PDA

View Full Version : You know what's crazy???

big daddy russ
12-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Met up with a buddy at a cigar bar in Houston this weekend, we got to talking to the guy sitting next to us. Turned out he was an OLB for Akron, visiting some family before heading back to play in the Motor City Bowl.

Well we got to talking and apparently, nobody up there thinks UT can compete with USC. They just can't see how it's possible. While I do think USC will come out of hibernation and win the game, I'm not under the impression that they're head and shoulders above the 'Horns. Apparently, most people in the north think that USC is going to win, and win big.

I never realized everyone thought that lowly of UT. Anyone else seen anything like this? Crazy stuff.

CenTexSports
12-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Wow, what could make them think that a team with two Heisman winners with two national championships might be a little better than anybody?

My money is on UT and Billy Pittman will throw a touchdown pass to Sweed on an end around and also catch a touchdown pass. Texas wins 35 to 28,

Adidas410s
12-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
My money is on UT and Billy Pittman will throw a touchdown pass to Sweed on an end around and also catch a touchdown pass. Texas wins 35 to 28,

That's a bold move cotton...

So is your money REALLY on UT??? Or just your "money?"

CenTexSports
12-20-2005, 04:39 PM
|My "money" is on UT but since I don't bet on sports except a few pools, for a coke now and then (and on my golf game) it won't cost me much if I am wrong.

3afan
12-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
............... most people in the north think that USC is going to win, and win big.

not sure how you get THAT just from a few minutes with an OLB for Akron!

Bullaholic
12-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Met up with a buddy at a cigar bar in Houston this weekend, we got to talking to the guy sitting next to us. Turned out he was an OLB for Akron, visiting some family before heading back to play in the Motor City Bowl.

Well we got to talking and apparently, nobody up there thinks UT can compete with USC. They just can't see how it's possible. While I do think USC will come out of hibernation and win the game, I'm not under the impression that they're head and shoulders above the 'Horns. Apparently, most people in the north think that USC is going to win, and win big.

I never realized everyone thought that lowly of UT. Anyone else seen anything like this? Crazy stuff.

You have experienced the "Notre Dame- we-are-traditonal-college-football" attitude, Russ. The Big 10 has always considered their teams to be the "Big" names when it comes to bowls and national recognition and love to "look down" on teams from the South, and they want to see to see anybody else win the National Title but a southern team---especially after UT whipped Ohio State earlier in this season. This has gone on for years since some of the big bowl games of the 60's and 70's matching SWC teams with Big 10 teams.

Cameron Crazy
12-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Im from texas gotta back them horns..Usc wont be near as good next year cause Reggie will be gone..

big daddy russ
12-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
not sure how you get THAT just from a few minutes with an OLB for Akron!
Actually, it was with an OLB from Akron, his cousin from Wisconsin, and a couple of their friends from points in between.

big daddy russ
12-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Wow, what could make them think that a team with two Heisman winners with two national championships might be a little better than anybody?
They weren't just saying that USC was a little better. The way they were talking, USC was going to mop the floor with UT.

I still think the Trojans are going to win, but I don't think they'll take the Horns behind the woodshed.

Cameron Crazy
12-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Not so fast my friend...I think Texas's d-fense will step it up and maybe pull out an upset!!!