notre Dame for beating high ranking teams. Also, they would have had one loss if the USC game was correctly called

rockdale80
12-22-2005, 06:09 PM
If VY wants to go pro as a QB then I'm pretty sure he'll be working on passing next year, not running the ball. If he wants to keep running the ball, and with his size, he'll get drafted as a RB. But we'll have to wait and see now wont we?;)

QB Rating
RAT
1. V. Young Texas 168.56
2. R. Carpenter Arizona St 167.68
3. B. Brohm Louisville 166.73
4. D. Olson UCLA 165.23
5. B. Quinn N Dame 162.90

I think that speaks for itself when you talk about his passing abilities. I was one of the ones that was skeptical about his abilities passing going into this season. He has made a believer out of me, and well if you don't believe it then here are the rankings again.

QB Rating
RAT
1. V. Young Texas 168.56
4. D. Olson UCLA 165.23

raider4life
12-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Why would anyone even talk about Notre Dame? They lost 2 games and shouldn't considered anyway. Bringing up USC's last two years, while they are fine accomplishments, has no bearing on this season's play. The fact is that USC has a different team this year. They have squeeked by a few teams and that is why I don't understand why people actually think they are going to bomb Texas. I think it is going to be a good game, but I don't think USC has faced a defense as good as Texas' THIS season. I also think Texas has too many offensive weapons for USC to slow them down very much.

Like I said, if ND would have won that game, like they should have, it would have put them right there in the mix with Penn State. And since Penn State didn't knock off a #1 team like ND should have, ND would be going to the big game and not Penn State. But with this whacky BSC system, who knows right?

rockdale80
12-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Like I said, if ND would have won that game, like they should have, it would have put them right there in the mix with Penn State. And since Penn State didn't knock off a #1 team like ND should have, ND would be going to the big game and not Penn State. But with this whacky BSC system, who knows right?

Even though they lost to an unranked opponent in Michigan St.? I am not saying they aren't talented enough to compete for the title, but they didn't earn the right to be there. Blame the refs for USC, but the other one they just lost.

bulldogman06
12-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Oh, right, and Penn State lost to Michigan, whom Notre Dame beat. How is ND not entitled to be there?

WestTXLonghorn
Actually. . .ND only ended up playing like 3 teams with winning records by the end of the season. Pittsburgh was supposed to be ok. . .they stunk. Michigan stunk. Michigan St. beat ND and they stunk. Tennessee would have been a good win but whoops! Tennessee didn't even make a bowl this year!

ND is the second biggest media darling next to the Hollywood Condoms. They don't deserve to be in a BCS bowl and Ohio St. should beat them by 2+ TDs easily. Ohio St. has been playing tougher competition and they've been getting better as the season goes on.

ESPN has already announced Brady Quinn as the Heisman frontrunner next year. . .forget the fact that VY is coming back for his Senior year.

raider4life
Originally posted by rockdale80
Even though they lost to an unranked opponent in Michigan St.? I am not saying they aren't talented enough to compete for the title, but they didn't earn the right to be there. Blame the refs for USC, but the other one they just lost.

But who did Penn State lose to? A struggling Michigan team, one that was barely able to beat a very good Michigan State team that suddenly seemed to lose it after they lost to Michigan in OT.

Buccaneer
12-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I just hope the BCS will finally get it right and go to a NC playoff system....this long delay between the end of the regular season and the BCS bowls is too long---perfect interval for playoffs. That way everybody would get to see many matchups that would not occur under the present system, and there would be 1 undisputed NC team at the end. As long as the "old school" board members rule in the major BCS bowls, this will be a long time coming regardless of fan desire.

The NCAA backed by college presidents and many coaches are keeping us from a playoff. But the BCS is much better than what we used to have.

bulldogman06
12-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Haha ok, i do hope Ohio State gets pounded and you eat your words, because i am not guaranteeing a 2 TD win, im just hopin, but to guarantee a win? I dont think so

rockdale80
12-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Oh, right, and Penn State lost to Michigan, whom Notre Dame beat. How is ND not entitled to be there?

Never said anything about Penn State. It doesnt matter who ND beat and who they beat, and this team that ND beat won over this team. The bottom line is they lost 2 games and 2 losses pretty much means you arent playing for a National Championship, and as strong as teams are now 1 loss will probably leave you off the Championship boat as well. ND didn't earn the right to be there. Texas and USC did. They went undefeated and that is all that matters.

Gobbla2001
12-22-2005, 06:48 PM
The fact is that USC is playing UT in the championship game... it's here, and it may suck because it's still without playoffs, but it's still here and one of these two will be crowned the National Champion...

19 of these starters for UT are from Texas, let's back these boys...

If A&M were playing, I'd do the same thing, I'd back the Texans because I have pride in being from Texas...

Hell, if OU were playing I'd back OU... 16 of their starters this year were from Texas...

rockdale80
12-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
The fact is that USC is playing UT in the championship game... it's here, and it may suck because it's still without playoffs, but it's still here and one of these two will be crowned the National Champion...

19 of these starters for UT are from Texas, let's back these boys...

If A&M were playing, I'd do the same thing, I'd back the Texans because I have pride in being from Texas...

Hell, if OU were playing I'd back OU... 16 of their starters this year were from Texas...

Gotta love TEXAS PRIDE!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
12-22-2005, 07:02 PM
If VY wants to go pro as a QB then I'm pretty sure he'll be working on passing next year, not running the ball. If he wants to keep running the ball, and with his size, he'll get drafted as a RB. But we'll have to wait and see now wont we?;) A 6'5" runningback? yea right! lol

raider4life
12-22-2005, 07:16 PM
A 6'5" runningback? yea right! lol

He's more of a running threat than a throwing threat, and if he wants to be a QB in the NFL than he needs to sharpen his passing abilities even more. Whatever NFL team decides to draft him will want to draft him for his THROWING abilities not his RUNNING abilities. And the point I was trying to make was that if he doesn't work on his throwing abilities and keeps working on his awsome running abilities then he wont get drafted as a throwing QB. Which we all know will lead to injuries, injuries, and even more injuries, oh and also suckiness.:p

rockdale80
12-22-2005, 07:44 PM
He's more of a running threat than a throwing threat, and if he wants to be a QB in the NFL than he needs to sharpen his passing abilities even more. Whatever NFL team decides to draft him will want to draft him for his THROWING abilities not his RUNNING abilities. And the point I was trying to make was that if he doesn't work on his throwing abilities and keeps working on his awsome running abilities then he wont get drafted as a throwing QB. Which we all know will lead to injuries, injuries, and even more injuries, oh and also suckiness.:p

I will post it again so you can see how he stacked up against other passers this season.

QB Rating
RAT
1. V. Young Texas 168.56
4. D. Olson UCLA 165.23

I think that speaks for itself when you talk about his passing abilities. I was one of the ones that was skeptical about his abilities passing going into this season. He has made a believer out of me, and well if you don't believe it then here are the rankings again.

QB Rating
RAT
1. V. Young Texas 168.56
4. D. Olson UCLA 165.23

District303aPastPlayer
12-23-2005, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
ND is the second biggest media darling next to the Hollywood Condoms.

this has post of the year material written all over it! :D :D