PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone on the board dog Cuero...

gobbler84
12-16-2005, 03:35 PM
I mean tell me please...I can't seem to figure it out? Is it because we work our a$$e$ off during the pre-season to get where we are, or do people just hate our tradition!! Us Gobblers beat teams year in and year out but everytime we beat a team we congratulate them on a great season and no crap is talked about them! But Cuero messes up one time, has a bad game, or they just meet a team that was more dominant than them, and people jump our a$$e$ like there is no tommorrow!! I mean throughout this season its not us talking, it's fans! Diehard Gobbler fans! You get on the board to read peoples predictions and what's going on around the state, but all I ever see is Cuero is over rated, Cuero thinks they can't lose! I went into every game this season looking at it as my last, I played my a$$ of in every last one of them! If this is the Dog Cuero Downlow, then ban me now cause I want no part in it!!

District303aPastPlayer
12-16-2005, 03:36 PM
KJeezy... breathe and relax

3afan
12-16-2005, 03:37 PM
its just a few knotheads ... dont sweat it

eagles_victory
12-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Look at all the posters that are downing Cuero most have a very low post count. In my opinion Cuero is the favorite team on this board. Don't worry about what people say be proud of your season.

hutex04
12-16-2005, 03:42 PM
dude, we had to deal with that for a week with your fans and supporting fans about our team. Yall are a traditional power. People will have pe**s envy of you. Dont take them personal

44INAROW
12-16-2005, 03:43 PM
KJ - you know who loves you guys......... Jealousy breeds envy. Ignore the fools, that's what I do - I guarantee you, there are plenty of people out there that WISH they were a part of a program like Cuero's. :)

Bullaholic
12-16-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
I mean tell me please...I can't seem to figure it out? Is it because we work our a$$e$ off during the pre-season to get where we are, or do people just hate our tradition!! Us Gobblers beat teams year in and year out but everytime we beat a team we congratulate them on a great season and no crap is talked about them! But Cuero messes up one time, has a bad game, or they just meet a team that was more dominant than them, and people jump our a$$e$ like there is no tommorrow!! I mean throughout this season its not us talking, it's fans! Diehard Gobbler fans! You get on the board to read peoples predictions and what's going on around the state, but all I ever see is Cuero is over rated, Cuero thinks they can't lose! I went into every game this season looking at it as my last, I played my a$$ of in every last one of them! If this is the Dog Cuero Downlow, then ban me now cause I want no part in it!!

Well Gobbler84, sorry you have come away with a bad impression of some posters. I think that is the key---6 or so negative Cuero posters does not a board make. I think Cuero is catching a greater degree of criticism from some because expectations for the 2005 team were so high because of the almost year-long #1 rating in the polls and undefeated record going into the playoffs. I think what you are seeing is more "disappointment" rather than "dogging". I think if you look at a lot of threads from teams who fell short of bringing home the state title (Sweetwater 05' or Decatur 04'), you will find a similar degree of "dogging". I think this is a temporary condition that will go away---not saying it is right---but if you "back off" and look objectively you will find Cuero is not the only team who suffers this treatment each year.

KingRob
12-16-2005, 04:02 PM
If I remember correctly, there were a few posters who dogged Cuero early in the season. On another board I read someone fm Bellville slamming not only our football team, but Cuero itself. I think he said something about not having nothing else to do in Cuero, but play ball. This coming from someone in the big old city of Bellville!! This is the perfect time for jealous people to slam Cuero. A 36-4 record for the past three seasons is not something easily accomplished and some teams/towns will never, and I mean never experience it. A lot of people are proud of y'all and next year we're gonna kick butt again, and the year after....and the year after....again, and again....

CHILLAX:cool:

jmcgee
12-16-2005, 04:04 PM
I mean tell me please...I can't seem to figure it out? Is it because we work our a$$e$ off during the pre-season to get where we are, or do people just hate our tradition!! Us Gobblers beat teams year in and year out but everytime we beat a team we congratulate them on a great season and no crap is talked about them! But Cuero messes up one time, has a bad game, or they just meet a team that was more dominant than them, and people jump our a$$e$ like there is no tommorrow!! I mean throughout this season its not us talking, it's fans! Diehard Gobbler fans! You get on the board to read peoples predictions and what's going on around the state, but all I ever see is Cuero is over rated, Cuero thinks they can't lose! I went into every game this season looking at it as my last, I played my a$$ of in every last one of them! If this is the Dog Cuero Downlow, then ban me now cause I want no part in it!! No hate from Sweetwater.

44INAROW
12-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee
No hate from Sweetwater.

I think I can say with 99.99999% certainty, that there is a mutual respect between Cuero and Sweetwater :)

3afan
12-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
... This coming from someone in the big old city of Bellville!!

the thing is - you dont really know WHERE most of these folks are from .. its just not worth getting upset over anything you read here ....

LewP
12-16-2005, 04:10 PM
I have never dogged Cuero...fyi..

http://blogs.scripps.com/abil/Sweetwater/Pony1.jpg

rockdale80
12-16-2005, 04:18 PM

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

keenoace
12-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Because they are a bunch of TURKEY'S!!!:evillaugh

keenoace
12-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I think I can say with 99.99999% certainty, that there is a mutual respect between Cuero and Sweetwater :)

Wait until you play and beat em'!! All respect is lost!!

rockdale80
12-16-2005, 05:17 PM
I am not sure why it matters what anyone else thinks. If you think what you have done is worth being proud of, then be proud of it. You made it to week 15, and have had a nice program going for a few years now so why does it matter what anyone thinks?

Sweetwater Red
12-16-2005, 05:25 PM

The only ones dogging Cuero support teams that Cuero
hammered on in the past.

Whsdogs
12-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Support given from wylie!

mustang04
12-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
Support given from wylie!

.........thats not saying much.......hehe:D

CHS_CG
12-16-2005, 07:46 PM
KJ, yall know you worked your butts off, and everybody who supports you know yall worked your butts off.. I wouldnt trip off of a few jokers we have on here! Keep you head up and get ready for next season!

S-WtrMustangFan
12-16-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Look at all the posters that are downing Cuero most have a very low post count. In my opinion Cuero is the favorite team on this board. Don't worry about what people say be proud of your season. I Never have doged Cuero.But to say Cuero is the the favorite team on this board is a little pushing it.I've seen a whole lot of Mustang fans that will disagree with you.I know you said that was your opinion so im just giving you mine.Good luck next year.

SintonFan
12-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by S-WtrMustangFan
I Never have doged Cuero.But to say Cuero is the the favorite team on this board is a little pushing it.I've seen a whole lot of Mustang fans that will disagree with you.I know you said that was your opinion so im just giving you mine.Good luck next year.
I take offense to that.
Sweetwater is a newcomer here and while I like alot of their posters Sinton is the favorite team.:D
Well, maybe not favorite but liked.....
Well, maybe not liked by all but by a many...
Well, huh like them...:p
I know I haven't and won't dog Cuero. They're one of my favorite teams when we don't play them.:) Too many fine posters too.

S-WtrMustangFan
12-16-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I take offense to that.
Sweetwater is a newcomer here and while I like alot of their posters Sinton is the favorite team.:D
Well, maybe not favorite but liked.....
Well, maybe not liked by all but by a many...
Well, huh like them...:p
I know I haven't and won't dog Cuero. They're one of my favorite teams when we don't play them.:) Too many fine posters too. :confused: :confused: lol

Whsdogs
12-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
.........thats not saying much.......hehe:D

whats that suppose to mean?? huh huh thats what i thought...

STANG RED
12-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

I sure wish the coaches would get together and get this game scheduled one of these years. I'd like to see us meet in Austin every year in predistrict. Maybe 3 or 4 games in, after each has kindof figured out what they have, but right before district starts. Neither of us could be accused of putting patsies on the schedule for sure.

AP Panther Fan
12-16-2005, 10:07 PM

For what it's worth, I have the utmost respect for you, your team, your coaches AND your town. You guys had an excellent season...be proud and ignore all the rest (they aren't very smart).

I have met some fine people from Cuero and lots of other towns through this Board, and hopefully, you will too! Congratulations on a wonderful season and I hope you (and your family) have a very merry Christmas!

:)