PDA

View Full Version : Rumor about snyder and money ???

Bubba-Joe
12-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Rumor has it that part of this 70Million Dollars may have been in illegal contributions to the Snyder football program
Including recruiting players from out of State

Is there any truth to this rumor???

How do you miss place 70 Million Dollars?????????

"unauthorized payments"
WHERE DID THIS MONEY GO ???

I guess we will all wait and see how this turns out

OF COURSE ALL OF THIS SPECULATION ABOUT MONEY GOING TO PLAYERS IS JUST A RUMOR

SNYDER, Texas - Oil and gas drilling operator Patterson-UTI Energy Inc. said it suspected a former officer may have embezzled $70 million over five years, news that sent the company's shares sharply lower on Friday.

Patterson-UTI said late Thursday that it plans to hire legal counsel and forensic accountants to investigate "unauthorized payments" the company made for assets that were never delivered.

The company said it is too early to tell how the inquiry will affect previous financial results.

Nervous investors drove the company's shares down $2.96, or 9 percent, to $29.87 in heavy trading on the Nasdaq Stock Market. Volume surged to 18 million shares from a daily average of about 2.6 million. The stock traded at a year low of $17.15 in early January, then climbed to a 52-week high of $36.79 on Sept. 30.

The announcement of possible embezzlement came less than a week after the company announced the departure of its chief financial officer. The company said Jonathan D. Nelson had resigned for personal reasons.

The company did not immediately return a call Friday for further comment. In a statement late Thursday, the company said the audit committee of its board began an investigation "as a result of information received by senior management" on Wednesday.

Patterson-UTI reported profit of $108.7 million on sales of $1 billion last year. For the first nine months of this year, it said it earned $247.5 million on revenue of $1.21 billion.

The company provides contract drilling services to oil and natural gas operators in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and other states and in western Canada. It also has exploration and production operations in Texas and New Mexico.

The company was formed in 2001 by Patterson Energy's acquisition of UTI Energy. It operates about 400 drilling rigs, the second-largest land-based fleet in North America, and has about 6,800 employees.

shadow13
12-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Rumor has it that part of this 70Million Dollars may have been in illegal contributions to the Snyder football program
Including recruiting players from out of State

Is there any truth to this rumor???

How do you miss place 70 Million Dollars?????????

"unauthorized payments"
WHERE DID THIS MONEY GO ???

I guess we will all wait and see how this turns out

OF COURSE ALL OF THIS SPECULATION ABOUT MONEY GOING TO PLAYERS IS JUST A RUMOR

SNYDER, Texas - Oil and gas drilling operator Patterson-UTI Energy Inc. said it suspected a former officer may have embezzled $70 million over five years, news that sent the company's shares sharply lower on Friday.

Patterson-UTI said late Thursday that it plans to hire legal counsel and forensic accountants to investigate "unauthorized payments" the company made for assets that were never delivered.

The company said it is too early to tell how the inquiry will affect previous financial results.

Nervous investors drove the company's shares down $2.96, or 9 percent, to $29.87 in heavy trading on the Nasdaq Stock Market. Volume surged to 18 million shares from a daily average of about 2.6 million. The stock traded at a year low of $17.15 in early January, then climbed to a 52-week high of $36.79 on Sept. 30.

The announcement of possible embezzlement came less than a week after the company announced the departure of its chief financial officer. The company said Jonathan D. Nelson had resigned for personal reasons.

The company did not immediately return a call Friday for further comment. In a statement late Thursday, the company said the audit committee of its board began an investigation "as a result of information received by senior management" on Wednesday.

Patterson-UTI reported profit of $108.7 million on sales of $1 billion last year. For the first nine months of this year, it said it earned $247.5 million on revenue of $1.21 billion.

The company provides contract drilling services to oil and natural gas operators in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and other states and in western Canada. It also has exploration and production operations in Texas and New Mexico.

The company was formed in 2001 by Patterson Energy's acquisition of UTI Energy. It operates about 400 drilling rigs, the second-largest land-based fleet in North America, and has about 6,800 employees. comes to mind

Bubba-Joe
12-15-2005, 02:57 PM

How long has the current staff been at snyder

5 years??????
HUMMM
make ya wonder

Bullaholic
12-15-2005, 02:59 PM
This might be a "long reach", Bubba. Rumor can be ugly, even in jest. I advise (for what that is worth) "caution" and sure hope you don't lose any "fingers" over trying to have a little fun with the Snyder folks.

shadow13
12-15-2005, 02:59 PM
How long has the current staff been at snyder

5 years??????
HUMMM
make ya wonder Looks pretty fishy to me...lol

mustang68
12-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Could this only be coincidence?

shadow13
12-15-2005, 03:02 PM
You know that's pretty bad ,if this is true, because they couldn't even get a state title out of all that money.

Bubba-Joe
12-15-2005, 03:06 PM
HEY NOW THIS IS ALL A RUMOR
NO ONE IS CALLIN THIS A FACT
KINDA LIKE ALL THOSE RUMORS ABOUT SWEETWATER KIDS FAILIN CLASSES
ECT..........

JUST A RUMOR

shadow13
12-15-2005, 03:11 PM
ECT..........

JUST A RUMOR It really does seem fishy, I wouldn't put it past Snyder,they would do anything to beat Sweetwater, but like you said, only a RUMOR...LOL

SpreadtheRed
12-15-2005, 03:15 PM
If they recruited then they sure did suck at it. I would have bought Chase Daniel from Southlake or bought Jayme McCoy from Lee.

STANG RED
12-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
You know that's pretty bad ,if this is true, because they couldn't even get a state title out of all that money.

Now thats what I call misappropriation of funds.
Funny thing is, this isnt the first I have heard of this. I first heard a rumor that this was going on about 3 years ago. Since I hadnt heard anymore, I just assumed it was a wild rumor, so I just forgot about it. Guess maybe there was something to it after all. I cant wait to to see where this ends up going!

DaHop72
12-15-2005, 03:50 PM
comes to mind
Guys, poke fun at this all you want but leave the family out of it. I go to church with them and know the story as to why the family came to Snyder. If you really are interested I could come up with a story that was done on or you can just take my work that it dealt with personal family problems that required them to come to Snyder.

trenchdweller
12-15-2005, 04:19 PM
???? who you talking about

LH Panther Mom
12-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by trenchdweller
???? who you talking about
Send them a pm, if you're interested in knowing. :)

DaHop72
12-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Send them a pm, if you're interested in knowing. :)
Thanks, LHPM.

shadow13
12-15-2005, 04:53 PM
Why is it that , that particular name had to be edited out? I have a feeling why!

Ranger Mom
12-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Why is it that , that particular name had to be edited out? I have a feeling why!

See Rule #3

3). Do not engage in personal attacks.
Avoid name calling. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable. Try reversing the roles and see how you would feel if someone said it to you. Avoid using people's real names in your posts . At 3A Downlow, we tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches. We are not here to air personal vendettas.

S-WtrMustangFan
12-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
See Rule #3

3). Do not engage in personal attacks.
Avoid name calling. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable. Try reversing the roles and see how you would feel if someone said it to you. Avoid using people's real names in your posts . At 3A Downlow, we tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches. We are not here to air personal vendettas. I guess Mr. P really likes football ?

shadow13
12-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by S-WtrMustangFan
I guess Mr. P really likes football ? If i had move somewhere ,so my son could play with another team ,so be it, i wouldn't get offended if it were true, but i see your point ,it's only a rumor

Black_Magic
12-15-2005, 05:38 PM
ECT..........

JUST A RUMOR Or the "rumor" that the kid did fail but the teacher was talked into changing the grade...:clap: from several people I hear that is NO rumor..... LOL But Bubba knows it ....:clap: bet he is relieved that the teacher was so accomidating:thumbsup: Crap! too bad that the guy who imbezeled the 70$ mill didnt decide to donate to the booster club:( . Or maybe the 180 lb DT that was recruited will be a DI prospect.:clap: :clap: DID Sweetwater Get a move in from Weatherford? does this kid live with his parents in sweetwater??? Hope you dont mind the question because YOU did bring the topic up...

shadow13
12-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Or the "rumor" that the kid did fail but the teacher was talked into changing the grade...:clap: from several people I hear that is NO rumor..... LOL But Bubba knows it ....:clap: bet he is relieved that the teacher was so accomidating:thumbsup: Crap! too bad that the guy who imbezeled the 70$ mill didnt decide to donate to the booster club:( . Or maybe the 180 lb DT that was recruited will be a DI prospect.:clap: :clap: DID Sweetwater Get a move in from Weatherford? does this kid live with his parents in sweetwater??? Hope you dont mind the question because YOU did bring the topic up... My point ,it shouldn't matter if they moved in or what or if their name is mentioned or not ,what's so offending about moving somewhere just to play football ,it's done all the time....rumor or not

Mustangpride09
12-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Or the "rumor" that the kid did fail but the teacher was talked into changing the grade...:clap: from several people I hear that is NO rumor..... LOL But Bubba knows it ....:clap: bet he is relieved that the teacher was so accomidating:thumbsup: Crap! too bad that the guy who imbezeled the 70$ mill didnt decide to donate to the booster club:( . Or maybe the 180 lb DT that was recruited will be a DI prospect.:clap: :clap: DID Sweetwater Get a move in from Weatherford? does this kid live with his parents in sweetwater??? Hope you dont mind the question because YOU did bring the topic up...

actually, the kid was in tuturiols everyday at 7:45 for 6 weeks

Mustangpride09
12-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Actually the kid that moved from BANDERA (not weatherford) moved with his brother to live with his aunt and uncle. There was no recruiting. He played on the JV team as the first string QB and accumulated 4 touchdowns against the all mighty snyder JV. Does that confirm your answer?

GreenMonster
12-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Maybe what really happened is the theif bought $70 million worth of dynamite and has randomly buried it all over Sweetwater and is in the process of igniting the fuse. This way Snyder wins in a BLOW OUT. Or then again, maybe not. Maybe the Snyder and Sweetwater fans need to stop acting like tiny little children that a good whippin.

Black_Magic
12-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Actually the kid that moved from BANDERA (not weatherford) moved with his brother to live with his aunt and uncle. There was no recruiting. He played on the JV team as the first string QB and accumulated 4 touchdowns against the all mighty snyder JV. Does that confirm your answer?

Hmmm Lives with the aunt and uncle... Wonder if that makes him a legit move in acording to UIL rules???? wow sounds nice... My brother has a son who is considering comming to snyder this summer. His mother may take a job at her brothers company. He wont even have to live with uncle but if he or they needed to that would be fine.He played for central this year and is 6'2 220 LB/FB and was all distric LB in the 5A district he was in as a JR. .. would be nice for his family to move home for his seinior year. Patterson UTI wouldnt have to pay a penny for that one LOL.. You guys crack me up! I wish Somone would give alot of money to the school or program... heck you would think if the company didnt mis the 70$ million untill an audit, they would not miss a coulple of Million donation to the school football program... It would be nice..