PDA

View Full Version : DFW Dominance Continues

Matthew328
12-17-2005, 06:04 PM
both 5A state champs and both 4A champs......runner up in 3A and one playing for a 2A title..

turbostud
12-17-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
both 5A state champs and both 4A champs......runner up in 3A and one playing for a 2A title..

Where is Old Cardinal? Bring back the DFW Dominance Coalition.:D

District303aPastPlayer
12-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Where is Old Cardinal? Bring back the DFW Dominance Coalition.:D

lets not...

Matthew328
12-17-2005, 06:08 PM
facts are facts!! LOL pretty obvious to me where the best football is played in the state

Cameron Crazy
12-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Great Job Dragons!!!

WOS87
12-17-2005, 06:13 PM

Don't forget Argyle.... runnerup in 2A Div 1

HighSchool Fan
12-17-2005, 06:13 PM
facts are facts!! LOL pretty obvious to me where the best football is played in the state

100% correct

kaorder1999
12-17-2005, 06:14 PM
yeah...dfw is good this year

Aesculus gilmus
12-17-2005, 06:15 PM
When did Gainesville become part of "D-FW"?

By this logic, I suppose you could have claimed Canton as well had they done better in Div II.

HighSchool Fan
12-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

By this logic, I suppose you could have claimed Canton as well had they done better in Div II.

Gainesville has always been considered as part of the DFW teams.

Matthew328
12-17-2005, 06:17 PM
I've pretty much always considered Gainesville a part of DFW....always play in a DFW district.....
I consider Canton east texas...I believe most from Gainesville also consider themselves DFW

sinton66
Their days are numbered, Matthew. There will come a day.;)

turbostud

Uh Oh, here we go.

kaorder1999
12-17-2005, 06:19 PM
ive also considered gainesville dfw....as does the dallas morning news....

LewP
12-17-2005, 06:32 PM
I've pretty much always considered Gainesville a part of DFW....always play in a DFW district.....
I consider Canton east texas...I believe most from Gainesville also consider themselves DFW

No offense Matthew...but I really don't consider Gainesville a metroplex team. The next ext north from Gainesville is Oklahoma.
They are a great program up there,, but I don't even consider Denton part of the metroplex, much less Gainesville.

HighSchool Fan
12-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by LewP
No offense Matthew...but I really don't consider Gainesville a metroplex team. The next ext north from Gainesville is Oklahoma.
They are a great program up there,, but I don't even consider Denton part of the metroplex, much less Gainesville.

the next exit north isn't Oklahoma, it's the XXX store at the river :D Gainesville is considered a DFW team

j_dog
12-17-2005, 06:38 PM
it is just a conspiracy! :D

turbostud
12-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
the next exit north isn't Oklahoma, it's the XXX store at the river :D Gainesville is considered a DFW team

Or the Outlet Malls that have mostly OU gear in them. Traitors. :D

KingRob
12-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Maybe the "Money Honey" is working! Anyone else check out the Hebron High web page. DANG!! Looks like a University!

Congrats Hawks!!

WOS87
12-17-2005, 06:58 PM
11 out of 18 Finalists in NE Texas

http://members.aol.com/cboehme/private/netexas.jpg

LewP
12-17-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
Maybe the "Money Honey" is working! Anyone else check out the Hebron High web page. DANG!! Looks like a University!

Congrats Hawks!!

Send us a link to it Rob.....

Thanks!

3afan
12-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by KingRob

Congrats Hawks!!

why not post the link?

WOS87
12-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Here it is...

Hebron High School Website (http://hhs.lisd.net/index.htm)

KTJ
12-17-2005, 07:54 PM

If you don't consider Denton part of the metroplex then something is wrong and you haven't been paying attention.

Aesculus gilmus
12-17-2005, 07:54 PM
I have heard this school identified as Lewisville Hebron and also Carrollton Hebron. Which is correct? I would think "lisd" means it is a part of the Lewisville ISD, but on the other hand, the address on this site locates it in Carrollton.

KTJ
12-17-2005, 07:58 PM
It's Lewisville Hebron but it's located in Carrollton. It's Lewisville ISD.

Another example....Pflugerville Connally. It's Pflugerville ISD but in the Austin city limits.

Cameron Crazy
12-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Your so smart KTJ...NOT!!!

KingRob
12-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Sorry, I tried to put the link in, but my son is spending the night at a friends (where is he?), and I have a couple of wines. :( :o

3afan
12-17-2005, 08:39 PM
where in Germany are you?

KingRob
12-17-2005, 08:42 PM
5 minutes away from Ramstein, the biggest we are Americans base over here.....I love it:inlove:

Even though I do miss Whataburger..yum..yummm!!!

3afan
12-17-2005, 08:44 PM
my mom was born in Edingen, on the Necker R. between Manheim & Heidelberg ..... FYI

Diboll_Lumberjackk
12-17-2005, 10:43 PM
Quote Matthew " Clearly shows where the best football is played in texas"

In response to that statement I say FOR this year :). Its true SLC is dominating year in and out but that is the only team. You cant say DFW is where the best football is played, clearly not. East Texas was the place a few years ago where "the best" played. Or some thought. Areas have there years but Texas in general has the best players in the Nation. :)

NewYorkYankee
12-17-2005, 10:57 PM
If a team is not IN Dallas or IN Fort Worth then they are not a DFW team they are just teams around the area....thats like saying WOS is a Houston team and the woodlands etc etc. nooo but they are smarter and classify themselves as "East Texas Football" .......ill agree however that North Texas Football this year is the shiznit...Peace out!!

3afan
12-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by NewYorkYankee
If a team is not IN Dallas or IN Fort Worth then they are not a DFW team they are just teams around the area...

you're nit picking ... the acronym DFW refers to the metropolitan area, not just the 2 cities of Dallas & FW

WOS87
12-17-2005, 11:20 PM
2nd year in a row that every single State Champ 1A through 5A was located north of I-10....

:doh:

turbostud
12-17-2005, 11:25 PM
I always thought the Metroplex included Dallas, Tarrant, Collin, and Denton counties but you also have to include cities just outside these counties as part of the Metroplex. Teams like Sherman, Denison, Midlothian and Waxahachie etc. are not in the 4 "Metroplex Counties" but are often put in districts that include the 4 "Metroplex Counties".

Matthew328
12-18-2005, 12:13 AM
I'd say there is a pattern of dominance not just this year....

2000 State Champs
5A Div 1: Midland Lee (West TX)
5A Div 2: Katy (Houston)
4A Div 1: Bay City (Houston)
4A Div 2: Stephenville (DFW)
3A Div 1: Gatesville (CenTex)
3A Div 2: LaGrange (CenTex)
2A Div 1: Sonora (West Texas)
2A Div 2: Celina (DFW)

2001 State Champs
5A Div 1: Mesquite (DFW)
5A Div 2: Lufkin (East TX)
4A Div 1: Denton Ryan (DFW)
4A Div 2: Ennis (DFW)
3A Div 1: Everman (DFW)
3A Div 2: Commerce (East TX)
2A Div 1: Blanco (Greater San Antonio)

2002 State Champs
5A Div 1: Converse Judson (Greater San Antonio)
5A Div 2: Southlake Carroll (DFW)
4A Div 1: Texarkana Texas High (East TX)
4A Div 2: Denton Ryan (DFW)
3A Div 1: Everman (DFW)
3A Div 2: Bandera (Greater San Antonio)
2A Div 1: Corrigan-Camden (East TX)
2A Div 2: Rosebudd-Lott (CenTex)

2003 State Champs
5A Div 1: Galena Park N Shore (Houston)
4A Div 1: North Crowley (DFW)
4A Div 2: LaMarque (Houston)
3A Div 1: Gainesville (DFW)
3A Div 2: Atlanta (East TX)
2A Div 1: San Augustine (East TX)
2A Div 2: Garrison (East TX)

2004 State Champs
5A Div 1: Tyler Lee (East TX)
4A Div 1: Ennis (DFW)
4A Div 2: Kilgore (East TX)
3A Div 1: Abilene Wylie (West TX)
3A Div 2: Gilmer (East TX)
2A Div 1: Boyd (DFW)
2A Div 2: Crawford (CenTex)

2005 State Champs
5A Div 1: Euless Trinity (DFW)
4A Div 1: Highland Park (DFW)
4A Div 2: Lewisville Hebron (DFW)
3A Div 1: Wimberley (CenTex)
3A Div 2: Tatum (East TX)
2A Div 1: Newton (Golden Triangle)

admitted this year was a great year for DFW...but in the past 5 years tallying the state titles...
DFW: 20 state titles
Houston: 5 state titles
East TX: 11 state titles
Central Texas: 5 state titles
Golden Triangle: 1 state title
Greater San Antonio: 3 state titles
West TX: 3 state titles

I'd say like I have said before the best football w/o question is played in DFW..more state titles and more often than not the title teams get their toughest tests within the DFW area even when DFW doesnt win it all they give teams that win it all their toughest tests in the playoffs more often than not...

Adidas410s
12-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Diboll_Lumberjackk
Quote Matthew " Clearly shows where the best football is played in texas"

In response to that statement I say FOR this year :). Its true SLC is dominating year in and out but that is the only team.

umm...let's see. HP has been a top 5 team pretty much every year since Randy Allen took over the program. Celina...if you don't know their story then you must have been living under a rock. Same with Pewitt. They have been a top 2A team for years. Plano, with the exception of a few years recently, has been a force in Texas football since they started playing! Everman has been a top team in 3A/4A since their run in the 4A playoffs in '99 that lead to their dominance of 3A (except for when they played Kennedale and Wylie). I can go on and on but it's always been A LOT more than just SLC in the Metroplex...especially in recent memory. Heck...let's be liberal with the DFW definition and throw Ennis in there too! ;)

Matthew328
12-18-2005, 12:23 AM
LOL yes all DFW has is SLC.....

KTJ
12-18-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by NewYorkYankee
If a team is not IN Dallas or IN Fort Worth then they are not a DFW team they are just teams around the area....thats like saying WOS is a Houston team and the woodlands etc etc. nooo but they are smarter and classify themselves as "East Texas Football" .......ill agree however that North Texas Football this year is the shiznit...Peace out!!

I like you because you're a Longhorn, but your analogies are a bit flawed in this situation.

Gainesville is to DFW as Cleveland, Hempstead, Texas City/La Marque, Sealy, or Liberty is to Houston. While it's not Houston proper, it's still the Houston metro area.

Gainesville isn't D/FW proper, but it's still lumped into that area...as is Decatur, Ennis, Greenville, Sherman/Denison, McKinney, Terrell, and Weatherford.

Matthew328
12-18-2005, 12:32 AM
by the way adidias we did beat Wylie once!!! Unlike Kennedale...LOL

interesting fact can you name the only other 3A team Everman lost to in their time in Class 3A???

slpybear the bullfan
12-18-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
I like you because you're a Longhorn, but your analogies are a bit flawed in this situation.

Gainesville is to DFW as Cleveland, Hempstead, Texas City/La Marque, Sealy, or Liberty is to Houston. While it's not Houston proper, it's still the Houston metro area.

Gainesville isn't D/FW proper, but it's still lumped into that area...as is Decatur, Ennis, Greenville, Sherman/Denison, McKinney, Terrell, and Weatherford.

AND BRIDGEPORT!!!!!!

Yes.... The DFW Dominance Coalition continues its work... under the radar screen... in dark, smokey rooms where THE deals are made and next year's events are manipulated.

Slpybear... Charter member, DFWDC. ;)

LewP
12-18-2005, 01:07 AM

interesting fact can you name the only other 3A team Everman lost to in their time in Class 3A???

Brownwood? 1978 I think..

WOS87
12-18-2005, 09:12 AM

Hmmm.... the other team would have to be
Waco Robinson who won 10-7 in 2000
Kennedale won 42-33 in 2002 and then again 30-16 in 2003
Abilene Wylie won 20-13 in 2000 and 25-24 in 2003

The only other losses on the field were to Lawton Eisenhower(Okla.) and to Ft Worth Eastern Hills, which later forfeited the win

3afan
12-18-2005, 09:30 AM
I'd say like I have said before the best football w/o question is played in DFW..more state titles and more often than not the title teams get their toughest tests within the DFW area even when DFW doesnt win it all they give teams that win it all their toughest tests in the playoffs more often than not...

my opinion on this is that just becaue the DFW area wins the most titles, its no way an indication that "best football w/o question is played in DFW".

its the same as if, say for example, Region III has more teams in the top 20 than any other team, that in no way indicates that Region III is the toughest region.

There is really no way to tell, but its fun listening to all the reasoning ...

IMO of course ...

Aesculus gilmus
12-18-2005, 09:32 AM
Gainesville is not in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area.

Gilmer actually is in a metropolitan area consisting of Gregg (Longview), Rusk and Upshur counties, but you don't hear the Buckeyes called a "Longview team."

Also, I think it would be interesting to calculate this on a per capita basis. D-FW, if you extend it all the way to the Oklahoma border and even if you do not, has a MUCH GREATER student population than does even the most expansive definition of East Texas.

Carrying this further, it would probably be true that depopulated West Texas, even by winning one or two titles, would be equivalent on a per student basis to winning a dozen titles in the D-FW area.

HighSchool Fan
12-18-2005, 09:38 AM

take a look at the polls in the dallas morning news and ft worth star telegram. Gainesville is listed in all of there DFW polls, therefore they are considered to be a DFW team.

3afan
12-18-2005, 09:45 AM

The DFW area is a generalization, we do NOT use the strictly defined SMSA metropolitan areas ... good grief!!!!!

According to the Cencus Bureau the DFW SMSA is define as:
1920 Dallas-Fort Worth, TX SMSA
1920 48085 Collin County
1920 48113 Dallas County
1920 48121 Denton County
1920 48139 Ellis County
1920 48221 Hood County
1920 48251 Johnson County
1920 48257 Kaufman County
1920 48367 Parker County
1920 48397 Rockwall County
1920 48439 Tarrant County
1920 48497 Wise County

But to DFW HS sports fans the DFW area extends beyond those counties, and like HighSchool Fans says, if the DMN covers them then they are DFW!

Hupernikomen
12-18-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

Cleveland and Liberty are not Houston metro. Cleveland is 45 mins. north of Houston with pine trees and cows everywhere. Nothing metro about it. Just because you can drive into Houston within an hours time doesn't make you metro. Not much of a metro feel here in Liberty county. Maybe it is just symantics, we might be greater-Houston area but I wouldn't exactly call it metro here.

3afan
12-18-2005, 10:05 AM
so does that mean there are no metrosexuals in Cleveland/Liberty? :p

metrosexual (plural metrosexuals)
1. A young man concerned with self-image, self-indulgence and money.(Usually urban, heterosexual, probably affluent).
2. A young man who is seen, sociologically, as having attributes common to homosexuals, but is in fact heterosexual.

Matthew328
12-18-2005, 03:24 PM
Per capita blah blah....plain and simple the best teams come from DFW....the championships speak for itself......title teams to me means best football.....and where do the titles come from?? Houston has just as large if not a larger populous than DFW and they are getting blown away by the metroplex.....even if you don't count Gainesville that is still 19 titles in 5 years....

I will say this per capita East Texas produces more Div 1 prospects than anywhere else....but the top teams and top competition year in and out is in DFW....facts are facts check the rings...

LewP
12-19-2005, 01:21 AM
Ten area schools take state football titles

11:34 PM CST on Sunday, December 18, 2005
By TIM MacMAHON / The Dallas Morning News

The area has never enjoyed a more successful high school football season than 2005.

Ten area schools – five public and five private – achieved their ultimate goal. Seven of those squads finished undefeated, from Class 5A Southlake Carroll to Southwest Preparatory Conference Division II Irving Cistercian.

"This is what every high school football player dreams about," Celina defensive lineman Cody Tomplait said after his 16-0 team capped the area's state-title spree with a 28-12 win over Omaha Paul Pewitt on Saturday night.

Local teams swept the 5A and 4A titles, something no other quartet from the same area had accomplished since 4A adopted the two-division format in 1996. There was also an area sweep of the four TAPPS 11-man divisions, which last happened when local schools did it in 1993.

The champions from the area came in all sorts of sizes and styles, with a variety of storylines.

There were perennial powers. Celina tied Brownwood and Plano for the most state championships with seven after cruising to the 2A Division II crown. Southlake Carroll won 5A Division II for the third time in four seasons to claim the program's sixth state title. Arlington Grace Prep earned its fourth state title in eight seasons by winning TAPPS 4A Division II.

And there were fresh faces. Hebron, a program in its sixth season, had never advanced past the second round before its run to the 4A Division II championship. Euless Trinity (5A Division I) and Plano Prestonwood (TAPPS Division III) also won state titles for the first time.

Highland Park ended a 48-year title drought. Carroll and TAPPS Division I champion Fort Worth Nolan defended titles. Carroll actually defended two, repeating as mythical national champions.

Several area champions set records. Celina (803) and Carroll (764) scored more points than any previous team in 2A and 5A, respectively. Highland Park's 59-0 rout of Marshall was the biggest blowout in UIL state championship game history.

That performance vaulted Highland Park into the National Prep Football Poll at No. 21. Carroll and Highland Park are one of four pairs of teams in the poll within 75 miles of each other.

A strong argument could be made that the best high school football in the country was played in these parts this season. There is no questioning the area's dominance in the state.

Staff Writer David Hinojosa contributed to this report.

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2005, 01:55 AM
Per capita blah blah....plain and simple the best teams come from DFW....the championships speak for itself......title teams to me means best football.....and where do the titles come from?? Houston has just as large if not a larger populous than DFW and they are getting blown away by the metroplex.....even if you don't count Gainesville that is still 19 titles in 5 years....

I will say this per capita East Texas produces more Div 1 prospects than anywhere else....but the top teams and top competition year in and out is in DFW....facts are facts check the rings...

Is DFW the best region or a region with a few dominant teams?

of the 20 titles from DFW 10 titles came from 4 schools...In East Texas of the 11 titles in that time frame They are from 11 diff schools.

To me that shows a tougher area from top to bottom

Adidas410s
12-19-2005, 03:05 AM

yeah that 37-0 beat down wasn't really a game...

I guess it would be Lawton Eisenhower.

footsball
12-19-2005, 10:25 AM

if you can count gainsville, denton and all the rest that are 3 hours drive then houston can count east texas and central texas and south texas, so maybe you should recount. :D :D and we'll take west texas while we are at it:thinking:

LewP
12-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by footsball
if you can count gainsville, denton and all the rest that are 3 hours drive then houston can count east texas and central texas and south texas, so maybe you should recount. :D :D and we'll take west texas while we are at it:thinking:

Actually, Denton is only 30 minutes up I-35 from Fort Worth....

footsball
12-19-2005, 10:41 AM
Actually, Denton is only 30 minutes up I-35 from Fort Worth....
:thinking: lets see, if you drive 5 mph ( like all you in dfw drive )then it would take 6 hours to get there not 30 min:eek: :D

pirate4state
12-19-2005, 10:44 AM
just thought I'd chime in: blah, blah, blah....:D :p :D

Hupernikomen
12-19-2005, 12:32 PM

2003 State Champs
5A Div 1: Galena Park N Shore (Houston)
4A Div 1: North Crowley (DFW)
4A Div 2: LaMarque (Houston)
3A Div 1: Gainesville (DFW)
3A Div 2: Atlanta (East TX)
2A Div 1: San Augustine (East TX)
2A Div 2: Garrison (East TX)

Funny you didn't any brags after this year. The next year wasn't any better for DWF. Granted DFW has a good year this year. East TX let us down. Kilgore, Longview, and Lufkin didn't come through. But hey there is always next year.

You take any 2 DFW teams and combine them and I will beat money that that 2003 N. Shore team would stomp a whole right through them.

KTJ
12-19-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Cleveland and Liberty are not Houston metro. Cleveland is 45 mins. north of Houston with pine trees and cows everywhere. Nothing metro about it. Just because you can drive into Houston within an hours time doesn't make you metro. Not much of a metro feel here in Liberty county. Maybe it is just symantics, we might be greater-Houston area but I wouldn't exactly call it metro here.

Calling it greater Houston or greater D/FW is still lumping said city into whichever area. Which takes us back to the original argument that Gainesville is part of the DFW area.

3afan
12-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
... 2003 N. Shore team....

they deserved the Mythical NC that year!

HighSchool Fan
12-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
they deserved the Mythical NC that year!

did you forget about Gainesville's team that year :D :D

Phantom Stang
12-19-2005, 02:24 PM
The Metroplex has 62 teams in 5A, as well as 42 teams in 4A.