PDA

View Full Version : What a difference a Year Makes!

PhiI C
11-26-2003, 11:51 PM
Last year Burnet and Sinton played the communities and schools were friendly rivals as the UIL wants. This year they are bitter enemies. At least that is the impression of the posts (I am also to blame for this as well as others). Last year after the game there was Cory's tragic injury and both communities worked on a common goal to help out the family with the finances. This year there will probably be much friction between the two communities and schools no matter what happens. If somehow Sinton wins Burnet will be upset because of the travel. If Burnet wins Sinton will probably be mad because they ran up the score or something else will come up. Let's hope it isn't another tragedy that brings the communities together. But I don't see things ever being the same between the community and schools like they were before this week. What a difference a year makes.

PhiI C
11-26-2003, 11:55 PM
Oh and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. But what a difference a year makes.

Ranger Mom
11-27-2003, 12:15 AM
That's really sad!! All this over, what is actually supposed to be a "game"!!

I thought we played games to have fun!!

I guess the Burnet poster was right, "I'll NEVER understand!! :rolleyes:

SintonFan
11-27-2003, 12:53 AM
PhiI C:
What a difference a year makes..
Phil C, I disagree with you about this thing going to last. I think the madness has run it's course. There will be friction between a few based on one or two person's posts here. But it should be limited to that. I've been impressed with many, many of the Burnet posters. There is alot of class in that town. Every town has a few bad apples and Sinton is no differenet. It hurts to see so much rumor go rampant on so much disinformation. Many of us were just defending our town's good name.(any else would have done the same) The Burnet folks were not happy about the site situation.(anyone else would have done the same, too) It spilled over to something that shouldn't have ever happened. I know how you feel Phil, but I know we all can get past it...

CentralTxFan
11-27-2003, 01:04 AM
I agree Sintonfan. I think it has come to a fine drizzle now. With a few exceptions, it seems to be pretty quiet on the downlow. Maybe it is the holiday but I am hoping it is the reality of "let's just play some football". As said earlier, sometimes we all tend to "speak" before we really think. I am quilty of this as well. These are 15 - 18 year old boys playing the game they love..they could care less where they play as long as they get to play. Hell, I bet they would have played on the side of a road somewhere if it meant they still got to play.
It's Thanksgiving so let's be thankful that we are still in the playoffs. There was a thread pertaining to just that very thing. I am grateful Burnet is still in it, and there are lots of you Sinton folks who feel the same way about Sinton.

I hope for an injury free game. God Bless to all and Happy Thanksgiving.

PhiI C
11-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Sinton Fan and Central I hope you are both right. We will see.

PhiI C
11-27-2003, 11:46 AM
Looking at the positive side at what a difference a year makes it was one year ago that I was recovering from cancer surgery and was unable to attend any of the Sinton playoffs even when it was in Corpus Christi against Hondo. This year I was blessed to go to Laredo to see the Sinton vs Zapata game. So there are some positive things this year. Please don't neglect you annual doctor checkups. It could save your life. I will be leaving soon to go to see some of the kinfolks for Thanksgiving Dinner.

poncho
11-27-2003, 11:48 AM
SintonFan:

PhiI C:
Phil C, I disagree with you about this thing going to last. I think the madness has run it's course. There will be friction between a few based on one or two person's posts here. But it should be limited to that. I've been impressed with many, many of the Burnet posters. There is alot of class in that town. Every town has a few bad apples and Sinton is no differenet. It hurts to see so much rumor go rampant on so much disinformation. Many of us were just defending our town's good name.(any else would have done the same) The Burnet folks were not happy about the site situation.(anyone else would have done the same, too) It spilled over to something that shouldn't have ever happened. I know how you feel Phil, but I know we all can get past it...This is not ment as a kiss up to Sintonfan or the Sinton community. I see a great deal of pride and respect coming from the Sinton side as well as the Burnet side. Battle it out, shake hands go home. :cool: :)

SintonFan
11-27-2003, 01:19 PM
poncho:

SintonFan:

PhiI C:
Phil C, I disagree with you about this thing going to last. I think the madness has run it's course. There will be friction between a few based on one or two person's posts here. But it should be limited to that. I've been impressed with many, many of the Burnet posters. There is alot of class in that town. Every town has a few bad apples and Sinton is no differenet. It hurts to see so much rumor go rampant on so much disinformation. Many of us were just defending our town's good name.(any else would have done the same) The Burnet folks were not happy about the site situation.(anyone else would have done the same, too) It spilled over to something that shouldn't have ever happened. I know how you feel Phil, but I know we all can get past it...This is not ment as a kiss up to Sintonfan or the Sinton community. I see a great deal of pride and respect coming from the Sinton side as well as the Burnet side. Battle it out, shake hands go home. :cool: :) Same here.
My whole take on handing out compliments is to give credit where credit is due. I try doing that while keeping a humble attitude about other towns. The only time I and others like 66 do get riled up is when there is injustices done. I speak for 66 because the man has defended many other towns who didn't have as many to defend themselves. We're are loyal to our town and to many of the others who we have made friendships right here on the low. It's Thanksgiving and a time to be thankful.
Phil, I forgot about your cancer fight. I'm thankful you have recovered because this place wouldn't be the same without you.
HOW BOUT THEM SPURS! WORLD CHAMPIONS!!! BEST SERIES... :cool:

<small>[ November 27, 2003, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

Old Dog
11-27-2003, 08:52 PM
Thanks Sinton Fan.....good common sense comments. I've tried to stay fairly clear of this discussion because I value the relation that has developed over the last year between many of the Sinton and Burnet posters.

I have benefited from the situation and don't mind admitting it. I really enjoy the posts from the Sinton fans. They have a vast amount of football knowledge and experience and will share it. A few of my Burnet commrades will think I'm kissing up to you, but I really could care less. Those posters who stick it out on this thread year round are the ones who are the back bone of the page, not those that post only when things are at their hottest!

olddawggreen
11-27-2003, 09:02 PM
Phil C, for some of us, things havent, changed at all. One of the main reasons i joined this site was to get a broader view of Texas 3a football. Its been a great site and Ive met a bunch of great people. I for one will still be here when the chips are down. Also, I want to say good luck with the cancer thing. I am a 20+ year cancer survivor myself, spent 7 1/2 weeks down at M. D. Anderson. The experience really gives you a different perspective about whats important in life. I dont sweat the small stuff too much any more. Really confirmed my belief that some one up above is looking after me. Any way, keep your faith and have a save trip to the game, maybe we will see you there.

<small>[ November 27, 2003, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

GlenRosePoster
11-27-2003, 09:45 PM
RangerMom, football is not just played for fun. Football is about having fun, but theres one main goal to any game that is played, and that is to win. It is completely understandable that these two schools would fight over such a thing because it could greatly influence the outcome of the game.

olddawggreen
11-29-2003, 12:20 AM
ttt

SintonFan
11-29-2003, 12:25 AM
Phil C went over and met Paintball. Phil is the nicest guy's ANYONE WILL ever meet. http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/contrib/fk/cool.gif

SINTON81
11-29-2003, 12:29 AM
SintonFan:
Phil C went over and met Paintball. Phil is the nicest guy's ANYONE WILL ever meet. http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/contrib/fk/cool.gifIs he still alive or should we send out a search party? :D :D :D

Phil C
11-29-2003, 09:50 PM
Thank you Sinton Fan. Paintball has strong opinions but he is still a nice person and it was nice meeting him and some of the Burnet folks. It helps to have faces and voices along with the written word on aol. Overall I have nothing but positive memories with the Burnet folks. I hope they can bring that state championship to region IV this year.