PDA

View Full Version : District 4-3A Winningest of this Realignment

WOS87
12-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Here's the final tallies for the biggest winning districts in the state for the 2004-2006 Realignment. The first list ranks districts by the average number of wins per team in each district for the past 2 seasons combined. The second list ranks districts by overall winning percentage for the past 2 years.

Someone has already asked why not just look at total number of wins but that isn't really fair because of the wide range in district sizes (anywhere from 4 to 9 teams). The larger districts obviously would have an advantage. Both of these rankings below allow a fair comparison of districts no matter what the size.

http://members.aol.com/cboehme/private/2004realign.gif

Pmoney
12-18-2005, 09:49 PM
go district 4-3a

Milk That Cow
12-18-2005, 10:14 PM
I think a better reflection would be playoffs wins per district, as some district teams inflate their wins by playing a bunch of cupcakes and tomato cans in the preseason...

Whsdogs
12-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
I think a better reflection would be playoffs wins per district, as some district teams inflate their wins by playing a bunch of cupcakes and tomato cans in the preseason...

actually most teams play teams they think are their caliber or greater...not theother way around

CenTexSports
12-18-2005, 10:19 PM
When you have a nine team district and (once again no disrespect) you have Smithville it is hard to get a great percentage. D19's top three teams only had two losses outside the district (to WOS and Liberty Hill). They total wins were 39-5 with a state runnerup finish for Hutto. One of Hutto's losses was to Cameron and Cameron's only loss was to Hutto. Not too bad.

wildstangs
12-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Very impressive....Merkel going 0-10 this year didn't help our average either. This district has been awesome. I don't think it will be around after reallignment though.

Sweetwater Red
12-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Stats don't lie.