PDA

View Full Version : Your Teams Website

Cardinalbb
12-21-2005, 07:47 AM
To go along with the thread "High School Publicity" I thought it would be a good idea to post websites of 3a schools throughout the state. So post your teams www!

Bridge City Cardinals............Trianglefootball.net

3afan
12-21-2005, 07:50 AM
include LINKS please - make it easy on us to check them out !!!! :thumbsup:

spiveyrat
12-21-2005, 07:58 AM
Jasper Bulldogs (http://jasper-bulldogs.com)

BlueBlood
12-21-2005, 08:41 AM
Barbers Hill's site:

http://eteamz.active.com/bheagles/index.cfm

LewP
12-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Here is a great website from Dave Campbell's Texas Football. It has many of the official and unofficial high school websites.

http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=231

Maybe the mods can make a permanent thread of this so we can keep this list handy!

wos fan1
12-21-2005, 09:46 AM
West Orange Stark....www.wo-s.com

Cat22
12-21-2005, 09:51 AM
www.orangefieldbobcats.com

We just added a message board. Come check it out.

STANG RED
12-21-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Cat22
www.orangefieldbobcats.com

We just added a message board. Come check it out.

Where is Orangefield? I thought I had heard of every town in Texas, but this is a new one on me.

Cat22
12-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Where is Orangefield? I thought I had heard of every town in Texas, but this is a new one on me.

Orangefield is in Southeast Texas. About 30 miles east of Beaumont, 5 miles west of Orange. We are in the same district with West Orange-Stark and Bridge City.

Cardinalbb
12-21-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Orangefield is in the same District at West Orange Stark, and Bridge City. All three schools are within about 5 miles of each other. Orangefield is the smallest of the three. A very good school with some strong tradition. They involve all ages in their programs. The teams are very scrapy and can be the spoiler on many occasions. No one takes them lightly. A great group of people as well!

shankbear
12-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Bridge City and area.

http://www.trianglefootball.net/

Aesculus gilmus
12-21-2005, 10:38 AM
http://www.gilmerbuckeyes.com

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-21-2005, 11:51 AM
http://www.lakeworthsports.com/index.htm

Lake Worth High sports

Cardinalbb
12-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by LewP
Here is a great website from Dave Campbell's Texas Football. It has many of the official and unofficial high school websites.

http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=231

Maybe the mods can make a permanent thread of this so we can keep this list handy!

This is a good start, but not all schools are represented. Some of the sites are no longer in use, and others are just information about the school and no message board. Maybe it needs to be updated.

LewP
12-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Cardinalbb
This is a good start, but not all schools are represented. Some of the sites are no longer in use, and others are just information about the school and no message board. Maybe it needs to be updated.

Agreed, which brings me back to the statement, what can we do to perhaps have a uniformity in all Texas schools to maybe have school websites.

Personally, I would think websites and such might come under the Booster Club's area of interest? I dunno.

LH Panther Mom
12-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Agreed, which brings me back to the statement, what can we do to perhaps have a uniformity in all Texas schools to maybe have school websites.

Personally, I would think websites and such might come under the Booster Club's area of interest? I dunno.
There will never be uniformity. Budgets, time, personnel, etc all affect ability to have or not sports websites.

If you read UIL guidelines regarding athletic booster clubs, they are very specific on what is allowed or not. I don't believe this is something that would be allowed.

LewP
12-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
There will never be uniformity. Budgets, time, personnel, etc all affect ability to have or not sports websites.

If you read UIL guidelines regarding athletic booster clubs, they are very specific on what is allowed or not. I don't believe this is something that would be allowed.

OK, maybe it was a bad idea to try and get folks more information about their local teams. My bad.

3afan
12-21-2005, 01:37 PM
no, its a good idea to try and get folks more information about their local teams ... it just won't happen as a state wide intiative.

LH Panther Mom
12-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
no, its a good idea to try and get folks more information about their local teams ... it just won't happen as a state wide intiative.
:thumbsup:

And I almost forgot....we don't have one. :(

LewP
12-21-2005, 03:01 PM
OK, maybe I should put this another way.

Some schools have very nice websites about their football team.
Example: http://www.trinitytrojanfootball.com/

Some towns have radio stations that broadcast games each week: Example: www.kxox.net

I guess after it all is said and done, it just comes down to who wants to do it.
Let me give an example of what I mean.

I want to use Tatum as an example. By no means am I attempting to discredit anything Tatum is/does...Lord knows they are a great team and town.

But during their playoff run...I really wanted to find out and learn about Tatum and why they were such a good team...Excuse me for being interested... I found that about the only info about them was in the Longview newspaper, and there wasn't much even there.

Well, long story short, I chatted on a few boards, and found out the good folks of Tatum are super nice and very ardent fans of a great team. They have just recently started a team website, www.tatum-eagles.com . The only problem that I can see with that is, it's just another football board where people talk about their team, which is good, but I kind of think it would be nice to see a web page that includes graphics, links and rosters and stuff. I guess you could do all of that stuff on a board, but then you have a whole bunch of comments, and a whole bunch of moderators, and a whole bunch of distractions as opposed to a nice, clean, simple website with graphics and such. Heck, Tatum couldn't even provide me with a current roster of players the week before they played Sweetwater.

So...I'll stop ranting....I just think such a nice place as Tatum for example, that says money is no object, could put something together...again, I'm not trying to single out Tatum..almost every team is in the same boat...Like Snyder...good folks over there, but it feels like I am trying to break in to Ft Knox to get anything on them.
Maybe I just like to read too much...I dunno.
And by the way......
Isn't it frustrating to feel passionate on a subject...and want to be creative, and someone says "Nope, can't do it" and offers no ideas on a way TO DO IT?

It's no wonder nothing gets accomplished if that's the attitude. Just my humble opinion.

http://blogs.scripps.com/abil/Sweetwater/StickHorse1.jpg

LH Panther Mom
12-21-2005, 03:57 PM

And by the way......
Isn't it frustrating to feel passionate on a subject...and want to be creative, and someone says "Nope, can't do it" and offers no ideas on a way TO DO IT?

It's no wonder nothing gets accomplished if that's the attitude. Just my humble opinion.

If you've got the time, budget and resources, be my guest. :thumbsup: At the very least, what's your solution for all schools in the state to accomplish this? :confused:

LewP
12-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If you've got the time, budget and resources, be my guest. :thumbsup: At the very least, what's your solution for all schools in the state to accomplish this? :confused:

I've given a few examples of other schools and how they have done things for new ideas....

I think in the back of a lot of folks minds is, "hey, let the newspapers cover the sports" and the job doesn't get done.

rockdale80
12-21-2005, 05:10 PM
I've given a few examples of other schools and how they have done things for new ideas....

I think in the back of a lot of folks minds is, "hey, let the newspapers cover the sports" and the job doesn't get done.

Well maybe you are speaking for your own town lLOOPY. The Rockdale Reporter does a pretty darn good job covering the sports. It is available online at www.rockdalereporter.com if you care to go browse. We even cover Milano, Thorndale, Lexington, and Highlight other teams in our district for their acheivements.

LewP
12-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Proud of ya Rocky...now find me something on Snyder...

rockdale80
12-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Proud of ya Rocky...now find me something on Snyder...

Cannot think of one single reason I would need to look up anything about Snyder. No offense to all you Snyder folks, just dont have a reason to find anything about them. I can't figure out for the life of my what in the world Loopy would want to find out either. But Loopy I am sure if I were looking for something in particular you could ask one of the people from Snyder that frequent this board.

LewP
12-21-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Cannot think of one single reason I would need to look up anything about Snyder. No offense to all you Snyder folks, just dont have a reason to find anything about them. I can't figure out for the life of my what in the world Loopy would want to find out either. But Loopy I am sure if I were looking for something in particular you could ask one of the people from Snyder that frequent this board.

See Rocky...that's just you...but believe it or not...SOME people in the state of Texas just might want to read about the Snyder Tigers.....You seem to think you and your little part of the state is all ok and sorry about the rest of the people that have football teams.....Why don't you drive out of your county for once...you might find there is a whole other world besides yours out there.

rockdale80
12-21-2005, 05:22 PM
See Rocky...that's just you...but believe it or not...SOME people in the state of Texas just might want to read about the Snyder Tigers.....You seem to think you and your little part of the state is all ok and sorry about the rest of the people that have football teams.....Why don't you drive out of your county for once...you might find there is a whole other world besides yours out there.

I live 3 hours from my county so that was an off the mark statement. I havent lived in Milam county in 6 years. And I offered a way for you to find out whatever you wanted to know about Snyder. Ask them. There are several people on here from there. Its amazing how we went from talking about Snyder to me talking about everyone out of my area. I think it is you needs to get out of the box!

LewP
12-21-2005, 05:27 PM
I live 3 hours from my county so that was an off the mark statement. I havent lived in Milam county in 6 years. And I offered a way for you to find out whatever you wanted to know about Snyder. Ask them. There are several people on here from there. Its amazing how we went from talking about Snyder to me talking about everyone out of my area. I think it is you needs to get out of the box!

But see Rocky...you assume too much...and when you assume too much...it does no good to listen to what you say.

There are several good posters from Snyder. But what if I need information about Bridgeport...I know Bridgeport has a good poster as in the Bull...but he isn't on-line right now...what if i wanted to read about Bridgeport now?

You know...I have no idea why you even comment to my posts. I don't like you and you don't like me that's cool too. My question is why? Why do you root around and go out of your way to argue? You don't ever see me comment on your posts...so why do you go out of your way to comment on mine?

rockdale80
12-21-2005, 05:33 PM
But see Rocky...you assume too much...and when you assume too much...it does no good to listen to what you say.

There are several good posters from Snyder. But what if I need information about Bridgeport...I know Bridgeport has a good poster as in the Bull...but he isn't on-line right now...what if i wanted to read about Bridgeport now?

You know...I have no idea why you even comment to my posts. I don't like you and you don't like me that's cool too. My question is why? Why do you root around and go out of your way to argue? You don't ever see me comment on your posts...so why do you go out of your way to xcomment on mine?

Well if you want to read about Bridgeport and you wanted to do it right NOW, then perhaps wait and learn some patience. I have heard that patience is a virtue.

LewP
12-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Well if you want to read about Bridgeport and you wanted to do it right NOW, then perhaps wait and learn some patience. I have heard that patience is a virtue.

LOL what do you know about virtue...oh that's right..you just heard about it..LOL

Ranger Mom
12-21-2005, 05:39 PM
I was approached a couple of years ago about maintaining a website for the Rangers by the booster club.

I declined...I was afraid it would take me away from the downlow too much!!

LewP
12-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I was approached a couple of years ago about maintaining a website for the Rangers by the booster club.

I declined...I was afraid it would take me away from the downlow too much!!

Yeah, but I bet you would have done a great job:D

rockdale80
12-21-2005, 05:42 PM
LOL what do you know about virtue...oh that's right..you just heard about it..LOL

http://www.wcmessenger.com/sports/

That is where you can find out about Bridgeport. It is called research. That is something else I heard about. I don't have time to do your homework for you Loopy. There is plenty of information out there if you just choose to not be so lazy and go look for it. I am not sure, but I have never HEARD anything about laziness being a virtue. ;)

3afan
12-21-2005, 05:43 PM
check out this link for online newspapers :: http://www.usnpl.com/txnews.html

LewP
12-21-2005, 05:43 PM
http://www.wcmessenger.com/sports/

That is where you can find out about Bridgeport. It is called research. That is something else I heard about. I don't have time to do your homework for you Loopy. There is plenty of information out there if you just choose to not be so lazy and go look for it. I am not sure, but I have never HEARD anything about laziness being a virtue. ;)

Oh you are right as always ROCKY....you are what 28? And know everything there is to know about life and all that that entails...Bravo for Rocky!!!!!

And by the way...you ever going to get out of college and get a job?

pirate4state
12-21-2005, 05:45 PM
http://www.anorexicsumo.com/images/smilies/jerry.gif

rockdale80
12-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Oh you are right as always ROCKY....you are what 21"? And know everything there is to know about life and all that taht entails...Bravo for Rocky!!!!!

Yeah that's it Loopy. I am 21.... Good one! If I were 21 what would it matter. You try to make a point and I refute it with fact. Try to atleast get something right for once. You can go to my profile and subtract the year I was born from this year. I will go ahead and tell you I have already had my birthday so you dont get confused further. Or would that involve actually doing something. Remember...I am not sure I have ever heard of laziness being a virtue! ;)

sorry he changed it from 21 to 28 now. Still wrong Loopy!!!!

pirate4state
12-21-2005, 05:48 PM
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/wedgie.gif

pirate4state
12-21-2005, 05:51 PM
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/yikes.gif

rockdale80
12-21-2005, 05:52 PM

Believe it or not I do pay my own way. No loans or grants. I am also pretty sure that my political beliefs have no influence on my school or you. So now you missed on my age, whether or not I have a job, and how I pay for school. Looks like you are batting a big ZERO for the week there Loopy.

P.S. I already have a degree and do work for a living. Thanks for playing please come again!!

LewP
12-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Believe it or not I do pay my own way. No loans or grants. I am also pretty sure that my political beliefs have no influence on my school or you. So now you missed on my age, whether or not I have a job, and how I pay for school. Looks like you are batting a big ZERO for the week there Loopy.

P.S. I already have a degree and do work for a living. Thanks for playing please come again!!
See Rocky...apparantly they didn't teach ya to read in dear old Rockydale.....You missed it completely...

Taken English there in school have ya?

LH Panther Mom
12-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Take it up in pm guys....and keep the political jabs off the board.