PDA

View Full Version : Dictrict 19 All District

buffalo2006
12-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Does Anyone know where to find the District 19 all district picks?

ILS1
12-18-2005, 03:23 PM
I believe they wait till all the teams in the district have finished playing for the year before deciding or announcing the teams. Since Hutto was the last team to finish,they should announce it probably some time this coming week.

:D

Old Tiger
12-18-2005, 07:25 PM
District MVP - 3 Way Tie - Jeramy Kerley, Derrick Evans, Brock Fitzhenry
Offensive MVP - TJ Olivarri
Defensive MVP - Austin January and Efran Valverde

I believe that's what I heard.

eagles_victory
12-18-2005, 07:29 PM
4 offensive players better then Huttos fullback I say no way.

Milk That Cow
12-18-2005, 07:40 PM
As many good players from Hutto, Cameron, and Giddings and the way all three blasted the Tigers..., there shouldn't be anybody getting any MVP consideration from Rockdale...

that's just my humble opinion...

Please don't include a KIDS name in a post like this....RM

c-town_balla
12-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
EDITED.....RM
As many good players from Hutto, Cameron, and Giddings and the way all three blasted the Tigers..., there shouldn't be anybody getting any MVP consideration from Rockdale...

that's just my humble opinion...

Thats what I thought to since he had about tow tackles against Cameron

Old Tiger
12-18-2005, 08:11 PM
The guy from Rockdale is top 10 in the state in sacks through the regular season:nerd:

theyoefnshow
12-18-2005, 08:40 PM
I say Efrain & # 52 Dylan Martinez from Hutto should be the top 2 on defense

ILS1
12-18-2005, 09:42 PM
District MVP - 3 Way Tie - Jeremy Kerley, Derrick Evans, Brock Fitzhenry

You can't go wrong with one of these 3 players!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
The guy from Rockdale is top 10 in the state in sacks through the regular season:nerd:

And Rockdale had 4 guys in the Top 20 in 3A in tackles during the regular season as well.

CenTexSports
12-18-2005, 10:05 PM
No disrespect intended but they should have a lot of tackles because they were on defense quite a lot.

Milk That Cow
12-18-2005, 10:07 PM
What was Rockdale's record this year?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-18-2005, 10:12 PM
That may have been true, and we may have had a rough year, but whenever the game was on, everybody for Rockdale gave it their all. We had nothing to hang our heads about because we fought until the very end and left it on the field, and just because things did not go our way does not mean that there were guys on the field for us that brought something special and deserved recognition for their hard work. You, nor anybody else on this board has the right to get on here and try to take away that from my teammates or myself. Rockdale had talent and heart, and I for one say that whatever recognition that we receive, we deserve. I for one saw everything that was put into it first-hand, and nobody but my teammates and coaches can say that.

theyoefnshow
12-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
And Rockdale had 4 guys in the Top 20 in 3A in tackles during the regular season as well.

From what I understand, that list is comprised of players whos stats are actually turned in. Look at the Brazos Valley list for tackles and you never saw a single Cameron player listed defensively but you best believe the tackles were there.

rockdale80
12-18-2005, 10:20 PM
That may have been true, and we may have had a rough year, but whenever the game was on, everybody for Rockdale gave it their all. We had nothing to hang our heads about because we fought until the very end and left it on the field, and just because things did not go our way does not mean that there were guys on the field for us that brought something special and deserved recognition for their hard work. You, nor anybody else on this board has the right to get on here and try to take away that from my teammates or myself. Rockdale had talent and heart, and I for one say that whatever recognition that we receive, we deserve. I for one saw everything that was put into it first-hand, and nobody but my teammates and coaches can say that.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You guys made me proud brother. Win or lose you played with everything you had. I think some of these people confuse winning with what football is really about.

Old Tiger
12-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Stupid lousy season:(

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-18-2005, 10:32 PM
One thing that bothers me is how many adults get on this website every day and ridicule the hard work of many high-school athletes. What warranted all of this? The answer: playing football for a school different from their one of choice. Have you every stopped to think how pathetic you are? You get onto a message board, and insult the players, fans, and coaches from that school. Why? My thought is that you have no life whatsoever. You get on here and you talk trash, and to what point? To point out the fact that athletes who worked their butts off in the offseason had a poor season? To criticize the mistakes of a player or a team and to tear them down? Maybe we should all stop and look at what football really is. It is more than just a game, I know, I spent the last 6 years of my life playing it for the Rockdale Tigers. Outside of the field, you make bonds and friendships that will last you a lifetime. On the field you make memories that you will carry on with you and one day pass on to those who will listen. There are so many things about football that we will never forget. You learn desire, dedicate, perserverance, the value of hard work, how to succeed, and how to fail. Who are any of you to get on here and belittle the accomplishments of the kids who play this game? It is their game to play, not your game, and you should leave it that way. It is easy to see how quickly some fans will turn on their teams and not support them when times are tough. Shame on all of those who spit on the hard work of the players who try to glorify their teams, towns, and families. Those of us that play all have a dream of success, but with every insult and every comment, you all tear away at the dreams of those kids, and if the dream has already been lost, you add more grief to the loss. It should not be anyone place to desecrate the hard work and dreams of so many athletes who stive for athletic excellence. Either have something good to say, or say nothing at all.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
:clap: :clap: :clap:

You guys made me proud brother. Win or lose you played with everything you had. I think some of these people confuse winning with what football is really about.
Thanks brother, it meant a lot having you there supporting me, win or lose. You are right, many people have lost sight in what football really is all about.

Old Tiger
12-18-2005, 10:39 PM
I know I dind't work as hard as I should of during the off-season. Pound for pound I'm probably one of the strongest on the team though. I'm not proud of not workin as hard as I could have. But I know when football season came around it was time to work and do my best. Which I did. All year people told me what a hell of a game I played even if it was a loss. My reply to them was "How did I have a good game we lost" I do not like losing one bit. After the Caldwell game I didn't cry or anything because I know I played every down to my fullest potential. Point and case when we were losing 28-0 against Hutto at halftime I could of just shut down but I came out and got an INT and took it 80 yards to the 5 to set up a touchdown. That is besides the point though. I left everything out on the field and I know the rest of the team did to. So please do not question the integrity or motives of my team or team mates. Thank you...

Johnny Utah
12-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Gotta love that Rockdale Tiger pride!!! Good luck to you young men in the future!!! Some people are clueless!!!

LH Panther Mom
12-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
So please do not question the integrity or motives of my team or team mates. Thank you...
:clap: :clap:

c-town_balla
12-19-2005, 01:44 PM
What is this, lets try and make everybody feel sorry for rockdale day? I'll give yall this, yall did have some good athletes and yall should have won more than 3 games but sometimes the chips just dont fall your way and bad stuff happens and you have to get over it. And if i didnt work as hard as i could have in the off season i dont think i would say that because someone could "ridicule" you for that and yall would just have something else to cry about.

rockdale80
12-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
What is this, lets try and make everybody feel sorry for rockdale day? I'll give yall this, yall did have some good athletes and yall should have won more than 3 games but sometimes the chips just dont fall your way and bad stuff happens and you have to get over it. And if i didnt work as hard as i could have in the off season i dont think i would say that because someone could "ridicule" you for that and yall would just have something else to cry about.

I dont think anyone asked for any sympathy from anyone. Those boys from Rockdale did something most people can't or won't do, and that is keep fighting when you have already lost. They stayed out there and gave it their all when it would have been easier to give up, shut down, or walk away. Perseverance, Pride, Humility, Dedication, Class, Respect, Love for the game. These are some of the things football is about. Maybe that is something that has eluded you or something you just don't care to learn. My hat is off to those guys. And no matter what you or anyone else has negative to say about them I am proud of them, and so is our community.

Phantom Stang
12-19-2005, 02:16 PM
One thing that bothers me is how many adults get on this website every day and ridicule the hard work of many high-school athletes. What warranted all of this? The answer: playing football for a school different from their one of choice. Have you every stopped to think how pathetic you are? You get onto a message board, and insult the players, fans, and coaches from that school. Why? My thought is that you have no life whatsoever. You get on here and you talk trash, and to what point? To point out the fact that athletes who worked their butts off in the offseason had a poor season? To criticize the mistakes of a player or a team and to tear them down? Maybe we should all stop and look at what football really is. It is more than just a game, I know, I spent the last 6 years of my life playing it for the Rockdale Tigers. Outside of the field, you make bonds and friendships that will last you a lifetime. On the field you make memories that you will carry on with you and one day pass on to those who will listen. There are so many things about football that we will never forget. You learn desire, dedicate, perserverance, the value of hard work, how to succeed, and how to fail. Who are any of you to get on here and belittle the accomplishments of the kids who play this game? It is their game to play, not your game, and you should leave it that way. It is easy to see how quickly some fans will turn on their teams and not support them when times are tough. Shame on all of those who spit on the hard work of the players who try to glorify their teams, towns, and families. Those of us that play all have a dream of success, but with every insult and every comment, you all tear away at the dreams of those kids, and if the dream has already been lost, you add more grief to the loss. It should not be anyone place to desecrate the hard work and dreams of so many athletes who stive for athletic excellence. Either have something good to say, or say nothing at all.
Everyone on this board who is over the age of 25, should read EVERY WORD this young man wrote here, NICE AND SLOW,
so maybe it'll soak in.

c-town_balla
12-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Wrong buddy. I know all about staying with it when things arent going your way. If you recall 2 years ago Cameron went 1-9 i. And in that stretch we had more than our share of bad luck,but not one person quit working at it. So saying that I dont know what those boys from Rockdale did this year or how hard it was is just not true but getting on here and telling sob stories isnt going to change anything you have to move on. Everyone knows that they worked hard, that was shown in their play on the field and i think that is what should be doing the talking, not posts on an internet message board.

Old Tiger
12-19-2005, 05:08 PM
You were just in 8th grade when that season happened and you weren't on the team. I don't recall asking for sympathy, come on Nick use your head.

MARLINDOGS
12-19-2005, 05:26 PM
One thing that bothers me is how many adults get on this website every day and ridicule the hard work of many high-school athletes. What warranted all of this? The answer: playing football for a school different from their one of choice. Have you every stopped to think how pathetic you are? You get onto a message board, and insult the players, fans, and coaches from that school. Why? My thought is that you have no life whatsoever. You get on here and you talk trash, and to what point? To point out the fact that athletes who worked their butts off in the offseason had a poor season? To criticize the mistakes of a player or a team and to tear them down? Maybe we should all stop and look at what football really is. It is more than just a game, I know, I spent the last 6 years of my life playing it for the Rockdale Tigers. Outside of the field, you make bonds and friendships that will last you a lifetime. On the field you make memories that you will carry on with you and one day pass on to those who will listen. There are so many things about football that we will never forget. You learn desire, dedicate, perserverance, the value of hard work, how to succeed, and how to fail. Who are any of you to get on here and belittle the accomplishments of the kids who play this game? It is their game to play, not your game, and you should leave it that way. It is easy to see how quickly some fans will turn on their teams and not support them when times are tough. Shame on all of those who spit on the hard work of the players who try to glorify their teams, towns, and families. Those of us that play all have a dream of success, but with every insult and every comment, you all tear away at the dreams of those kids, and if the dream has already been lost, you add more grief to the loss. It should not be anyone place to desecrate the hard work and dreams of so many athletes who stive for athletic excellence. Either have something good to say, or say nothing at all. :clap: :clap: :clap:

CenTexSports
12-19-2005, 06:02 PM
I have a little different opinion on this. I believe that this is primarily an adult venue to discuss, debate, and argue about one of their favorite things in the world (TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL). I do believe that no individual students names should be used in ANY context related to a negative issue but teams, cities, and programs are fair game. I don't think there were two high schools in the state that had kids that didn't give it 100% whether it is Tuesday or Friday night.

If you are a student athlete and you have thin skin, don't put yourself in the position to be hurt or upset. You will not always be happy with what is written about your city or your team so don't come on here and get upset when it happens. Just like in life, everything is not always peachy keen and you have got to learn to live with it.

90+ percent of the posters on here will say things to get a rise out of another poster but very few do it to be hurtful so take it in the joking, kidding, or playful way it was intended. For the other 10% just blow them off they are usually idiots that have nothing better to do. Feel sorry for them and theri pitiful life (you know who you are).

My philosphy is nobody can upset you but the people that you really care about and I'd bet the hurtful things that bother most of you aren't said by anybody that you would put out if they were on fire, so why let wht they say bother you.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Wrong buddy. I know all about staying with it when things arent going your way. If you recall 2 years ago Cameron went 1-9 i. And in that stretch we had more than our share of bad luck,but not one person quit working at it. So saying that I dont know what those boys from Rockdale did this year or how hard it was is just not true but getting on here and telling sob stories isnt going to change anything you have to move on. Everyone knows that they worked hard, that was shown in their play on the field and i think that is what should be doing the talking, not posts on an internet message board.

I think that you need to learn how to read a little better. I have yet to see where anybody from Rockdale tried to throw a pity-party for ourselves. You try to show wisdom, but you have none. You still have a lot of growing up and learning to do. Also, your word means very little seeing as how you have never played a down of varsity football, and this goes on top of the fact that you need to practice what you preach. If you are having trouble understanding this, then read your last sentence.

eagles_victory
12-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I have a little different opinion on this. I believe that this is primarily an adult venue to discuss, debate, and argue about one of their favorite things in the world (TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL). I do believe that no individual students names should be used in ANY context related to a negative issue but teams, cities, and programs are fair game. I don't think there were two high schools in the state that had kids that didn't give it 100% whether it is Tuesday or Friday night.

If you are a student athlete and you have thin skin, don't put yourself in the position to be hurt or upset. You will not always be happy with what is written about your city or your team so don't come on here and get upset when it happens. Just like in life, everything is not always peachy keen and you have got to learn to live with it.

90+ percent of the posters on here will say things to get a rise out of another poster but very few do it to be hurtful so take it in the joking, kidding, or playful way it was intended. For the other 10% just blow them off they are usually idiots that have nothing better to do. Feel sorry for them and theri pitiful life (you know who you are).

My philosphy is nobody can upset you but the people that you really care about and I'd bet the hurtful things that bother most of you aren't said by anybody that you would put out if they were on fire, so why let wht they say bother you. Kids put there hearts on the line. Push there body to the maximum limits they can to make themselves better. When you put all that work in and then here negative comments about it that is going to make your skin pretty thin. This is high school being a high school athlete right now I get no perks from playing. All I do is give up my time for the love of my sport I dont get any money anything. Saying programs and teams are fair game that is crazy. At Fairfield basketball who I play for currently we are a family. You may take that in a joking matter but I dont I see those guys like brothers. To me if you get on here and rip my team its like ripping my family members. And I am sick to death of people on this board bad mouthing kids for celebrating. Maybe we do go overbord sometimes but when you spend this much time on your sport it becomes your life. When you want to win something so much like high school athletes do it is hard when you don't then to read adults criticizing your team and town who dont even know you and never have been to your town that is really difficult.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-19-2005, 11:58 PM
By saying that you don't think that kids should get insulted but that the teams that they play for are fair game is contradictory. The kid is a member of that team, and what you say about them indirectly refers to them. I for one take it personally whenever people take cheap shots about my team, because I am a member of that team, and my teammates are my brothers. I'm sure that every person who plays football shares that same sentiment as I do. This is the same as one player reflecting upon the team, and the team in turn reflecting upon the person. You are also saying that by letting people talk trash and becoming defensive is a form of having "thin skin." I call it having pride. I will always stand up for my team, through the bad times and the good times. Although my football days are over as a Rockdale Tiger, my teammates will always be my brothers, and I will stand by them no matter what. I think that a lot of people share the same sentiments as I do on the subject, but that is just my opinion.

mwynn05
12-19-2005, 11:58 PM
One thing that bothers me is how many adults get on this website every day and ridicule the hard work of many high-school athletes. What warranted all of this? The answer: playing football for a school different from their one of choice. Have you every stopped to think how pathetic you are? You get onto a message board, and insult the players, fans, and coaches from that school. Why? My thought is that you have no life whatsoever. You get on here and you talk trash, and to what point? To point out the fact that athletes who worked their butts off in the offseason had a poor season? To criticize the mistakes of a player or a team and to tear them down? Maybe we should all stop and look at what football really is. It is more than just a game, I know, I spent the last 6 years of my life playing it for the Rockdale Tigers. Outside of the field, you make bonds and friendships that will last you a lifetime. On the field you make memories that you will carry on with you and one day pass on to those who will listen. There are so many things about football that we will never forget. You learn desire, dedicate, perserverance, the value of hard work, how to succeed, and how to fail. Who are any of you to get on here and belittle the accomplishments of the kids who play this game? It is their game to play, not your game, and you should leave it that way. It is easy to see how quickly some fans will turn on their teams and not support them when times are tough. Shame on all of those who spit on the hard work of the players who try to glorify their teams, towns, and families. Those of us that play all have a dream of success, but with every insult and every comment, you all tear away at the dreams of those kids, and if the dream has already been lost, you add more grief to the loss. It should not be anyone place to desecrate the hard work and dreams of so many athletes who stive for athletic excellence. Either have something good to say, or say nothing at all. That should shut some people up

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-22-2005, 02:27 PM
First Team All-District

Offense:

MVP-Brock Fitzhenry, So., Giddings; Jeremy Kerley, Jr., Hutto; Derek Evans, Sr., Cameron.

OFFENSIVE MVP-T.J. Ollivari, Sr., Cameron

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR-Austin Dodds, So., Rockdale

CENTER-Martin Berrera, Sr., Caldwell.

GUARDS-Lee Gonzales, Sr., Hutto; John Torres, Jr, Cameron; Cody Almquist, Sr., Hutto.

TIGHT END-Dan Drake, Sr., Rockdale; Kyle Reed, Jr., Hutto.

WIDE RECEIVERS-Kyle Knapp, Sr., Hutto; David Waters, Jr. Caldwell; Charles Hill, Sr., Smithville; Jared Hauk, Sr., Cameron, Joel Green, Sr., Giddings.

QUARTERBACK-Brian Scott, Jr., Cameron

RUNNING BACKS-Kevin McManus, Sr., Caldwell; Dominique Crawford, Sr., Giddings; Jerrick Gauthier, Sr. Hutto; Brandon Johnson, Jr., Giddings.

FULLBACK-Devane Jarmon, Jr., Giddings.

KICKER-Zach Marlow, Sr., Giddings.

Defense:

DEFENSIVE MVP-Austin January, Sr., Rockdale; Efrain Valverde, Sr., Cameron.

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR-Kerry Hyder, Fr., Manor.

NOSEGUARD-Tony Davis, Sr., Giddings.

TACKLES-Jordan Grayson, Sr., Rockdale; Josh Posas, Sr, Giddings; Cody Cantwell, Sr., Hutto; Luis Marquez, Jr., Cameron.

ENDS-Gary Randall, Sr., Rockdale; James Sommers, Jr., Manor;, David Requena, Jr., Caldwell; Andrew Holt, Sr., Cameron.

INSIDE LINEBACKERS- Jason Clemons, Jr., Giddings; Alan Dock, So., Giddings; Dylan Martinez, Jr., Hutto; Alex Wright, Jr., Cameron.

OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS-Kendrick Pinchback, Sr., Cameron; Tyler Supak, Sr., LaGrange; Matt Ofczarzak, Sr., Caldwell; Justin Ledbetter, Sr., Hutto.

CORNERBACKS-David Waters, Jr., Caldwell; Cody Daniels, So., LaGrange; Ryan Dominquez, Sr., Hutto; DeAndre Goss, Jr., Cameron.

SAFETIES-Dennis Brooks III, Jr., Rockdale; Kevin McManus, Sr., Caldwell; Brandon Johnson, Jr., Giddings; James Williams, Jr., Cameron.

PUNTER-Chris Siefert, Sr., LaGrange.

KICK RETURNERS-Steven Garza, Sr., Rockdale; Dominique Crawford, Sr., Giddings; Ryan Dominquez, Sr., Hutto.

CenTexSports
12-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Once again, this is an adult oriinated website to discuss the state of 3a football. If you want to hear good things only about your team, go to the weekly booster club meeting. I have not and will not ever put down a young person that tries his/her hardest to be the best they can be, but I will call a spsade a spade if it is a generallization about a program.

Don't take everything you read personnally, it is too short a life to let your feelings get hurt by people you don't know that well and who don't know you or care about you.

ILS1
12-22-2005, 07:31 PM
First Team All-District

Offense:

MVP-Brock Fitzhenry, So., Giddings; Jeremy Kerley, Jr., Hutto; Derek Evans, Sr., Cameron.

OFFENSIVE MVP-T.J. Ollivari, Sr., Cameron

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR-Austin Dodds, So., Rockdale

CENTER-Martin Berrera, Sr., Caldwell.

GUARDS-Lee Gonzales, Sr., Hutto; John Torres, Jr, Cameron; Cody Almquist, Sr., Hutto.

TIGHT END-Dan Drake, Sr., Rockdale; Kyle Reed, Jr., Hutto.

WIDE RECEIVERS-Kyle Knapp, Sr., Hutto; David Waters, Jr. Caldwell; Charles Hill, Sr., Smithville; Jared Hauk, Sr., Cameron, Joel Green, Sr., Giddings.

QUARTERBACK-Brian Scott, Jr., Cameron

RUNNING BACKS-Kevin McManus, Sr., Caldwell; Dominique Crawford, Sr., Giddings; Jerrick Gauthier, Sr. Hutto; Brandon Johnson, Jr., Giddings.

FULLBACK-Devane Jarmon, Jr., Giddings.

KICKER-Zach Marlow, Sr., Giddings.

Defense:

DEFENSIVE MVP-Austin January, Sr., Rockdale; Efrain Valverde, Sr., Cameron.

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR-Kerry Hyder, Fr., Manor.

NOSEGUARD-Tony Davis, Sr., Giddings.

TACKLES-Jordan Grayson, Sr., Rockdale; Josh Posas, Sr, Giddings; Cody Cantwell, Sr., Hutto; Luis Marquez, Jr., Cameron.

ENDS-Gary Randall, Sr., Rockdale; James Sommers, Jr., Manor;, David Requena, Jr., Caldwell; Andrew Holt, Sr., Cameron.

INSIDE LINEBACKERS- Jason Clemons, Jr., Giddings; Alan Dock, So., Giddings; Dylan Martinez, Jr., Hutto; Alex Wright, Jr., Cameron.

OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS-Kendrick Pinchback, Sr., Cameron; Tyler Supak, Sr., LaGrange; Matt Ofczarzak, Sr., Caldwell; Justin Ledbetter, Sr., Hutto.

CORNERBACKS-David Waters, Jr., Caldwell; Cody Daniels, So., LaGrange; Ryan Dominquez, Sr., Hutto; DeAndre Goss, Jr., Cameron.

SAFETIES-Dennis Brooks III, Jr., Rockdale; Kevin McManus, Sr., Caldwell; Brandon Johnson, Jr., Giddings; James Williams, Jr., Cameron.

PUNTER-Chris Siefert, Sr., LaGrange.

KICK RETURNERS-Steven Garza, Sr., Rockdale; Dominique Crawford, Sr., Giddings; Ryan Dominquez, Sr., Hutto.

On the offensive line,where are the picks for Tackles? I see the center and guards selection but no tackles? Just wondering or am I missing something?

:D

rockdale80
12-22-2005, 07:40 PM
TACKLES—Aaron Coker, Sr., Rockdale; Brandon Faske, Jr., Giddings; Wade McCullin, Jr., Cameron; Cody Almquist, Sr., Hutto; Matt Tomlinson, Jr., Hutto.

theyoefnshow
12-22-2005, 08:23 PM
lemme get this straight....Marcos Zarosky from Cameron gets first team ALL STATE but doesn't get it for all district? Interesting.....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Once again, this is an adult oriinated website to discuss the state of 3a football. If you want to hear good things only about your team, go to the weekly booster club meeting. I have not and will not ever put down a young person that tries his/her hardest to be the best they can be, but I will call a spsade a spade if it is a generallization about a program.

Don't take everything you read personnally, it is too short a life to let your feelings get hurt by people you don't know that well and who don't know you or care about you.

I think that you are misunderstanding what my posts are all about. I'm saying that it is shameful for an adult to criticize, encourage, and rejoice in a high school athletes failures, or to denounce the successes of an athlete.

I'm sorry I left off the tackles, I typed the entire thing out and I must have just missed it.

rockdale80
12-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Senior defensive end Austin January was named defensive player of the year and led a contingent of seven Rockdale Tigers on the first team of the District 19-3A all-district football squad.
 Joining January on the first team were fellow defenders Jordan Grayson, Gary Randall and Dennis Brooks.
 Offensively, senior tight end Dan Drake was a unanimous repeater on the first team along with hard nosed 265-pound senior tackle Aaron Coker.
 Sophomore tackle Austin Dodds was unanimously named the district’s newcomer of the year.
 Senior Steven Garza, who averaged almost 23 yards a return, was put on the first team as a kick returner.
 The versatile Garza was also named to the second team as a running back and linebacker.
 Joining Garza on the second team were quarterback D.J. Marek, wide recievers Casey Lane and Troyan Richardson, defensive tackle Julio Guzman and cornerback Russ Lightsey.
 The district chose a three-headed most valuable player with Hutto quarterback Jeremy Kerley, Giddings quarterback Brock Fitzhenry and Cameron jack-of-all-trades Derek Evans being tabbed for the honor.
 Kerley led the second-place Hippos to the Class 3A Division II state championship game where they lost to Tatum.
 Cameron Coach Mike Mullins was named the coach of the year after leading the Yoeman to the district championship.
 Hutto led the way with 21 all-district selections (12 first team), followed by Cameron’s 20 (12 first team) and Giddings’ 17 (12 first team).

Tougher than the rest
 The 6-foot-4-inch, 220-pound January proved to be a terror for opposing teams and registered 91 tackles this season, followed by Randall’s 87 stops and Grayson’s 82. Brooks logged 57 tackles and picked off a pair of passes.
 “I thought it would be hard for him to get an honor that high,” said Rockdale Coach Robby Clark of January. “ I thought he was one of the very best defenders in our district, but there were a lot of good players out there.
 “But, the other coaches respected his play enough to vote him most valuable player.
 “I don’t think anybody in our district dominated their position the way that he did,” Clark said.
 Grayson, Randall and Brooks were unanimous selections as opposing coaches took notice of the Tigers blue collar work ethic.
 “It’s a testament to our defense,” said Clark. “When we moved Gary to end early in the year, that solidified our defense. They were hard working guys and the rest of the coaches thought so too. They deserved it.”
 When the Tigers suffered some injuries in the interior line early in the season, the 5-10, 242-pound Dodds stepped right in despite being just a sophomore.
 “He just did an oustanding job for us,” Clark said. “I’m glad somebody took notice.”
 Dodds was no doubt influenced by the steady play of the senior Coker, who was a second-team selection last season.
 Used primarily as a blocker, the 6-foot-4, 220-pound Drake hauled in 16 passes for 250 yards and two touchdowns.
 “I thought he was as dominate a player at his position as January was at his,” Clark said. “For him to be a unanimous choice again is a great honor. He showed a lot of versatility for us this season. I wish there was something bigger for him than that. We’re going to miss that guy.”

As taken from the Rockdale Reporter online at www.rockdalereporter.com

Looks like all of the first teamers were unanimous selections. Correct me if I am wrong, but that means every coach in the district voted for them. Guess that means they did deserve their awards contrary to what anyone else says. :clap: :clap:

Milk That Cow
12-23-2005, 12:33 AM
It seems like it's a Hundred Guys on that list...

What happened to the time when All-District meant 11 Players on Offense and 11 Players on Defense???

And what's up with the 3 MVP's....

Seems like the coaches are wanting to please everybody...

I guess that's the "new" school way...

But, that's just my humble opinion...

rockdale80
12-23-2005, 12:40 AM
It seems like it's a Hundred Guys on that list...

What happened to the time when All-District meant 11 Players on Offense and 11 Players on Defense???

And what's up with the 3 MVP's....

Seems like the coaches are wanting to please everybody...

I guess that's the "new" school way...

But, that's just my humble opinion...

Well it is an 8 team district. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
And I don't see a single one of those 3 that doesn't deserve it.

Milk That Cow
12-23-2005, 12:50 AM
I agree that all three "deserved" MVP recognition....

But, I think only one should have received it...

Vince Young deserved Heisman recognition...

But, Reggie Bush was the one who received it...

rockdale80
12-23-2005, 01:02 AM
I agree that all three "deserved" MVP recognition....

But, I think only one should have received it...

Vince Young deserved Heisman recognition...

But, Reggie Bush was the one who received it...

Point taken. I wasn't there to vote. I am assuming the voting ended in a tie, because there is usually only one.

Old Tiger
12-23-2005, 02:22 AM
I think it should be like the all state, 5 linemen, 2 recievers, 2 runningbacks, 1 mvp, 1 defensive mvp, 1 offensive mvp, and 1 qb for offense. On defense 4 linemen, 3 linebackers, 4 DBs and then the kicker, punter, 1 punt returner and 2 kick returner

Two teams w/ that format, and put the rest in HM if they didn't make it.

TexasHSFootball
12-24-2005, 04:38 AM
Looking for the full list?
2005 All-District 19-3A Team (http://www.texashsfootball.com/news/alldistrict05/dist193a.htm)