PDA

View Full Version : Jimmie Johnson coming back to coach football.

Cameron Crazy
12-16-2005, 11:19 PM
Thats crazy the dude is old and to old to coach they cowboys plus he would get to tired coaching them...maybe he can be there punter/kicker

Cameron Crazy
12-16-2005, 11:20 PM
and im not really sure if he is gonna come coach the cowboys most likely not but just thought that one would be good..

oh well
12-16-2005, 11:20 PM
where

Cameron Crazy
12-16-2005, 11:28 PM
no clue just heard about it

Whsdogs
12-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Johnson is not to old...Vermeil...maybe lol:p

sinton66
12-16-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Thats crazy the dude is old and to old to coach they cowboys plus he would get to tired coaching them...maybe he can be there punter/kicker

Man, are you making this stuff up as you go along?

mustang04
12-16-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

haha...nah, we just accidentally caught him rehearsing it haha:clap:

football4life
12-16-2005, 11:59 PM

Have wondered this myself....:thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
12-17-2005, 12:09 AM
what you heard is that he refused the Texans offer for bein their yet to be vacated GM and HC

sinton66
12-17-2005, 12:10 AM
Jimmy would be the best thing that ever happened to houston, too bad he isn't interested.

Whsdogs
12-17-2005, 12:12 AM
Jimmy would be the best thing that ever happened to houston, too bad he isn't interested.

aint that the truth...he would help that team so much with his experience and knowledge...look what he did to the cowboys and the dolphins

football4life
12-17-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
aint that the truth...he would help that team so much with his experience and knowledge...look what he did to the cowboys and the dolphins

yea then he screwed us and left us with the likes of switzer, and gailey and the other losers who were before the parcells era. (Although we did have some success with switzer, i was really too young)

Whsdogs
12-17-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by football4life
yea then he screwed us and left us with the likes of switzer, and gailey and the other losers who were before the parcells era. (Although we did have some success with switzer, i was really too young)

went to the playoffs with switzer and was ousted by minnesota i think first round..not real sure either but didnt he like bring a gun on a plane or somethin...if that tell you how smart these guys were haha...

oh and you left out the little short guy ummm...dang i forget his name but he was the old defensive guy..anyways he didnt do anything either lol

football4life
12-17-2005, 12:22 AM
went to the playoffs with switzer and was ousted by minnesota i think first round..not real sure either but didnt he like bring a gun on a plane or somethin...if that tell you how smart these guys were haha...

oh and you left out the little short guy ummm...dang i forget his name but he was the old defensive guy..anyways he didnt do anything either lol

nevertheless, its been a rough go until a couple years ago. Big game this week though, make or break a playoff run for sure.

District303aPastPlayer
12-17-2005, 12:23 AM

campo?

Whsdogs
12-17-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
campo?

yahh gah i cant believe i forgot his name...im an idiot lol

District303aPastPlayer
12-17-2005, 12:30 AM
im not even a cowboys fan

Whsdogs
12-17-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
im not even a cowboys fan

yah yah rub it in...well i am...people can forget names dang back off lol jk

football4life
12-17-2005, 01:27 AM
We really try to forget those who fall into the ranks of dave campo and chan gailey. They really didn't fare too well, and i really don't want to think about them and their tenure.

LewP
12-17-2005, 01:29 AM

Houston my eye..he would be the best thing for Dallas...lolol

Da Mules
12-17-2005, 09:46 AM
why are you blaming Dave Campo and Chan Gailey.. the problem with that team WAS AND IS ol glad-handing egotist Smiley Jones.

HighSchool Fan
12-17-2005, 09:59 AM

he isn't from sweetwater is he??

HighSchool Fan
12-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by football4life
We really try to forget those who fall into the ranks of dave campo and chan gailey. They really didn't fare too well, and i really don't want to think about them and their tenure.

Chan Gailey was never given a chance. i'm pretty sure that he is the only coach in Cowboy History to never have a losing season.

mrescape43
12-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Da Mules
why are you blaming Dave Campo and Chan Gailey.. the problem with that team WAS AND IS ol glad-handing egotist Smiley Jones.

That is the truth. Jones let Johnson go after winning 2 consecutive superbowls. Switzer won 1 superbowl riding on the coattails of the terrific team that Johnson had put together.

After Jones pulled this stunt I think it would be funny if he never again had a winning season. He is such an A**!

S-WtrMustangFan
12-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
why are you blaming Dave Campo and Chan Gailey.. the problem with that team WAS AND IS ol glad-handing egotist Smiley Jones. I agree !!!

Whsdogs
12-17-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
That is the truth. Jones let Johnson go after winning 2 consecutive superbowls. Switzer won 1 superbowl riding on the coattails of the terrific team that Johnson had put together.

After Jones pulled this stunt I think it would be funny if he never again had a winning season. He is such an A**!

i seriously dont like Jones...and i agree with you lol

West22
12-17-2005, 09:44 PM
JUST TO SET THE RECORD STRAIT THE TEAM THAT SWITZER WON THE SUPER BOWL WITH HAD ONLY HALF OF THE PLAYERS THAT JOHNSON WON WITH .THEY HAD ALL LEFT AFTER JOHNSON WAS THERE FOR MORE MONEY SINCE 4 PLAYERS WERE GETTING PAID A LOT OF MONEY AND THEY HAD SALERY CAP. THAT LIMITED WHAT THEY COLD PAY TO THE OTHER PLAYERS .SEVERAL ALL PROS HAD MOVED ON .

LewP
12-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by West22
JUST TO SET THE RECORD STRAIT THE TEAM THAT SWITZER WON THE SUPER BOWL WITH HAD ONLY HALF OF THE PLAYERS THAT JOHNSON WON WITH .THEY HAD ALL LEFT AFTER JOHNSON WAS THERE FOR MORE MONEY SINCE 4 PLAYERS WERE GETTING PAID A LOT OF MONEY AND THEY HAD SALERY CAP. THAT LIMITED WHAT THEY COLD PAY TO THE OTHER PLAYERS .SEVERAL ALL PROS HAD MOVED ON .

If that were the case then why didn't the Cowboys win the 2nd year Switzer was there if he was so good the first time around?

Bottom line is Sweetwater Red could have taken that Cowboys team that Jimmy left behind to the Super Bowl.....

slpybear the bullfan
12-18-2005, 01:10 AM
Guys...

In his first year as head coach, 1994, Switzer "inherited" Jimmy's team and made it all the way to the NFC championship game before losing to the 49ers.

In his second year, Switzer won a superbowl.

And no... IMHO I don't think that you can just do that coasting on the coattails of a former coach. You still have to coach 'em and the players gotta play 'em. I hated Switzer as a coach... but I will give hi his due.

You can complain about Jones all you want... but most of us Cowboys fans recognize what a HUGE plus he has been for the franchise... and not just hate on him because he is perceived as the SOLE reason for all of the bad things players, coaches, and office folks have done for the boys. Kinda like president of the US... no credit but all the blame. Sure he has made his mistakes. But give him credit for making the BOYS what they were in the 90s... and maybe again in the 00's.

Biggest thing he ever did to impress me? Admit he wasn't good at directing his coaches and hire Bill Parcells.

As a fan, I would love to have a guy like Jones as the Rangers Owner!!!

LewP
12-18-2005, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Guys...

In his first year as head coach, 1994, Switzer "inherited" Jimmy's team and made it all the way to the NFC championship game before losing to the 49ers.

In his second year, Switzer won a superbowl.

And no... IMHO I don't think that you can just do that coasting on the coattails of a former coach. You still have to coach 'em and the players gotta play 'em. I hated Switzer as a coach... but I will give hi his due.

You can complain about Jones all you want... but most of us Cowboys fans recognize what a HUGE plus he has been for the franchise... and not just hate on him because he is perceived as the SOLE reason for all of the bad things players, coaches, and office folks have done for the boys. Kinda like president of the US... no credit but all the blame. Sure he has made his mistakes. But give him credit for making the BOYS what they were in the 90s... and maybe again in the 00's.

Biggest thing he ever did to impress me? Admit he wasn't good at directing his coaches and hire Bill Parcells.

As a fan, I would love to have a guy like Jones as the Rangers Owner!!!

Bear, I think the difference between Jerry Jones and the Rangers owner is, Jerry Jones wants to win, while the other guy just wants to put fans in the seats to collect the money. Over 2 and a half million fans saw the Rangers last year. And what did we get? An increase in ticket prices.
At least Jones trys to have a winner..not just run the Cowboys like a business.

slpybear the bullfan
12-18-2005, 01:27 AM
That's a big 10-4, LewP.

I think Jerry Jones is a great owner, lousy coach, has learned his lesson, and get's blamed for everything and credit for not much of anything.

I think Tom Hicks is a good businessman, lousy owner, greedy bastard, and has worn out his welcome.

Last season he had a payroll of under $60. The collective agreement that all MLB teams participate in for the TV rights paid each team $42MM. One of Mr. Hicks comments when asked about payroll last season was. (I paraphrase).. "I think our payroll is right for our market in the DFW area. If we want to have a bigger payroll, then we will have to get more fans out to the ballpark."

AAARRRRggggggHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT?! You were handed 42M of your 56MM payroll. The ticket sales, parking sales, concession sales, etc. can easily make up the difference, pay all the front office junk and still have room for more payroll. If not, then Mr. Hicks is a terrible businessman. And his comment is that if the Rangers need a bigger payroll, then fans in this market have to come out in bigger numbers to pay for it?

AAAARRRRgggggHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

slpybear, the jaded Rangers Fan.