PDA

View Full Version : Whats so great about Tatum and Cuero

Cameron Crazy
12-16-2005, 01:25 PM
I have no clue why everyone talks about them i mean i dont know much about them but idk please inform me

hutex04
12-16-2005, 01:28 PM
both have or will lose to Hutto. LOL j/p. I dont see anything to make me believe Tatum is talked about. Maybe im missing something. Cuero on the other hand, is a traditional power. Its like aggy and sooners, all they can talk about is Longhorns. Winning does that.

Cameron Crazy
12-16-2005, 01:35 PM
o ok thanks

TatumEagle '99
12-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Being from Tatum and looking on this board from time to time the past couple of weeks basically because we were playing Sweetwater and there seemed to be a lot of Sweetwater fans on here. But, if you seem to think that there is a lot of talk on here from those two teams, well it's because they are two of the winningest programs in 3A. Year in and year out you can expect Tatum and Cuero in the playoffs and making some noise. That's why everyone seems to respect those two schools.

gobbler grad
12-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by TatumEagle '99
But, if you seem to think that there is a lot of talk on here from those two teams, well it's because they are two of the winningest programs in 3A. Year in and year out you can expect Tatum and Cuero in the playoffs and making some noise. That's why everyone seems to respect those two schools.

AMEN...:thumbsup:

briefcase
12-16-2005, 02:54 PM
If you will look, most of the time if there is alot of talk about one certain team, it is because all the people posting are from that particular team's city or there abouts.

hutex04
12-16-2005, 03:33 PM
sorry but never heard of Tatum before, maybe because im in central texas. So never knew they were a power. Cuero on the other hand i know of very well. Good luck and safe travels

football4life
12-16-2005, 03:36 PM
well they usually tend to talk a lot about the two teams fixing to play against each other in the state championship....;)

LewP
12-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
both have or will lose to Hutto. LOL j/p. I dont see anything to make me believe Tatum is talked about. Maybe im missing something. Cuero on the other hand, is a traditional power. Its like aggy and sooners, all they can talk about is Longhorns. Winning does that.

No offense....but it's spelled "Aggie". If you are going to use the term, it would be nice to spell it correctly...particularly if you are claiming to be Tea Sipper...lol

hutex04
12-16-2005, 04:07 PM
aggy looks better to me tho

gobbler grad
12-16-2005, 04:24 PM
sorry but never heard of Tatum before, maybe because im in central texas. So never knew they were a power. Cuero on the other hand i know of very well. Good luck and safe travels

you will have heard of them after tomorrow night, win or lose... :thinking: and you will know that they're still some good teams in northeast Texas...

hutex04
12-16-2005, 06:49 PM
no doubt they are good teams up there. I know Dangerfield is up there. Just being honest, not trying to knock Tatum down. Im sure they never heard of us either lol. Safe travels hutto and tatum fans

Kt0r
12-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
I have no clue why everyone talks about them i mean i dont know much about them but idk please inform me

You might want to check out this thread, that might shed some light on it.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38778

Orginally posted by WOS87, I take no credit for the great work.

http://members.aol.com/cboehme/private/3amostwins.jpg

lostaussie
12-16-2005, 08:53 PM
no doubt they are good teams up there. I know Dangerfield is up there. Just being honest, not trying to knock Tatum down. Im sure they never heard of us either lol. Safe travels hutto and tatum fans DUDE.............. everybodys heard of the hippos. that a great school mascot.

Whsdogs
12-16-2005, 09:06 PM
to be honest i havent really heard much about tatum on here till recently and cuero posters are everywhere

but i like cuero..my kind of people lol!

Tatum_Fan
12-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Tatum posters are mainly on Smoaky

Tatum has made the playoffs every year, except one, in the past decade (missed only 4 playoff apperances in the last 20, I believe). Tatum and/or Gilmer are usually known as "the team to beat" in East Texas as of late.

Whsdogs
12-16-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Tatum_Fan
Tatum posters are mainly on Smoaky

Tatum has made the playoffs every year, except one, in the past decade (missed only 4 playoff apperances in the last 20, I believe). Tatum and/or Gilmer are usually known as "the team to beat" in East Texas as of late.

impressive:clap:

TatumEagle '99
12-16-2005, 10:11 PM
I remember back in the mid to late 90's in DAve Campbell's magazine every year they would have a poll of all the State's High School coaches in each classification. They would vote for the 5 teams they believed had the best chance of playing for the state championship. This was voted on by 100's of coaches (I forget the exact number) and from about '94-'00 Tatum and Cuero where in that list of the top 5 teams expected to be there in December.

Tatum, Daingerfield, Gilmer (since they moved down from 4A), where always considered the teams to beat in Region II. There was some stiff competition up in the Dallas area with Gainseville, Cuero, Commerce, but it was those 3 teams that everyone sort of looked at as the guys to beat.

un b weavable
12-17-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by TatumEagle '99
There was some stiff competition up in the Dallas area with Gainseville, Cuero, Commerce, but it was those 3 teams that everyone sort of looked at as the guys to beat.

:confused: :confused:

44INAROW
12-17-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by un b weavable
:confused: :confused:

Oh Un_b weavable, didn't someone to tell you, while you've been away at college, Cuero has relocated a little north :D :D

TatumEagle '99
12-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Yeah my bad, for some reason I have always wanted to think of Cuero being up north around Dallas. Don't ask me why I just have, sorry about that, I know your down south.

espn1
12-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by briefcase
If you will look, most of the time if there is alot of talk about one certain team, it is because all the people posting are from that particular team's city or there abouts.
And why is that? Because winning programs have alot of followers, as opposed to losing which has few.