PDA

View Full Version : I Know it's early BUT.........

Cardinalbb
12-20-2005, 06:06 PM
I was wondering just what talent there was throughout the state as far as Baseball was concerned. I know Lufkin Hudson will be there, and I feel as though Bridge City will be there as well. Carthage might be a strong contender. I know that BC has 3 top lefthanded pitchers with one going on to play for the Aggies. An one other D1 pitcher signed with McNeese who didn't play last year due to Tommy John surgery. IMO, I believe that the state champion will come out of Region III. Hudson or BC. But then again you know how we brag on Region III. What does everybody else have in the way of contenders?;)

Cameron Crazy
12-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Possibly Canyon they were really good last year u never know!!

GreenMonster
12-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Possibly Canyon they were really good last year u never know!!

Canyon has had some strong teams in the past but at the same time you can never count Iowa Park or Graham out in Region I. 7 of the last 14 Region I championships have been won by one of these 2 District 5 foes, once meeting in the Region Final.

Cameron Crazy
12-20-2005, 08:40 PM
We had a great team last year we aer gonna be just as good this year!

GreenMonster
12-20-2005, 08:48 PM

The District 5 Title still resides in Iowa Park if my memory serves me correctly. Expect the Hawks to be very competetive as always. Besides, nothing makes the Hawk fans happier than seeing the Steers with a long face.

Cameron Crazy
12-20-2005, 08:49 PM
lol just like us we like to see them hawks down!!

Cardinalbb
12-20-2005, 09:16 PM
Ya'll fight it out here, and the winner?.....we'll see you in Austin.

VWG
12-20-2005, 10:18 PM

A great team last year? You are joking right?
Iowa Park was the class of the district last year, had one of the best outfields in the state led by Swenson.
I believe all three went on to play college baseball.
I think you might have missed some district games last year, as Graham didn't have near the team as the 2004 Region I Finals team.

Green Monster- Iowa Park and Graham do have some great baseball history. Iowa Park lost a good group last year, but I know that they've got that soph. this year that started as a freshman last year at catcher. He's pretty good.

GreenMonster
12-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by VWG
A great team last year? You are joking right?
Iowa Park was the class of the district last year, had one of the best outfields in the state led by Swenson.
I believe all three went on to play college baseball.
I think you might have missed some district games last year, as Graham didn't have near the team as the 2004 Region I Finals team.

Green Monster- Iowa Park and Graham do have some great baseball history. Iowa Park lost a good group last year, but I know that they've got that soph. this year that started as a freshman last year at catcher. He's pretty good.

Indeed he is VWG. He might see some time on the bump this spring as well. IP did have some tough losses in the outfield but the infield will stay pretty well intact. The biggest losses come in the rotation as 2 of the 3 top hurlers graduated (one tossed a no-no against Perryton in the play-offs and the other was considered to be the staff Ace). The only returner was considered the number 2, but he has a tendency to let his emotions get him out of his game. You hafta have a kid that is a ROCK to run out there as your Ace, someone that will weather every storm with the same determined look on his face and can hold up under pressure. Never doubt IP coach David Fuhrman's ability to create a winner as he has yet to miss the play-offs in his 14 years on the job. Fuhrman loves to schedule an extremely tough non-district schedule to get his teams battle hardened and ready for district and beyond. This is apparent with IP's year in and year out mediocre record followed by a District title and 3 or more rounds in the play-offs. The man is very good at moving all the pieces around until he finds just the right combination and gets all of the parts in the correct order. By the way, Swenson may have graduated but his older brother is the Assistant Coach and should have a little bit more impact this year in his second season in the dugout. Another note of interest is that Graham will have a new head baseball coach this spring.

Cameron Crazy
12-20-2005, 11:05 PM
Yes, he will be a great influence on the kids cunningham was to...

GreenMonster
12-20-2005, 11:15 PM
Yes, he will be a great influence on the kids cunningham was to...

Glenn was/is a good one. He will be missed in Graham. He is an asset wherever he goes.

raider4life
12-20-2005, 11:27 PM
I think Columbus can take Region III only because Rice doesn't have any playoff experience, but they aren't taking district this year. Rice: 9-1 Columbus: 9-1. You guys should be lucky we are giving you at least one game.;)

football4life
12-20-2005, 11:35 PM
all i know is I'm not looking forward to those ridiculously cold practices and games early in the season.:(

raider4life
12-20-2005, 11:55 PM
Hey man, baseball is baseball, but you don't mind playing football in these cold weather conditions huh? :p