PDA

View Full Version : is Snyder OVERRATED???

Adidas410s
09-22-2002, 04:37 PM
They have now started the season at 0-3 after all of the hype about how they were going to be in the regional finals w/ Everman. They did start their season w/ Frenship, Wylie, and Greenwood, but they were blown out by Frenship (somewhat expected) and G-wood. They have scored 7, 17, and 7 in their 3 losses. They played a good game against Wylie, but from looking at the numbers these 1st 3 games, they dont look like the dominant team they are supposed to be. So I ask this question, is Greenwood underrated or is Snyder somewhat overrated? They were 6-4 in their a respectable 4A district last year and return 21 letterman. However, so far they are showing that a mediocore 4A team does not make a 3A powerhouse (see Sweetwater from 2000 for another example).

Now they still may be in the regional finals because they wont have to play any serious threats until the regional finals, where they will have either Everman, Wylie, or Graham. I am not looking for the excuses about them having injured RB's or linemen. Every team has injuries that occur and they have to learn to play through them. That is a mark of a good team.

I think that we will see if Snyder is really a good team when they have to play Sweetwater, Merkel, Lamesa, and Seminole their 1st 4 games of district. If they can make it through that 4-0 or even 3-1 then maybe they can be considered one of the best in the region. Otherwise, if they make the regional finals, they will have to beat whomever in that game before I will give them much more credit than being a mediocore team that was on the weak side of the draw!

huthut
09-22-2002, 05:51 PM
they will have there hands full in the first round, they will either play ,monahans, ft.stockton, pecos, or greenwood, snyder saw themselves against greenwood already, and they will see stockton this week, the panthers are defensively tough, there offense though has sputtered, time will tell, just my take

Wtx_coach
09-22-2002, 07:35 PM
Hey ADDIDAS, you mean to tell me if Snyder makes it to the regional finals, your trying to say they are still overrated, come on man give me a break any team that makes it to the regional final is a good quality football team.

surfspike
09-22-2002, 08:50 PM
the signs point to 'yes'

[This message has been edited by surfspike (edited September 22, 2002).]

Adidas410s
09-23-2002, 12:53 AM
Yeah I am saying that if Snyder makes the regional finals, but goes 2-2 in those 4 district games, I wouldn't consider them one of the top 8 teams in Div 1 in 3A. I would be able to make a better case for Wylie, Graham, Decatur (maybe), or Everman, whichever 3 don't make the regional finals. There are also going to be a couple of other teams, for example Burnet or Sinton of region 4, in other regions that I could say are "better teams than Snyder, at least better than Snyder is right now.
As far as who Snyder is likely to play in the 1st two rounds of the playoffs, it should be either Borger or Canyon from 1-3A, probably Brownfield from 2-3A, and either Pecos, Ft Stockton, or Monahans from 4-3A. Greenwood is the 4th biggest school so for them to go Div 1 Kermit and Presidio would have to be the other 2 teams to make the playoffs and that is highly unlikely. That is good news for Snyder fans because I doubt that they want to see Greenwood again after the beating they took on Friday.

tors2002
09-23-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s:
Yeah I am saying that if Snyder makes the regional finals, but goes 2-2 in those 4 district games, I wouldn't consider them one of the top 8 teams in Div 1 in 3A. I would be able to make a better case for Wylie, Graham, Decatur (maybe), or Everman, whichever 3 don't make the regional finals. There are also going to be a couple of other teams, for example Burnet or Sinton of region 4, in other regions that I could say are "better teams than Snyder, at least better than Snyder is right now.
As far as who Snyder is likely to play in the 1st two rounds of the playoffs, it should be either Borger or Canyon from 1-3A, probably Brownfield from 2-3A, and either Pecos, Ft Stockton, or Monahans from 4-3A. Greenwood is the 4th biggest school so for them to go Div 1 Kermit and Presidio would have to be the other 2 teams to make the playoffs and that is highly unlikely. That is good news for Snyder fans because I doubt that they want to see Greenwood again after the beating they took on Friday.

First, There is no way that Brownfield is going to make the playoffs so I don't know hwat you are smoking. Second, the easiest district in 3A is 4-3A. There is a reason that they never make it out of the first round. They usually run into a 3-3A or 1-3A opponenet. Adidas, you are just rambling and hoping for a miracle.

[This message has been edited by tors2002 (edited September 23, 2002).]

huthut
09-23-2002, 08:22 AM
hey tors , what happen last year with crane and alpine they mada the quarters, they are no longer there, but they were both from this group of teams, got to play the game

vet93
09-23-2002, 08:44 AM
I have to agree with Adidas on this one. The eastern half of the bracket for region I has been stronger than the western (on average) for the past several years and that does not seem to have changed this year. Snyder could concievably make it to the regional finals and still be only the 3rd or 4th strongest Divsion I school in the region. Having said all of this, I still think that Snyder can be a very good team if they are able to put things together. So far...things haven't counted. I think that we should reserve judgement on the Tigers until they have played those first four games in distict.

Adidas410s
09-23-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by tors2002:
First, There is no way that Brownfield is going to make the playoffs so I don't know hwat you are smoking. Second, the easiest district in 3A is 4-3A. There is a reason that they never make it out of the first round. They usually run into a 3-3A or 1-3A opponenet. Adidas, you are just rambling and hoping for a miracle.

[This message has been edited by tors2002 (edited September 23, 2002).]

I dont see how you can say that I am just hoping for a miracle. First of all, I am not from Snyder and I have no affiliation to Synder. That is why I would write a post about them being OVERRATED. Second of all, I was saying that Snyder will easily make it past Monahans in the 1st round and whomever they play in the 2nd round. It shouldnt be hard for them to make the regional finals. Thanks to Vet for seeing my point that even though they may make it there, they wont be the 2nd best team in Region 1 that went to Division 1 unless they can prove themselves in district.

[This message has been edited by Adidas410s (edited September 23, 2002).]

Wtx_coach
09-23-2002, 05:07 PM
hey ADDIDAS Snyder will not play Monahans in the first round, It will either be Ft.stockton which they are playing this friday or it will be Pecos,

TarponRl3k
09-23-2002, 05:14 PM
to answer that question...Yes, Snyder IS overrated.

Adidas410s
09-23-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Wtx_coach:
hey ADDIDAS Snyder will not play Monahans in the first round, It will either be Ft.stockton which they are playing this friday or it will be Pecos,

I was responding to what Tors2K2 had said about district 4-3A always losing to 3-3A in the 1st round. He was just proving my point for me really and instead tried to criticize my comments and I dont see how he did! If you go up to a previous post of mine, I listed Ft Stockton and Pecos as the 2 likely teams.

[This message has been edited by Adidas410s (edited September 23, 2002).]

audasmom7
09-24-2002, 09:02 AM
They looked like a really good team at first it just seemed once they lost there lead, they got down.I think once they start winning and get some confidence the program will turn around.