PDA

View Full Version : Another Big Ranger Name could be gone

eagles_victory
12-17-2005, 01:22 AM
Soriano already traded. The latest rumor Mark Texieria for Barry Zito.

LewP
12-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

I thought Tex was untouchable.

football4life
12-17-2005, 01:24 AM
whaaaat! cmon. i'm all about bringin in some pitchers, but Tex? Thats just too far!

Whsdogs
12-17-2005, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by football4life
whaaaat! cmon. i'm all about bringin in some pitchers, but Tex? Thats just too far!

i agree!!! this guy is to young and to good to trade away..he fits the ranger mold perfect...he works hard and is a great player...dont do it if you know whats good for you!!!

Manck
12-17-2005, 01:48 AM
Remember how much his salary will/should be in a couple of years.

Remember that Scott Boras is his agent.

Love the kid, but Adrian Gonzalez may wind up being a starting first baseman quicker than you'd think.

Cameron Crazy
12-17-2005, 05:38 PM
i saw something about Clemens maybe coming to the Rangers is that true?

3afan
12-17-2005, 05:39 PM
geez I hope not

Pmoney
12-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
i saw something about Clemens maybe coming to the Rangers is that true?
theres a chance but its a low chance

gobbler grad
12-17-2005, 05:43 PM

they ought to really be awful next year...:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
12-17-2005, 05:50 PM

They better get more than Zito for Texiera

Adidas410s
12-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
They better get more than Zito for Texiera

yeah give them cordero and we get street! :D

VWG
12-17-2005, 09:46 PM
I would trade Texiera in a heartbeat.... as long as you get a solid, premier pitcher AND a player that could fill in for the future.
A. Gonzalez is a good hitter, nothing like Texiera, but could hold down 1st base easily. The Rangers have got to get pitching.
Look at the Astros. Think they made the World Series with that offensive juggernaut? What did the Yankees need last year?
Pitching, Pitching, Pitching.... trade Tex now for pitching.

football4life
12-18-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by VWG
I would trade Texiera in a heartbeat.... as long as you get a solid, premier pitcher AND a player that could fill in for the future.
A. Gonzalez is a good hitter, nothing like Texiera, but could hold down 1st base easily. The Rangers have got to get pitching.
Look at the Astros. Think they made the World Series with that offensive juggernaut? What did the Yankees need last year?
Pitching, Pitching, Pitching.... trade Tex now for pitching.

Good argument. I had completely forgotten about Mr. Gonzalez, who definitely is a legit bat in the lineup. And i was also quick to jump the gun considering another prior post concerning how much money he will make one day. Sooo i think i will reverse my opinion, and say, go ahead, but you better get something freakin good in return!

slpybear the bullfan
12-18-2005, 12:56 AM
I too would pull the trigger if it netted a shot in the arm for the pitching staff.

Tex is a heck of a player and one I would love to keep.

Except, he has the ANTICHRIST as his manager.

tsk, tsk...

Whsdogs
12-18-2005, 01:10 AM
If they do trade tex they better get someone legit...cause im not havin that chan ho park business again!

Wildcat81
12-18-2005, 09:04 AM
Astros: Roger Clemens would consider pitching for four teams if he decides to pitch in 2006 -- the Red Sox, the Astros, the Yankees and the Rangers -- but he said he hasn't made up his mind as far as whether he would play or retire.

He also said his decision regarding whether he would pitch next sesaon would come in late January or early February.

Meanwhile, the Astros continued their pursuit of free agent Nomar Garciaparra.

3afan
12-18-2005, 09:07 AM
he will pick the most $ - thats what he's all about