PDA

View Full Version : Interesting year in 3A football

Hupernikomen
12-16-2005, 03:53 PM
One by one all the big name teams bowed out as the playoffs progressed. Left standing were Wimberly as Div. I champs and Hutto/Tatum in Div. II. It just goes to show you that in high school football it is settled between the white lines by courageous young men not by pollsters and newspaper articles.
Tatum brings a lot of tradition to the championship game (they were good enough to make the finals almost any other year with their team last year, but ran into the Gilmer buzzsaw), but you have got to be proud for the Hutto Hippos making it to the finals and the Wimberly kids for an outstanding season. Great season for us fans to follow.

Iowa Park alum
12-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Most of us here will agree...the 3A classification is where it's happening. Year end and year out...

KingRob
12-16-2005, 04:05 PM
It certainly was an exciting year, and I cannot believe it's over. :(

Seems like the countdown to week zero was a couple of weeks ago...

jmcgee
12-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
It certainly was an exciting year, and I cannot believe it's over. :(

Seems like the countdown to week zero was a couple of weeks ago... Same here.

lostaussie
12-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Gilmer buzzsaw. i like that. i wish they had gotten a chance to play us again this year. but oh well. that why you play them one at a time.

football4life
12-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Yea what a great year for a lot of teams. Couldn't have asked for much more out of my senior season. It's been fun, can't wait to cheer on my school next year and keep up the fun on the DL. Gonna be another long offseason....:doh:

Hupernikomen
12-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Well if my favorite team(s) can't win it, I enjoy some fresh faces in the finals.

Kt0r
12-16-2005, 07:49 PM
It looks like theres a good chance that Tatum might drop to 2A next year, so it might be a while before we get to play the great 3A schools again.:(