PDA

View Full Version : Are the 2005 Houston Texans = 1968 Philadelpia Eagles

Phil C
12-22-2005, 11:32 AM
For those that don't remember or are too young this was the year O.J. Simpson was finishing his senior year and won the Heisman Trophy and was the top running back in the draft (and No. 1 pick to be) and went on to a great pro career. During the season Philadelphia kept losing but were ahead what was called the O.J. Bowl. Buffalo had messed up and had a win and tie so going into the last three games Philadelphia had a 1 1/2 game edge but of course they couldn't do anything right and won two games against Detroit and New Orleans and lost the O.J. Bowl. I wonder if the Texans are going to do the same and blow the Reggie Bowl. Philadelphia did get to draft LeRoy Keyes out of Purdue and even though he was a good player for them he was not near to O.J.'s career. For the first three years O.J. didn't have great years but the Bills hired Lou Saben who promised O.J. that he would get him some blockers and he did and then O.J. started having great years.

mwynn05
12-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Things may be different in Sinton but around here we have more pride than to intentionally lose a game just to get the #1 pick in the draft

pirate44
12-22-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Things may be different in Sinton but around here we have more pride than to intentionally lose a game just to get the #1 pick in the draft
why the knock on Sinton? his post had nothing to do with the collective thoughts of a community

Phil C
12-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Thank you 44 and besides that is not applicable to high school football. HS teams do not draft players. :)

3afan
12-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05

i think "they couldn't do anything right " was a metaphor for "despite the consquences that if they won they would lose their chance at drafting OJ, the Eagles won their final two games".

Am I close, Phil?

PhiI C
12-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
i think "they couldn't do anything right " was a metaphor for "despite the consquences that if they won they would lose their chance at drafting OJ, the Eagles won their final two games".

Am I close, Phil?

Very Close. But one can only wonder what it would have been like in Philadelphia during the 70s if they had had O.J.