PDA

View Full Version : Recipe Thread

GreenMonster
12-21-2005, 12:44 AM
I know that there has been a recipe thread previously but how bout a new one stickied here in the suggestions forum. Might be just the jump start a 3ADOWNLOW COOKBOOK needs to hit the ground running.

I Bleed Red08
12-22-2005, 01:00 PM
I bleed red08's M&M cookies

2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour 1tsp. of vanilla
1 tsp. of baking soda 2 large eggs
1 tsp. of salt 2 cups of M&M's
3/4 a cup of shortening ( cream shortening first )
3/4 a cup of granulated sugar
3/4 a cup of packed brown sugar

PREHEAT oven to 375 F

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl untill creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. stir in M&M's. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or untill golden brown. Cool on open baking sheets for 2 minutes; and enjoy

Makes about 5 dozen cookies

44INAROW
12-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I know that there has been a recipe thread previously but how bout a new one stickied here in the suggestions forum. Might be just the jump start a 3ADOWNLOW COOKBOOK needs to hit the ground running.

I am looking for the Jalapeno Cornbread recipe........ will post when I find itl

GreenMonster
12-23-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am looking for the Jalapeno Cornbread recipe........ will post when I find itl

Thanks Lorey, it sounded mighty tasty.

Old Tiger
12-23-2005, 02:25 AM
Anyone got a recipe for cookie dough to eat raw?

I Bleed Red08
12-23-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Anyone got a recipe for cookie dough to eat raw? you can eat the one i posted on here raw its actually pretty good lol

44INAROW
12-24-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Anyone got a recipe for cookie dough to eat raw?

the Pillsbury Slice and Back Chocolate Chip are wonderful raw :)

sinton66
12-24-2005, 06:37 PM
One of the best chili recipes I've ever found:

Title: ORIGINAL SAN ANTONE CHILI
Categories: Tex-mex, Chili
Yield: 4 servings

1/2 lb Suet
2 lb Lean beef shoulder
1 lb Lean pork shoulder
3/4 c Flour
1 ts Salt
1/2 ts Pepper
3 ea Onions, chopped
6 ea Cl Garlic, minced, or 1 tsp.
1 1/2 qt Beef stock or canned beef broth
4 ea Dried ancho peppers*
1 ea Dried pasilla pepper*
1 ea Dried cascabel pepper*
1 tb Crushed cumin seeds or ground cumin

Cook Time: 4 hrs Fry suet in a large heavy kettle. Remove
suet and discard. Cut meat into 1/2 inch cubes.
Combine flour, salt and pepper in brown papper bag.
Add meat and shake to coat. save remaining flour. Sear
floured meat in hot fat, stirring to prevent sticking.
Add onions and garlic; cook and stir until soft. Add
beef stock or broth and bring to a boil; then reduce
heat aand simmer slowly while preparing peppers Wash
peppers under cold running water; remove stems and
seeds. Put in a sauce pan; cover with water and boil
for 5 minutes. Let steep 10 minutes. Lift out peppers
and grind or puree, adding 1 « cups water in which
peppers were cooked. Add to meat, cover and simmer 2-3
hours or until meat is tender. Grind cumin seeds in a
mortar and pestle or a heavy spoon in a cup; add to
chili. Add salt to taste. Mix flour saved from
browning meat (about ½ cup) with cold water; add to
chili and cook 3 to 5 minutes to thicken. Makes about
2 « quarts. *If these peppers are unavailable,
substitute 4 to 6 Tbsp.s of chili powder.
Chuck wagon cooks from around San Antone were mighty
proud of their chili and mighty set in their ways of
puttin' peppers in and leavin' beans out. But San
Antone Chili sure stuck to your ribs, and even if you
liked beans, you didn't complain. At least not where
the cook could hear you.
(Try as written first, then experiment)

Substitute vegetable, Canola, or extra virgin olive oil for the suet grease. Results are much better if you use dried peppers instead of powdered. This chili is mild. If you like hotter, add in a Serrano or Habanero. Another method is to put one can beef broth, all the peppers, onions, garlic and cumin into a blender to puree. This is handy if you want to do some of the prep at home and actually cook the chili elsewhere. Put into a jar with lid and take with you. Once meat is browned, add the liquid. For a little extra beef flavor, add in a beef bullion cube or two. This recipe works well with beef and pork sirloin cuts also. Can be used with stew meats, but stew meats tend to shred out on you when rewarmed. Steak won't do that.

44INAROW
12-26-2005, 02:22 AM
I have not personally tried this, but it sounds like a great idea for sure.. I am going to try some this weekend for New Years Day

ZIPLOC OMELETS

Have everyone write their name on a quart-size ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker. Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them .

Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc. Each person adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shakes, Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.

Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water. Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.

44INAROW
01-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

Jalaleno Cornbread

Make Cornbread like the recipe on the box.. but add 1/3 cup of cream style corn, 2 tablespoons of finely chopped onion and 2 tablespoons of finely chopped jalapenos and 2/3 cups of shredded/grated cheddar cheese..... I increased the milk about 1/3 of cup - kinda use judgement on the consistency....... trial and error probably........ bake 350 for 35 mins........ again.. basically go by the instructions on the package but add the other ingredients and adjust to obtain the consistency...........