PDA

View Full Version : Scout.com: UT tops recruiting list

3afan
12-18-2005, 02:05 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5107698

1. Texas
The Longhorns amazingly had 20 commitments by mid-June. The headliners include defensive ends Eddie Jones (Kilgore, Texas) and Brian Ellis (Grand Prairie, Texas), linebackers Sergio Kindle (Dallas, Texas) and Dustin Earnest (Texarkana, Texas), running back Vondrell McGee (Longview, Texas), cornerbacks Ken Beasley (Orange, Texas) and Chykie Brown (Galena Park, Texas), offensive tackle Ja'Marcus Webb (Mesquite, Texas), defensive tackle Lamarr Houston (Colorado Springs, Co.), wide receivers Phillip Payne (Garland, Texas) and Montre Webber (Hearne, Texas), and quarterback Sherrod Harris (Arlington, Texas). All of these prospects are ranked in the top 20 in their respective positions. This class got even better with the addition of Jevan Snead (Stepehville, Texas). Snead, the Scout.com No. 8 quarterback, had previously been committed to Florida. This is a super group headed to Austin and it's well balanced as well.

2. Georgia
3. Notre Dame
4. Pittsburgh
5. LSU
6. Florida
7. UCLA
8. Florida St.
9. Ohio St.
10. Michigan

AggieJohn
12-18-2005, 03:22 PM
yeah, the thing that is going to be interesting is if i remember it right texas had a ton of commitments last year early in the summer, and had to do his best to keep those in the longhorn camp.....he lost a few of those if i remember right...maybe KTJ can correct me...

ILS1
12-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Yeah,the one I remember was QB Ryan Perrilleaux (sp?) from Louisana. He talked like he was the the greatest QB in the entire history of football. And he always talked in the 3rd person?? LOL!!! He changed his committment at the last minute and went to LSU. He bragged he was gonna go in there and start right away and bring them a National Championship!! Well,I have not heard his name called all year. Heard he was complaining about not any playing time and starting to be a cancer to the team!! Whew!!! Thanks goodness he didn't come to the Horns after all!!! I think he knew with Vince Young coming back for this year that he wouldn't see the light of day!!!

:D

Old Tiger
12-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Hook 'Em

Txbroadcaster
12-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yeah, the thing that is going to be interesting is if i remember it right texas had a ton of commitments last year early in the summer, and had to do his best to keep those in the longhorn camp.....he lost a few of those if i remember right...maybe KTJ can correct me...

Texas did not have a TON of commitments last year because they only had a limited number of scolarships. And really Ryan was the only guy who commited fully then decommitted. Everyone else signed

Aesculus gilmus
12-19-2005, 09:16 AM
That's okay. It was too hard trying to spell his last name anyhow. I wonder what's left of his neighborhood or did he grow up on higher ground?

Phil C
12-19-2005, 10:33 AM
I agree it is premature in that the time to really review them is right after signing day because you get some unexpectedly and lose some unexpectedly.

injuredinmelee
12-19-2005, 01:06 PM

wasnt it the ags that had alot of decommitts??? UT only lost one

big daddy russ
12-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
wasnt it the ags that had alot of decommitts??? UT only lost one
The Ags didn't have any as far as I heard. I actually think UT lost two... Perriloux and a two-star commit. Losing those two didn't hurt the Horns by any means.

KTJ
12-19-2005, 03:37 PM

The only one we lost was RP and he's wasting away at LSU. (If he'd came to UT, he'd be starting next year should VY go to the NFL.)

There was Sanchez who committed to USC but he wasn't a "committ" to UT. We just looked at him hard. What's weird is that we are now getting into a few recruiting battles with USC. There were 2 or 3 last year, and about 4-5 this year. We did have a recruit sign with us after decommitting from Oklahoma. Sergio Kindle was in LA for a basketball tourney. While he did visit USC, he's stated numerous times that he's still a Longhorn. He even told the USC coaches and players that he's committed to Texas so leave him alone. :D

Phil C
12-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
The only one we lost was RP and he's wasting away at LSU. (If he'd came to UT, he'd be starting next year should VY go to the NFL.)

Sergio Kindle was in LA for a basketball tourney. While he did visit USC, he's stated numerous times that he's still a Longhorn. He even told the USC coaches and players that he's committed to Texas so leave him alone. :D

:D