3afan
12-18-2005, 06:44 PM
believe its Feb 6th ....

wos fan1
12-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Yep!

Aesculus gilmus
12-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Does anyone think the lower cutoff will remain the same (389) or even go lower?

Because if it doesn't, there will be no defending champion in Division II next season.

Milk That Cow
12-18-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm curious to what's gonna happen to the teams in District 19...

injuredinmelee
12-18-2005, 07:14 PM
I reckon they will raise both numbers. How much they raise each remains to be seen.

Tatum_Fan
12-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Tatum's enrollment is 394, currently making them the 2nd smallest 3A school in the state

We are expecting to go to 2A, but with the UIL you never know....we thought the same two years ago

hutex04
12-19-2005, 09:30 PM
if tatum goes to 2a, yall will be good for years to come. and i mean gooood!

West22
12-19-2005, 09:40 PM
Tatum going 1a should be like wos going from 5a to 4a to 3a and ?

TatumEagle '99
12-19-2005, 09:51 PM
Yeah its been a thought of Tatum going back to 2A ever since we got to 3A back in '91. There were a few years there where we were well above the cutoff but they have been raising that number every re-alignment. I hate it that we may move back down to 2A, I always loved when I was playing there in '97-'99 that we were such a small school, yet we were competing and beating schools twice our size. Kinda gives you the David and Goliath thing. It was a pride factor for a lot of people in Tatum. At least we won our State Championship while we were in 3A, before we move down if we do.

I do want to say this though, to all you Celina fans out there, WATCH OUT if we drop down. There really hasn't been too many teams out there in 2A that could even hold a torch to your team, but if we drop down, IT'S ON. You guys have owned 2A for years and if we move down there will be a new dog on the block ready to do some damage. ;) That's a lot's of things having to happen before we get to that, but I think we could de-throne you guys if given the chance. Just a thought to ponder about. ;)

West22
12-19-2005, 09:54 PM
TATUM YOU MADE A BELIVER OUT OF ME WITH A VERY LOW ENROLLMENT .CONGRATS ON WHIPPING UP ON ALL THE BIG BOYS.

mwynn05
12-19-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by TatumEagle '99
Yeah its been a thought of Tatum going back to 2A ever since we got to 3A back in '91. There were a few years there where we were well above the cutoff but they have been raising that number every re-alignment. I hate it that we may move back down to 2A, I always loved when I was playing there in '97-'99 that we were such a small school, yet we were competing and beating schools twice our size. Kinda gives you the David and Goliath thing. It was a pride factor for a lot of people in Tatum. At least we won our State Championship while we were in 3A, before we move down if we do.

I do want to say this though, to all you Celina fans out there, WATCH OUT if we drop down. There really hasn't been too many teams out there in 2A that could even hold a torch to your team, but if we drop down, IT'S ON. You guys have owned 2A for years and if we move down there will be a new dog on the block ready to do some damage. ;) That's a lot's of things having to happen before we get to that, but I think we could de-throne you guys if given the chance. Just a thought to ponder about. ;) Celina is coming up and so is Argyle who turned in like 500 makes you kind fo thing they should do realignment every year im sure argyle is the only 2a school in the state who has wrestling

wos fan1
12-19-2005, 10:04 PM
No kidding. I think it should be done every year as well. Numbers go up and down alot in 2 years.

Tatum_Fan
12-20-2005, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by TatumEagle '99

I do want to say this though, to all you Celina fans out there, WATCH OUT if we drop down. There really hasn't been too many teams out there in 2A that could even hold a torch to your team, but if we drop down, IT'S ON. You guys have owned 2A for years and if we move down there will be a new dog on the block ready to do some damage. ;) That's a lot's of things having to happen before we get to that, but I think we could de-throne you guys if given the chance. Just a thought to ponder about. ;)

You know, Tatum had a "track star" with a kid in the early 90's named Jason Hendrix. He broke the record in track in 1990 (200m) when we were 2A, then broke it again in 1991 when we became 3A. He became the only person in Texas history to do that - winning and breaking a record in two different classifications.

I wonder if anything like this has happened in football?

PHS Wildcats
12-20-2005, 12:21 AM
Palestine turned in 907.5, so it should be intersting with the cut off.

Matthew328
12-20-2005, 08:05 AM
Palestine should stay 3A....Athens and Mabank will prolly join em

cowboyfan8
12-20-2005, 09:41 AM
If Tatum drops to 2a, schedule Newton in non-district. You'll wish u were 3a.

Tatum_Fan
12-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by cowboyfan8
If Tatum drops to 2a, schedule Newton in non-district. You'll wish u were 3a.

From what I understand, Tatum has a brutal pre-season already scheduled. Tatum has A LOT of talent coming back next year, so 2A or 3A - doesn't matter to us. I think most would prefer to stay in 3A though

LewP
12-20-2005, 10:36 AM
I don't think Tatum has any fears whether they are 2A or 3A.

3afan
12-20-2005, 10:49 AM
ha - thats what I was thinkin'

PHS Wildcats
12-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Tatum_Fan
From what I understand, Tatum has a brutal pre-season already scheduled. Tatum has A LOT of talent coming back next year, so 2A or 3A - doesn't matter to us. I think most would prefer to stay in 3A though

Is Palestine on the schedule, I would love to see thata again.

texasjeremy
12-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats

Its probably going to depend on how many schools Palestine gets put into a district with and whether they are 3A or 4A. If we stay 3A, we should have the usual Henderson, Jacksonville, Whitehouse and a couple more. It could get interesting if we move back to 4A and end up in a district again with those guys.

3afan
12-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
If we stay 3A, we should have the usual Henderson, Jacksonville, Whitehouse and a couple more.

eh?

mwynn05
12-20-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
eh? Rivals from 4a

Adidas410s
12-20-2005, 04:03 PM
though it's unlikely Celina stays down...I honestly doubt that Tatum '05 would beat Celina '05 after having seen both teams (tatum on tape). It would be VERY interesting.

Aesculus gilmus
12-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Daingerfield 2002 beat Celina as did Gilmer 2003. I'd have to go with Tatum in that matchup, unless Celina has exponentially improved over those prior two teams.

3afan
12-20-2005, 05:18 PM
that was 3 yrs ago ---- 2005 might be Celina's best team ever

raider4life
12-20-2005, 05:30 PM
I'd look out for Rice to be a top contender next year in 2A. We are for sure moving down whether the min. number changes. They will more than likely be in the same district with Halletsville, which should also be pretty good next year in 2A. Can't wait to see what happens!!!!:cool:

Adidas410s
12-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Daingerfield 2002 beat Celina as did Gilmer 2003. I'd have to go with Tatum in that matchup, unless Celina has exponentially improved over those prior two teams.

kinda funny that '02 and '03 were likely their weakest teams since starting their run in the late 90's.

Aesculus gilmus
12-20-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm just pointing out that their two years in 3A ended way short of ultimate glory. Both years it was in the second round. If they go back up to 3A, maybe they'll get a rematch with Gilmer in 2006 and we'll see who's right.

Tatum_Fan
12-20-2005, 07:55 PM

I don't think so, but I should be able to find out once school starts back up. I think that there was some bitterness after the cancellation with Palestine due to Rita this year.

Cameron Crazy
12-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Anyone know if Minearl Wells is gonna be a 5a i heard that is that true?

Phantom Stang
12-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Anyone know if Minearl Wells is gonna be a 5a i heard that is that true?
Not unless there's a class 6A.

Cameron Crazy
12-20-2005, 09:13 PM
thanx for the info!!

Phantom Stang
12-20-2005, 09:17 PM
no problem

PHS Wildcats
12-20-2005, 11:34 PM
I don't think so, but I should be able to find out once school starts back up. I think that there was some bitterness after the cancellation with Palestine due to Rita this year.

Yea, I kinda figured it would be. I hope they can settle this.

des53
12-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Marlin will be a very strong conteder next year in AA!!

3afan
12-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by des53
Marlin will be a very strong conteder next year in AA!!

that just don't sound right ... when I played at Cove we were in the same class as Marlin!

BTW Cove is a candidate to go to 4A, that would be nice.

Aesculus gilmus
12-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Yea, I kinda figured it would be. I hope they can settle this.

I think it was just downright rude what the Palestinian superintendent did to Tatum. He deprived them of a chance to match Gilmer's perfect 16-0 record of 2004. The hurricane was nowhere near the area. Indeed, when it finally did get sort of in the vicinity the next day it tracked over the Texas-Louisiana state line.

It would have been better to have gotten a ruling from the UIL that Palestine had agreed to forfeit rather than play the game in those dangerous breezes that were occurring that night.

3afan
12-22-2005, 08:15 AM
I think it was just downright rude what the Palestinian superintendent did to Tatum. He deprived them of a chance to match Gilmer's perfect 16-0 record of 2004. ....

You can only assume the superintendent's decision was with the best of intentions ..... saying that it was "rude" because it cost Tatum a chance at a 16-0 record is just nuts IMO. State champs is all that matters whether they are 16-0, 15-0 or 9-7!

Aesculus gilmus
12-22-2005, 08:27 AM
Well, what do you expect from a Buckeye? We are all nuts! :D

That brings me to another nutty point. I used to think being in Division II was the easier route to the state championship. I no longer think so. Only having to play five games in the playoffs, even if they are, on average, schools with larger enrollments, is the key factor. This year, for instance, I believe Gilmer would have made it deeper into the playoffs (we went out in Area) had it been in Div I.

BTW, by no means am I singling out Palestine for overreacting to Rita. Pittsburg cancelled a game that night in Kaufman! Not even Willard Scott, if he is even still alive, had the storm tracking that direction.

3afan
12-22-2005, 08:29 AM
Well, what do you expect from a Buckeye? We are all nuts! :D

:thumbsup:

Tatum_Fan
12-22-2005, 01:26 PM
In all fairness...

Rumor has it that Palestine offered to play Tatum on Thursday. When the weather started getting nasty, it is rumored that Tatum offered to go to Palestine to play Friday.

I'm not sure how much of this is true, but I believe that both teams wanted to play that game badly. Up until that point, Tatum was told that the reason we were undefeated was because we hadn't played any challenging teams (totally invalid point now).

At any rate, the game wasn't cancelled because of the weather directly, but because of the number of evacuees that Palestine was taking in,

PHS Wildcats
12-22-2005, 01:37 PM
In all fairness...

Rumor has it that Palestine offered to play Tatum on Thursday. When the weather started getting nasty, it is rumored that Tatum offered to go to Palestine to play Friday.

I'm not sure how much of this is true, but I believe that both teams wanted to play that game badly. Up until that point, Tatum was told that the reason we were undefeated was because we hadn't played any challenging teams (totally invalid point now).

At any rate, the game wasn't cancelled because of the weather directly, but because of the number of evacuees that Palestine was taking in,

Thank you, That was part of the story with the Evacuees that we took in, our school was made into a Red Cross Site and school was shut down for about 3 school days, We did try to get the game moved to Thursday night, but Tatum refused, then the game was moved up to 6pm. At the time the decision was made by our Superintendent, the storm was headed toward Texas. Maybe he overreacted, but can you really blame him.

I would comment on the quote the "Aesculus Gilmus" made, but it's truly not worth it.

Aesculus gilmus
12-22-2005, 04:58 PM
I had never heard the part about moving it to Thursday. I apologize to Palestine.

You know, at the time I thought Tatum was overrated and couldn't understand for the life of me why Palestine wouldn't want to show everyone that was the case. I was wrong about that as well. I would guess Tatum would have won no matter where or when it was played.