PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Congrats Hippos

TatumEagle '99
12-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Well I will say that is one of the best games I have ever seen. Both teams played with extreme heart and determination to win that game. Hutto, CONGRATULATIONS on an excellent season. You guys by far were one of the top 3 teams that Tatum has played all year as well should be in the State Game.(Sweetwatre was pretty good too guys) You guys have NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING to hang your heads about. I know it's easy to say that when you come up short, believe I was there when I was playing at Tatum. Either way you guys should be extremely proud of your team and your program. Tatum and Hutto played their hearts out on that field and while I was watching it I just couldnt get over how good Hutto was. In the end Tatum was just able to come up with the final play. It was fitting that the Tatum defense held to end that game, because the defense has been so strong all year.

That game could have gone either way, believe me I was there and Tatum was just lucky to have pulled it out. What can I say though, I am so proud that those of us from Tatum can finally sasy we have won a state championship. We have had too many talented teams that have just come up short. GREAT JOB Hutto and good luck next season. Hang your heads high because there was nothing wrong with that performance.

WAY TO GO TATUM!!!!

rockdale80
12-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by TatumEagle '99
Well I will say that is one of the best games I have ever seen. Both teams played with extreme heart and determination to win that game. Hutto, CONGRATULATIONS on an excellent season. You guys by far were one of the top 3 teams that Tatum has played all year as well should be in the State Game.(Sweetwatre was pretty good too guys) You guys have NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING to hang your heads about. I know it's easy to say that when you come up short, believe I was there when I was playing at Tatum. Either way you guys should be extremely proud of your team and your program. Tatum and Hutto played their hearts out on that field and while I was watching it I just couldnt get over how good Hutto was. In the end Tatum was just able to come up with the final play. It was fitting that the Tatum defense held to end that game, because the defense has been so strong all year.

That game could have gone either way, believe me I was there and Tatum was just lucky to have pulled it out. What can I say though, I am so proud that those of us from Tatum can finally sasy we have won a state championship. We have had too many talented teams that have just come up short. GREAT JOB Hutto and good luck next season. Hang your heads high because there was nothing wrong with that performance.

WAY TO GO TATUM!!!!

SWEETWATER IS MORE THAN PRETTY GOOD...

THEY ARE REALLY REALLY GOOD!!;)

TatumEagle '99
12-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Of course they are. I guess I should go back and change it to what I really mean't. I should have said it like this, Sweetwater is pretty DAMN good. That's really how I mean't it, not as a slight on Sweetwater . Believe me, I gave them a lot of props last week after our game with them. They impressed me an awful lot. This Hutto team was down right impressive as well though.

wildstangs
12-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Rockdale80...Whats your deal with Sweetwater? Are our fans to proud for your liking? I know I was really proud of the Mustangs this year. You dont think Rockdale fans would come out in large numbers if your team made the playoffs?

sinton66
12-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Don't wory about it TE99, that was a classy post. Congrats on the championship.

rockdale80
12-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Rockdale80...Whats your deal with Sweetwater? Are our fans to proud for your liking? I know I was really proud of the Mustangs this year. You dont think Rockdale fans would come out in large numbers if your team made the playoffs?

I said that they were REALLY REALLY GOOD! Is that not enough for you? :confused:

And after a certain point it isnt called Pride anymore. ;)

LewP
12-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs

Stangs.....
I know what you mean about Rocky Dale.....
I thought we were able to talk things out...but you know how kids are...they just keep on and keep on....not much maturity i don't think....

But hey...he works 60 hours a week and goes to school....seems like everytime I'm on here he is too. Don't know how he has enought time or energy to do it all AND dislike Sweetwater...but he does.

rockdale80
12-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by LewP
Stangs.....
I know what you mean about Rocky Dale.....
I thought we were able to talk things out...but you know how kids are...they just keep on and keep on....not much maturity i don't think....

But hey...he works 60 hours a week and goes to school....seems like everytime I'm on here he is too. Don't know how he has enought time or energy to do it all AND dislike Sweetwater...but he does.

No really Loopy I think Sweetwater is good and I have nothing against Sweetwater at all. It is you I don't like. Don't confuse the two.

rockdale80
12-17-2005, 11:37 PM
There is this time between semesters in college that is called Winter Break, and takes place right after finals.

LewP
12-17-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I said that they were REALLY REALLY GOOD! Is that not enough for you? :confused:

And after a certain point it isnt called Pride anymore. ;)

Your just jealous of the accomplishments of Sweetwater Rocky..

rockdale80
12-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Your just jealous of the accomplishments of Sweetwater Rocky..

I have said before Sweetwater had alot to be proud of. Some people(mainly you) go overboard with it to the point of annoying though.

LewP
12-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I have said before Sweetwater had alot to be proud of. Some people(mainly you) go overboard with it to the point of annoying though.

Too bad your annoyed Rocky...I'm still gonna talk up the Mustangs....not much you can do about that.

rockdale80
12-17-2005, 11:48 PM
Too bad your annoyed Rocky...I'm still gonna talk up the Mustangs....not much you can do about that.

You didnt like my present Loopy? It was just for you. Didnt mean to hurt your feelings. Here this should help.

TatumEagle '99
12-18-2005, 12:04 AM
Thanks for Highjacking my thread guys. Appreciate that.

rockdale80
12-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by TatumEagle '99
Thanks for Highjacking my thread guys. Appreciate that.

Sorry man. That was a classy post by the way.

football4life
12-18-2005, 12:19 AM
Yea lets refocus here fellas.....Great game to both teams. Congrats to Tatum on the title and congrats to Hutto on a great season.:clap: :clap:

PHS Wildcats
12-18-2005, 12:26 AM
:doh: It's funny when people congratulate a team the thread goes way off into left field. This is terrible. Wonderful Season Hutto :clap:

Kt0r
12-18-2005, 01:51 AM
For everyone that wasnt able to make it, you missed one hell of a game. I dont think I'll be forgetting the details of this one any time soon. That might have been the best $10 I ever spent.

Great job Hutto, good luck next year.

Old Tiger
12-18-2005, 04:15 AM
morons....Congrats Hutto way to represent D-19! I knew yall would do good since the way yall beat us. I haven't been beatin like that since Marlin beat us our soph. year.

sw_mustang_mom
12-18-2005, 11:19 AM
WOW!!!!:eek: What a game...listened to it on TSRN. Nailbiter right to the end...Congrats to Tatum. :clap: Awesome job Hutto!!!:cool: I sure wish that my Mustangs would have been there, though. :( Oh well, there's always next year..... :D I think it's pretty cool that our only losses this season were to last year's champions, and to this year's champions. Again...congrats to both teams...you deserved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

3afan
12-18-2005, 11:27 AM
on the radio it sounded fantastic ..... didnt really care who won.

Hippos may have the best unis in TX!

did they ever announce the attendance? I heard about 12K at Celina/OPP .....

ILS1
12-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Which broadcast did you listen to? I know the Rockdale station KRXT did one and so did 1300 The Zone which is out of Austin. The Zone is the Longhorn flag ship station. Craig Way did the play by play. Ironically,he called the 1st game of the year for the Hippos and the last game of the year. I listened and watched the 1st game he announced,he just does any excellent job in calling games. Makes you feel like you are right there (I was!! LOL!!). Couldn't listen to the State game because I was there live in person!!! Great job Hippos!!! Congrats Tatum!!!

:D

huttohippo54
12-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
on the radio it sounded fantastic ..... didnt really care who won.

Hippos may have the best unis in TX!

did they ever announce the attendance? I heard about 12K at Celina/OPP .....
YEA HUTTO DID GREAT AND THERE WAS A GREAT CROUD HUTTO COULD HAVE BEN CLEANED OUT BY ROBBERS

HUTTO GOT NEW UNIS ABOUT 5 YEARS AND AND THEY DO LOOK GOOD BUT THE OLD ONES WERE BETTER ALL BLACK WITH ORANGE NUMBERS AND WHITE OUT LINE WITH A BADASS HIPPO ON THE SIDE OF THE HELMENT

3afan
12-18-2005, 05:52 PM
somehow BADASS and HIPPO just dont go together!

Ranger Mom
12-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Congrats to Tatum AND Hutto...sounded like a great game.

I was at Tx Stadium for the SLC/Katy game...hubby wanted to watch Celina play, so we went to Mesquite.

After it was all said and done he said, "we should have just stayed at TX Stadium and watched the 3A game"!

GRRRRRR!!!!

MEN!!!:mad: :mad:

LewP
12-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Congrats to Tatum AND Hutto...sounded like a great game.

I was at Tx Stadium for the SLC/Katy game...hubby wanted to watch Celina play, so we went to Mesquite.

After it was all said and done he said, "we should have just stayed at TX Stadium and watched the 3A game"!

GRRRRRR!!!!

MEN!!!:mad: :mad:

That's why it's important to have a good woman to do the navigation!:D

Ranger Mom
12-18-2005, 07:00 PM
That's why it's important to have a good woman to do the navigation!:D

Haha...don't know how effective I was in that...we got lost leaving TX Stadium!

I WAS able to look at the road running opposite of us and tell him we were supposed to be over there going the opposite direction!!:p

HipposGitErDun
12-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Kt0r
For everyone that wasnt able to make it, you missed one hell of a game. I dont think I'll be forgetting the details of this one any time soon. That might have been the best $10 I ever spent.

Great job Hutto, good luck next year.
I agree on the best 10 bucks ever spent. Hutto played their hearts out,,, and we have a few "what ifs", but Tatum is VERY GOOD,, and VERY FAST,, We played very good on offense and defense,, believe me,,our D did not play bad,, they are just that fast and talented!

Tatum is deserving of the title as we played what everyone thought was the "best teams" on our way to the finals and none could compare to Tatum. They were fast and pretty big and had toughness.

We had our chances, but kinda ran out of time,,, and Tatum stepped up when they knew we had to pass.

Congrats to Tatum,, and THANK YOU Hutto Hippos for a great playoff ride!!!!!!!

TatumEagle '99
12-18-2005, 08:49 PM
HiiposGetERdone, Wow, thanks for the kind words. Your road to the finals was a long tough road against some very good teams and for you to give our team that much credit, all I can say is THANK YOU. Again, Hutto has a heck of a team and played one heck of a game. Too bad their had to be a loser because Hutto played nothing like that.

etbu
12-19-2005, 12:01 AM
You guys really have nothing to be ashamed about at all. Your community should be proud and they were as they had a ton of sponsers on the webcast Good job kids and parents that supported your town and team.:clap: