PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming Games

Ranger Mom
09-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Has anyone ever had their this early in the season?? Greenwood's is tonight because of the schedule we have.

I was in Shallowater last night watching my freshman play, but Greenwood had the annual Powder Puff game and bon-fire. For some reason they had the game at 6:30 and the bon-fire immediately following. My daughter called me at 7:45 and it was all over with by that time!

:rolleyes: A Bon-fire - IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!!! :rolleyes:

I think there was already a "contraversy" about having the Powder Puff game in the first place. Some "People" just want to suck the fun out of everything!!! :mad:

Green Ranger
09-05-2003, 02:02 PM
The Powder Puff Game was rigged like always as the seniors won, if it was fair the juniors would have rolled. After that was over, I left as having a Bon-Fire that early to me was pointless. Quite a few people I heard were not happy about the situation. I have heard it numerous times this week, it is a bunch of extra stuff that surrounds a football game. We are not even allowed to wear mums (Sp?) to school as the boss says so, hall decorations contest then gets mad at us for doing it. Lets play the game at least that will be fun.

Ranger Mom
09-05-2003, 02:19 PM
The seniors will win every year - that's just tradition. I have NO problem with that.

But a bon-fire when it's daylight goes into my list of the top ten STUPIDEST things school administrations do for no apparent reason!!

I am getting ready to leave for the school-wide Homecoming pep rally - hopefully the cheerleaders are gonna be able to cheer at it!! eek! :D

Rabbit'93
09-05-2003, 02:40 PM
Rangermom at least your school still has a bonfire. My ten year reunion is this year and my senior year was the last time we had a school sponsored one. I don't even think we had a dance or anything. I don't think it means as much to anyone anymore. JMO

Old Green
09-05-2003, 02:43 PM
You are lucky to still have bonfires. They have been banned for twenty years here in Cuero.

Ranger Mom
09-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Out in West Texas, there isn't a whole lot we can burn, other than a "stack of pallets", so we are pretty safe on that count! :D

If we have to resort to having a bon-fire at 7:00 at night when it's still 97 degrees out, it kinda defeats the purpose. From what I hear, attendance was WAY down. Maybe that is what the administration is trying to do - phase it out!! :confused: