PDA

View Full Version : Any body got a 360 yet?

Cameron Crazy
12-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Im just wondering how many people have the 360 because i know there are some hard core gamers out there if any of yall have gamertags post it so ill add ya gt is (BlueDevilFreak)

turbostud
12-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Picking up my sons on Dec 22. I put it on reserve in May.

Cameron Crazy
12-15-2005, 08:03 PM
thats great my friend has one most awsome gaming console ever

piratebg
12-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Sorry but not much of an XBOX fan. I'm waiting for the Nintendo Revolution next year.

gobblerguy6405
12-15-2005, 09:48 PM
i got one....stood in line from 10 that night till 8 the next mornin the night it came out.........played it for 3 days and on the 4th day it started freezing up......called the xbox customer support and i had to send it in to get it fixed....they couldnt fix the problem so they shipped me a brand new system....works great now....so those of yall out there that have one stored away for ur kids or something....take it out and hook it up and make sure there isnt anything wrong with it

Kensington
12-15-2005, 10:09 PM
I got one and i didnt even stand in line, but yeah PGR3 is the best looking racing game ever...... oh yeah dont get Madden 06 its TERRIBLE, looks good but the gameplay is awful.

HM33
12-15-2005, 10:20 PM
why is game play bad? Cuz it has QB vision? I mean Madden on Xbox , and PS2 now is a great game. I would think that its the same but with better graphics on the 360

SintonFan
12-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Kensington
I got one and i didnt even stand in line, but yeah PGR3 is the best looking racing game ever...... oh yeah dont get Madden 06 its TERRIBLE, looks good but the gameplay is awful.
PGR 2 is great, I can't wait for PGR 3.:cool:
Instead of a XBox 360, I'm gonna get my Xbox mod'ed.:) New DVD burner and lots of great amenities.:clap:

Keith7
12-15-2005, 11:22 PM
My Playstation Online screenname is KMac7 and my Xbox screenname is SI69RebelMasta

its_n_ D_water
12-15-2005, 11:31 PM
no

WestTXLonghorn
12-15-2005, 11:52 PM
My lil' brother keeps telling me that the PS3 is going to blow the 360 away. Problem is I wanna play Halo 3 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALL LLLY bad.

SintonFan
12-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
My lil' brother keeps telling me that the PS3 is going to blow the 360 away. Problem is I wanna play Halo 3 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALL LLLY bad.
lol
Like your little bro is wiser than you. lol

theyoefnshow
12-16-2005, 12:16 AM
by design, the PS3 sounds nicer but we haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg w/ the 360. Microsoft will not be outdone by Sony as I assure u they will have tricks up their sleeves. For instance, look at the Gamecube. When it came out people were impressed by graphics, gameplay, etc etc but it took about 3 or 4 years for the game that just completely shocked the industry, that was Resident Evil 4. Nobody had ever seen anything like it but the capability had been there all along. I have my 360 but like someone else said, I didn't have to wait. Have a buddy that works at a Gamecrazy and I got it all wrapped up. Personally I think Madden is pretty good. I picked up that, Perfect Dark Zero, Call of Duty & Need for Speed. NfS is fun but first person driving is the only way to do it. Halo 3 is going to wreck though and there isn't much Sony can do about that.....

jmcgee
12-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Man I have to get one.When is Halo 3 supposed to come out?

theyoefnshow
12-16-2005, 12:22 AM
no date set. originally feb '06. then they said it would release on the launch day of the PS 3 (that'd so rule) then BG came out and said "it will ship when it's ready and not a day sooner." Fair enough. Why rush it.

jmcgee
12-16-2005, 12:23 AM
Thanks

Kensington
12-16-2005, 12:27 AM
If you are any type of madden player you will know that this madden is way off, i have 06 for the xbox also and that is an amazing game, this game has the wrong feel and the extra's are non exsistent..... the players look good but there off as well.

jmcgee
12-16-2005, 12:31 AM
we should have a 3adl madden Touney!!

football4life
12-16-2005, 12:53 AM
i dont think halo 3 will be coming out for a long while. It seemed like it took halo 2 forever and a day to finally come out, so i dont expect to ever see a true set date for a release until just prior to the actual release. Cant wait though, best game EVER.

sahen
12-16-2005, 01:03 AM
of all the internet game sites, i have always liked IGN....they say wait for the PS3 so im thinkin i will....plus i have always loved playstation so my guess is their product will either be the same or better than Xbox...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/668/668446p1.html

Whsdogs
12-16-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by sahen
of all the internet game sites, i have always liked IGN....they say wait for the PS3 so im thinkin i will....plus i have always loved playstation so my guess is their product will either be the same or better than Xbox...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/668/668446p1.html

im a playstation fan myself when it comes to sport games...but man Halo 2 is addddicting as they come

cant wait for the ps3 to hit the market though!!

jmcgee
12-16-2005, 01:36 AM
Whos bored and cant sleep raise your hand. you cant see but mine is up. I think I'm about to play some online poker.

Whsdogs
12-16-2005, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
Whos bored and cant sleep raise your hand. you cant see but mine is up. I think I'm about to play some online poker.

haha hey im here with you bud...the last like 6 post on here were mine until you broke the chain lol

WestTXLonghorn
12-16-2005, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
Like your little bro is wiser than you. lol

When it comes to video games yeah. . .he's a hardcore stoner/slacker so I'll trust his word more than God's when it comes down to stuff like that.

Also. . .with the XBox Microsoft screws you over when you want to do anything with their system. Wanna save yer games? $50 for an extra harddrive. Wanna watch DVDs? $50 for a special remote, etc. And so on and so forth.

jmcgee
12-16-2005, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
When it comes to video games yeah. . .he's a hardcore stoner/slacker so I'll trust his word more than God's when it comes down to stuff like that.

Also. . .with the XBox Microsoft screws you over when you want to do anything with their system. Wanna save yer games? $50 for an extra harddrive. Wanna watch DVDs? $50 for a special remote, etc. And so on and so forth. There are ways around that.

WestTXLonghorn
12-16-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
There are ways around that.

I gave up stealing awhile back. You'd think a guy as rich as Bill G. would just sell the damn things for $40 a pop and let everyone have fun!

theyoefnshow
12-16-2005, 10:00 AM
actually if you just go w/ the premium system all you need to do is buy games. The hard drive is built in so you can watch movies & all that good stuff without paying extra. Also, when you factor in the harddrive, you don't have to spend $40 for a memory card (or more if you play alot of games that need alot of saving = multiple memory cards). Another cool feature is the ability put your own music on the system so if you are playing a game with a lame soundtrack you can make your own. Nothing like playing Grand Theft Auto San Andreas while having some N.W.A blastin n the background.

District303aPastPlayer
12-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Nothing like playing Grand Theft Auto San Andreas while having some N.W.A blastin n the background.

by that statement alone, my perception of you just changed dramatically.... COMING STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON!!!!

Go Cuero
12-16-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
actually if you just go w/ the premium system all you need to do is buy games. The hard drive is built in so you can watch movies & all that good stuff without paying extra. Also, when you factor in the harddrive, you don't have to spend $40 for a memory card (or more if you play alot of games that need alot of saving = multiple memory cards). Another cool feature is the ability put your own music on the system so if you are playing a game with a lame soundtrack you can make your own. Nothing like playing Grand Theft Auto San Andreas while having some N.W.A blastin n the background.

We bought the premium system also and only had to get games and an extra wireless controller. Well I should say my husband bought this. I have yet to play it but I've watched him play alot and it's really cool on the high def. You're also able to put your own music and you can put your digital pictures you've saved on your computer and see them on the TV screen too. I didn't think that was too cool until we did it and the pictures look awesome.

My husband thought he would be able to get a 360 the day it came out and we went everywhere. He went to Wal-Mart before they were on the shelf and they had already handed out tickets to come back and get them. I thought it was horrible that Microsoft only produce the amount they did. Some stores here in the Austin area only got 30 and they don't know for sure when they are getting another shippment. Some say as far back as Feb. To me if it seemed like Bill Gates just wanted a lot of hoopla out about the 360 and didn't put enought product out there. I don't care that he is going to sell it in China next and that he wanted to save some for there....if you're going to sell it in America...make sure you have enough so that you can avoid what happened. People were pushing other people in line, there was a shooting somewhere...that's just crazy...I think....Anyway, we ended up paying way too much for it on ebay but my husband was happy and that's what he wanted for Christmas and I said that was fine as long as I got to spend the same amount on myself for Christmas. So it all worked out in my favor!! LOL

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Go Cuero
Anyway, we ended up paying way too much for it on ebay but my husband was happy and that's what he wanted for Christmas and I said that was fine as long as I got to spend the same amount on myself for Christmas. So it all worked out in my favor!! LOL
I like the way you think. :D

Go Cuero
12-16-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I like the way you think. :D

Thanks!! I figured it was only fair.

99IHSMustang
12-16-2005, 11:49 AM
The Cell Processor for the PS3 is what is going to keep Sony's game console a little bit above Microshaft's Xbox 360.

Cameron Crazy
12-16-2005, 02:00 PM
IF they launch it when PS3 comes out man its gonna kill the ps3 sells and i hope it does that

theyoefnshow
12-16-2005, 02:04 PM
I jsut don't see why they dont' just push the production button and make sure it's out by that date. It'd be a dirty thing to do but GD it'd be so funny. In the long run PS3 sales would pick back up but initial ones would definately be hit hard. SLAYER.