View Full Version : DMN: DFW Area State Champs

3afan
12-19-2005, 04:13 PM
from the DMN:

2005 STATE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS FROM THE D-FW AREA

EULESS TRINITY
Title: Class 5A Division I
Record: 14-1
Comment: The haka was as much fun to watch as RB Dimitri Nance rushing for 3,173 yards and 41 TDs behind The Hawgs.

SOUTHLAKE CARROLL
Title: Class 5A Division II
Record: 16-0
Comment: Defended mythical national championship by finishing with four consecutive wins over undefeated teams.

HIGHLAND PARK
Title: Class 4A Division I
Record: 15-0
Comment: Ended 48-year title drought with 59-0 rout of Marshall, the biggest blowout in a UIL state championship game.

HEBRON
Title: Class 4A Division II
Comment: Coach Brian Brazil took six seasons to build a state championship team from scratch.

CELINA
Title: Class 2A Division II
Comment: Scored 803 points and allowed 75 en route to record-tying seventh state title – the first without legendary coach G.A. Moore.

FORT WORTH NOLAN
Title: TAPPS Division I
Record: 10-3
Comment: Defended title by paying back Bishop Lynch and TCA-Addison for regular-season losses.

ARLINGTON GRACE PREP
Title: TAPPS Division II
Record: 10-2
Comment: Wilmer-Hutchins transfer WR/DB Derrius Bell played big role in Grace Prep's fourth state title in eight seasons.

PLANO PRESTONWOOD
Title: TAPPS Division III
Record: 14-0
Comment: Roared to undefeated record by average margin of 37.9 points after losing in state final last season.

CARROLLTON AMERICAN HERITAGE
Title: TAPPS Division IV
Record: 12-1
Comment: Six players were first-team all-state, including Arkansas recruit Chip Gregory on both sides of the ball.

IRVING CISTERCIAN
Title: SPC Division II
Record: 11-0
Comment: RB Will Murchison rushed for 2,006 yards to lead Cistercian to its first undefeated season.

football4life
12-19-2005, 04:17 PM
thats pretty good i guess.....:eek:

BullFrog Dad
12-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Congrats to all those teams! On the other end, how come the high schools in the Ft. Worth ISD never have any success in football. It seems like decades since they have gone a couple of rounds or better.

3afan
12-19-2005, 04:50 PM
they need to commit $ to staff & facilities and MAYBE they can improve ... DISD has done that in the past 5-6-7 years and they have made great strides