PDA

View Full Version : Uscespn

rockdale80
12-22-2005, 02:02 PM
Wonder why they dislike Texas so much. According to the "analysts" on there UT doesnt stand a chance.

Quote from Sportscenter:

"On the brink of an unprecedented third national title we will see how USC would fare against the 1969 Longhorns coming up after this, as we continue to match up USC with the top 11 teams of all time!!!"

:rolleyes:

WestTXLonghorn
12-22-2005, 02:10 PM
Yeah. . .they almost screwed up by making Leinart ineligible for the game. However, after it happened they ran a little blurb about it on their website for all of a day and gave it no coverage. Go figure.

Win-win situation for USCPN tho. If USC wins then ESPN is proven right and can justify this "best team ever" idiocy. If USC loses then they have the ultimate cinderella story and they get ratings offa that and then they dump it ASAP and go to basketball coverage. Next year they jump on the Irish bandwagon.

Real journalism, fairness, and equity? Hell no! Ratings! That's what matters!

LewP
12-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Just FYI, I found this pretty cool website:

http://burntorangenation.com/

Txbroadcaster
12-22-2005, 03:07 PM
If Texas wins two NC titles in a row has two heisman winners on the same team and is playing for the third NC title, then they will get all the same love USC is getting now.

It is not ESPN favoring USC as a school over Texas as a school, it is simply on the dynasty train.

rockdale80
12-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If Texas wins two NC titles in a row has two heisman winners on the same team and is playing for the third NC title, then they will get all the same love USC is getting now.

It is not ESPN favoring USC as a school over Texas as a school, it is simply on the dynasty train.

Well if USCESPN wouldn't have been all over Reggie Bush's junk then the vote might have turned out differently in my opinion. But after the way they dogged the Astros during the playoff's it is no surprise to me that this all over their station.

Old Tiger
12-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Texas will be just as good next year as they were this year. So I see them being #1 next year. Especially after the so called upset that is brewing.

WestTXLonghorn
12-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Here's the thing tho. . .

THIS USC team. . .the one of 2005. . .they HAVEN'T won jack-diddly yet except 12 football games.

The 2004 USC team won a NC outright. The team before that got the AP title. However, because USC is SO favored by the media everyone keeps talking about a 3-Peat. That's just a friggin' joke. First of all. . .the 2003 USC team couldn't have beat LSU and prolly not Oklahoma that year. . .they beat a mediocre Michigan team. So saying that they deserve a piece of the title for that year is ridiculous. Second, saying THIS USC team is one of the greatest ever is universally stupid because they haven't won anything. . .and because Texas is better than them in EVERY SINGLE STATISTICAL CATEGORY. Texas scored more points this year. . .Texas had a vastly better defensive year, and the list goes on.

The line on the game favors USC by 8 right now. If it goes up anymore I'm going to put my whole bank balance on the game and get rich.

Gobbla2001
12-22-2005, 06:56 PM
The media revolves around two things, fellas, L.A. and NYC...

Who's closer?

injuredinmelee
12-22-2005, 08:33 PM
USC plays in a crap conference and the only half way decent team they beat were the golden domers. They suck! UCLA sucks and Fresno St. def sucks. Look at their record since they almost beat the mighty trojans. They have lost to La Tech and Nevada.

Sweetwater Red
12-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Wonder why they dislike Texas so much. According to the "analysts" on there UT doesnt stand a chance.

Quote from Sportscenter:

"On the brink of an unprecedented third national title we will see how USC would fare against the 1969 Longhorns coming up after this, as we continue to match up USC with the top 11 teams of all time!!!"

:rolleyes:

Texas better win. If they do, I get $200. If they lose, the kids don't
eat for a week.:( .....Just kidding...