PDA

View Full Version : We're home and surgery went well

Go Cuero
12-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Thanks for all the postive thoughts. Camryn did well. I took pictures of her before they took her back. She was so happy about this surgery thing because I was really building the hype up. Oh you'll get lots of ice cream afterwards blahblahblah...and she didn't even cry when they took her back so my husband and I were happy. 5 minutes later they call the family of Camryn back and I freaked out. I had just taken my knitting out to finish a scarf I'm making and I just shoved it back in my purse. I thought something was wrong but they were already through. The rough part was walking back to recovery and hearing her cry for us. I was not expecting as much blood (TMI sorry) and she was burping because she swallowed a lot of air. But now she is her normal self. She is eating like a horse!! And the pain medicine that is suppose to make her sleep....well they need to come up w/a new formula for that because it didn't work. The dr said that her adenoids were blocking 75% of her airway!! Can you believe that? I'm so glad I researched about sleep apnea and brought it up to the dr because they would never had thought of it...thank goodness for the internet!! Anyway, I'm just rambling and tired but thanks again everyone.

LH Panther Mom
12-22-2005, 04:46 PM
That's great news!

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-22-2005, 04:53 PM
glad to hear of the recovery. it really is wonderful.:)

Old Tiger
12-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Good to hear, hope you have a good x-mas

eagles_victory
12-22-2005, 05:08 PM
I am glad to here it as well. I hope everything continues to go well. :)

S-WtrMustangFan
12-22-2005, 05:27 PM
75% Man she should sleep good now.Glad everything went well

44INAROW
12-22-2005, 05:32 PM
So glad the hard part is behind you. Hopefully, she (along with mom and dad) get a good night sleep :)

Ranger Mom
12-22-2005, 09:11 PM
That is GREAT news...thanks for filling us in!

TMI and all!!:)

Sweetwater Red
12-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Go Cuero
Thanks for all the postive thoughts. Camryn did well. I took pictures of her before they took her back. She was so happy about this surgery thing because I was really building the hype up. Oh you'll get lots of ice cream afterwards blahblahblah...and she didn't even cry when they took her back so my husband and I were happy. 5 minutes later they call the family of Camryn back and I freaked out. I had just taken my knitting out to finish a scarf I'm making and I just shoved it back in my purse. I thought something was wrong but they were already through. The rough part was walking back to recovery and hearing her cry for us. I was not expecting as much blood (TMI sorry) and she was burping because she swallowed a lot of air. But now she is her normal self. She is eating like a horse!! And the pain medicine that is suppose to make her sleep....well they need to come up w/a new formula for that because it didn't work. The dr said that her adenoids were blocking 75% of her airway!! Can you believe that? I'm so glad I researched about sleep apnea and brought it up to the dr because they would never had thought of it...thank goodness for the internet!! Anyway, I'm just rambling and tired but thanks again everyone.

Wow! At first, I thought you were gonna say "tonsilectomy(SP.?)".
SA is much more serious sometimes. Good diagnosis :) and best
wishes.

LHMom
12-22-2005, 10:58 PM
Glad to hear all went well for your little one. And good for you for pursuing the issue until you got her taken care of.

My baby (who will be 18 in January) has surgery on the 29th for this torn ACL.

GreenMonster
12-23-2005, 12:15 AM
Best wishes. I'll keep her on my prayer list for a smooth recovery.

District303aPastPlayer
12-23-2005, 04:16 AM
congrats on everything going well. :)