PDA

View Full Version : Head Coach's Salary

Milk That Cow
12-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Talking about the best jobs and best athletes, made me think about how other coach's salary compare to others...

So, do you know what your head coach makes? How's does it stack up against other folks in the area?

I'll start it out by saying Bellville's HC makes around 70-71K...

GreenMonster
12-20-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Talking about the best jobs and best athletes, made me think about how other coach's salary compare to others...

So, do you know what your head coach makes? How's does it stack up against other folks in the area?

I'll start it out by saying Bellville's HC makes around 70-71K...

The IP head man brings in just under 50K I believe. Pay scale is pretty low around here but at the same time, cost of living is too.

SHS
12-20-2005, 11:24 PM
This is a stupid thread to get on here an announce what your head coaches salary is....who cares. I don't think your coach would appreciate you going around telling what his salary is.

Phantom Stang
12-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by SHS
This is a stupid thread to get on here an announce what your head coaches salary is....who cares. I don't think your coach would appreciate you going around telling what his salary is.
It's public record.

GreenMonster
12-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by SHS

It is public information. As a tax payer it is my right to know. By the way, I happen to believe that our head coach is under paid. I also believe all the coaches on staff are under paid as well as all the teachers in the school district. Education is the foundation of our society yet our government continues to turn a blind eye to teacher salaries. Every year quality educators are lost to higher paying jobs in the private sector. This is a trend that is in desperate need of reversal or the entire country will suffer in the future.

Cameron Crazy
12-20-2005, 11:36 PM
I dont think the Rook understands..

SHS
12-20-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
It is public information. As a tax payer it is my right to know. By the way, I happen to believe that our head coach is under paid. I also believe all the coaches on staff are under paid as well as all the teachers in the school district. Education is the foundation of our society yet our government continues to turn a blind eye to teacher salaries. Every year quality educators are lost to higher paying jobs in the private sector. This is a trend that is in desperate need of reversal or the entire country will suffer in the future.
I do agree with you that teachers in texas are under paid, but i think its stupid to get on here and discuss what your coach makes. No need for anyone to know how much your COACH makes( did not say teacher).

pirate4state
12-20-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by SHS
I do agree with you that teachers in texas are under paid, but i think its stupid to get on here and discuss what your coach makes. No need for anyone to know how much your COACH makes( did not say teacher). still public information, but your opinion has been noted. :nerd: ;)

and btw I haven't checked what the Sinton coach makes, but then again...I don't care. :)

SHS
12-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy

Rook.........lol comming from someone who average 25 post a day considering you just registerd............get a life guy. I've been on since oct 04 but i don't feel the urge to post every 5 min.

GreenMonster
12-21-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by SHS
Rook.........lol comming from someone who average 25 post a day considering you just registerd............get a life guy. I've been on since oct 04 but i don't feel the urge to post every 5 min.

Cool your jets tough guy, it was in no way a personal attack. You may be right though, it is kind of a weak thread. Truly it is no one's business what another person's income is. But then again, it is a high school football website and coaches are a HUGE part of high school football. It is an honest question which I have given an honest (to my knowledge) answer to. If you don't like the thread then pass it up and go on to another one.

Milk That Cow
12-21-2005, 12:09 AM
I tend to agree about having uneasiness in posting coaches salary, but it is a matter of public record.

Also, I do believe coaches and teachers are vastly underpaid for what they do. Especially coaches, as it sometimes is a seven day a week job being a surrogate father, social worker, teacher and coach to young men who they will have a lasting impact on...

I brought the salary situation up to see what schools/communities are putting their money where their mouth is by taking care of their town's #1 ambassador....

Cameron Crazy
12-21-2005, 01:07 AM
i think its cool

big daddy russ
12-21-2005, 03:31 AM
Ingleside's last one made $74K.

3afan
12-21-2005, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy

haha - sorry CC, its just sounds funny you calling someone a Rook! :nerd:

personally i think no matter how many posts someone has they need to remain labeled a rookie for at least a MONTH !!!

hookandladder
12-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Talk about underpayed and under appreciated, LaGrange has to be at the top of that list.You would definitely not come to LG for the pay.Starts with the Super and works it way down.His way are the highway.

LewP
12-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

Green Monster...
Just to give you an added bit of info....
I had the opportunity to be a part of a task force about this time last year for Carol Keeton Strayhorn
http://www.window.state.tx.us/schoolstart2004/taskforce/report/

Our mission was to try and find out if Teachers, coaches, parents, and everyone associated with their school system would entertain the idea of starting school after Labor Day, so that school districts could save money on air conditioning bills because of starting school in August, which you know is the hottest month of the year. Texas spends about 70 million dollars a year just to cool our schools in August. The thinking was Texas could put that money back into schools and teacher's salaries.

The bottom line here is, you would be surprised how many folks want to start school in early August so that they can have more breaks during the year. We can't have it both ways....people of Texas need to decide whether they want to spend money for more breaks during the year, or go back to the traditional calender and save money.