PDA

View Full Version : I hate Christmas songs...

pirate44
12-20-2005, 03:40 PM
...sung by:
Celine Dion
Barbara Streisand
Beach Boys
Chipmunks
any hip hop artist
:foul:

3afan
12-20-2005, 03:49 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Chipmunks1990s.jpg

shankbear
12-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Chipmunks.....shouldn't they go in the FAVORITE CHRISTMAS FOOD thread???? Fried, stewed, baked, broiled, flambed, roasted, toasted. YOMS.

GreenMonster
12-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by shankbear
Chipmunks.....shouldn't they go in the FAVORITE CHRISTMAS FOOD thread???? Fried, stewed, baked, broiled, flambed, roasted, toasted. YOMS.

Roadkill Cafe....... You kill it, we'll grill it!

Cameron Crazy
12-21-2005, 12:31 AM
CHipmunks is the best

GreenMonster
12-21-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
CHipmunks is the best

I like 'em with honey mustard dippin' sauce :D

3afan
12-21-2005, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
...sung by:
Celine Dion
Barbara Streisand
Beach Boys
Chipmunks
any hip hop artist
:foul:

here ya go :: LINK for pirate44 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0689877765/qid=1135164212/sr=8-5/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i4_xgl14/104-7855636-3563134?n=507846&s=books&v=glance)

District303aPastPlayer
12-21-2005, 12:22 PM
I STILLL WANNNNNNNNT MY HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

SnyTigBaseB07
12-21-2005, 04:29 PM
haha i know the feeling...the only good Xmas songs are sung by old white guys.

Go Cuero
12-21-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm going to sound like a Scroge but I hate Christmas songs. They are just boring. I know where is my Christmas spirit. They just sound like elevator music.

S-WtrMustangFan
12-21-2005, 04:51 PM
How about AC/DC "Mistress for Christmas" song ?

pirate44
12-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
haha i know the feeling...the only good Xmas songs are sung by old white guys.
some, but not all. dont forget Johnny Mathis, Ella Fitzgerald, Nat Cole, Jose Feliciano.....

Aretha Franklin has a great rendition of Oh Christmas Tree

pirate44
12-21-2005, 05:07 PM
with the right person singing it, Oh Holy Night can bring tears to my eyes. Ave Maria sung by Sinatra in Latin is my other all time Christmas fav.

sinton66
12-21-2005, 08:36 PM
I tried to get the Sacred Heart choir to do a Christmas Album, but they haven't yet. If they got the group together that did the first cd, it would be pretty good, I bet.

Gobbla2001
12-21-2005, 09:14 PM
I like a little Christmas music on Christmas day maybe, I can dig that...

But other than that? Not hardly...

#1, most are old, it's like listening to a 50's song for a month straight... it's out of date and it's played over and over and over... but sung by a million different 'artists'... which brings me to #2...

#2, the 'artists' you hear covering these songs are totally out of their element while doing it... you're used to hearing one voice and one sound do so much for you, then BAMMM, "Santa Claus is coming, to town" is released by the band and you start disliking Christmas songs from many different angles...

#3, I turn on the radio to listen to whatever music I want to listen to, but you end up hearing "Jingle Bells" 20 times that day by 18 different 'artists', two of them have covered the song twice...

#4, THERE IS NO FREAKING SANTA CLAUS, THERE ARE NO FREAKING JINGLING BELLS, FROSTY DOESN'T EVEN COME TO MY PART OF TEXAS (minus last year, and his name was DUDE) AND NO NORMAL PERSON ROASTS THEIR CHESTNUTS ON OPEN FIRES!!!

Merry Christmas :D

Gobbla2001
12-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

#1, most are old, it's like listening to a 50's song for a month straight... it's out of date and it's played over and over and over... but sung by a million different 'artists'... which brings me to #2...

#2, the 'artists' you hear covering these songs are totally out of their element while doing it... you're used to hearing one voice and one sound do so much for you, then BAMMM, "Santa Claus is coming, to town" is released by the band and you start disliking Christmas songs from many different angles...

#3, I turn on the radio to listen to whatever music I want to listen to, but you end up hearing "Jingle Bells" 20 times that day by 18 different 'artists', two of them have covered the song twice...

#4, THERE IS NO FREAKING SANTA CLAUS, THERE ARE NO FREAKING JINGLING BELLS, FROSTY DOESN'T EVEN COME TO TEXAS (minus last year, and his name was DUDE) AND NO NORMAL PERSON ROASTS THEIR CHESTNUTS ON OPEN FIRES!!!

Oh, and I almost forgot...

CHRISTMAS MUSIC COMES ON AROUND THE TIME CUERO DOESN'T WIN STATE...

GET THAT STUFF OFF OF THE RADIO ASAP

sinton66
12-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

#4, THERE IS NO FREAKING SANTA CLAUS, THERE ARE NO FREAKING JINGLING BELLS, FROSTY DOESN'T EVEN COME TO MY PART OF TEXAS (minus last year, and his name was DUDE) AND NO NORMAL PERSON ROASTS THEIR CHESTNUTS ON OPEN FIRES!!!

You forgot "Bah, Humbug":D

Gobbla2001
12-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Bah Humbug...

Though I do enjoy The Texas Tornadoes version of "Rudolph"...

any other version just makes me want to kill more deer...

spiveyrat
12-22-2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
You forgot "Bah, Humbug":D

You beat me to it.

pirate44
12-22-2005, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I tried to get the Sacred Heart choir to do a Christmas Album, but they haven't yet. If they got the group together that did the first cd, it would be pretty good, I bet.
Ray Paz does a great "Oh Holy Night". i saw him singing in the choir over at Most Precious Blood a few months ago. i wonder if that's where he is at now.

3afan
12-22-2005, 07:18 AM
what is "Most Precious Blood "?

LH Panther Mom
12-22-2005, 08:01 AM
I heard a band, MercyMe, on Leno last night do a song off their Christmas album. They're from Greenville and I thought they were pretty darn good. :) I found their website and they actually have parts of the songs playing. Click to listen (http://www.mercyme.org/index2.php)

And I used to love the Chipmunks Christmas album...had it on 8-track. I think my favorite album was the Elvis one.

pirate44
12-22-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
what is "Most Precious Blood "?
oops, i forgot to add the words "Catholic Church." to the end of that.

3afan
12-22-2005, 08:18 AM
thx