PDA

View Full Version : Snyder VS Monahans 06 wk 0

Black_Magic
12-15-2005, 10:01 AM
I hear through the Grape vine that Monahans and Snyder play week 0 in Midland on a thursday. anyone in Monahans hear this?

jmcgee
12-15-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I hear through the Grape vine that Monahans and Snyder play week 0 in Midland on a thursday. anyone in Monahans hear this? I'll take monahans by +21.

mrescape43
12-15-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
I'll take monahans by +21.

Wow, someone is dilusional! haha

Black_Magic
12-15-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Wow, someone is dilusional! haha Or wishfull :clap:

STANG RED
12-15-2005, 10:46 AM
I hear through the Grape vine that Monahans and Snyder play week 0 in Midland on a thursday. anyone in Monahans hear this?
Now that will be an interesting week 0 matchup. Where is the 1st one being played? Is either of those backs coming back for Monahans? Or are they both seniors?

Black_Magic
12-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Now that will be an interesting week 0 matchup. Where is the 1st one being played? Is either of those backs coming back for Monahans? Or are they both seniors? I believe In Midland both years..

zeus63
12-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Now that will be an interesting week 0 matchup. Where is the 1st one being played? Is either of those backs coming back for Monahans? Or are they both seniors?

Graves is graduating. Roberson #9 is returning.

STANG RED
12-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by zeus63
Graves is graduating. Roberson #9 is returning.
They'r both great backs, but I was really more impressed with #9. He should have a great year next year!

sweetwater07
12-15-2005, 01:25 PM
They'r both great backs, but I was really more impressed with #9. He should have a great year next year!

#9 for short yards was pretty nice, but for anything other than 2-3 yards at a time he wasn't impressive at all........he broke down the sideline against us and was caught by pittman....the slowest wide out on the team.....not fast at all but decent none the less

sweetwater07
12-15-2005, 01:25 PM

#9 for short yards was pretty nice, but for anything other than 2-3 yards at a time he wasn't impressive at all........he broke down the sideline against us and was caught by pittman....the slowest wide out on the team.....not fast at all but decent none the less

zeus63
12-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07

Thanks for the "expert" opinion. But, I'm fairly sure that he can hold his own against anyone. Decent is an understatement.

sweetwater07
12-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the "expert" opinion. But, I'm fairly sure that he can hold his own against anyone. Decent is an understatement.

well he sure didn't "hold his own" against sweetwater...either way i said he was nice just not that great compared to some other backs from the region

Black_Magic
12-15-2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the "expert" opinion. But, I'm fairly sure that he can hold his own against anyone. Decent is an understatement. Zeus. you have to understand They are from Sweetwater. The football meca of the world. EVERYONE else is average! The only thing they remember are the wins. they dont even remember the loses. its a gift only to sweetwater posters. its also a weekness. Im just glad that the last loss vs TATUM you didnt have alot of crying about sportsmanship like after the wylie loss.. Sweetwater are good sports when they WIN..

Black_Magic
12-15-2005, 01:43 PM
well he sure didn't "hold his own" against sweetwater...either way i said he was nice just not that great compared to some other backs from the region he is as good of a back in Region one that you can find. Granted no better than 5 or 6 others but very good.:rolleyes:

jmcgee
12-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Zeus. you have to understand They are from Sweetwater. The football meca of the world. EVERYONE else is average! The only thing they remember are the wins. they dont even remember the loses. its a gift only to sweetwater posters. its also a weekness. Im just glad that the last loss vs TATUM you didnt have alot of crying about sportsmanship like after the wylie loss.. Sweetwater are good sports when they WIN.. Snyder are bad sports win or lose

sweetwater07
12-15-2005, 01:45 PM
he is as good of a back in Region one that you can find. Granted no better than 5 or 6 others but very good.:rolleyes:

can think of a few from the teams we played before monahans that were better than #9

zeus63
12-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Well, it's been awhile since I graduated and left Snyder, but from what I can gather about Sweetwater, nothing has changed.

jmcgee
12-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Well, it's been awhile since I graduated and left Snyder, but from what I can gather about Sweetwater, nothing has changed. and nothing from snyder either

Black_Magic
12-15-2005, 01:53 PM
can think of a few from the teams we played before monahans that were better than #9 Look your not very realistic are you. #9 didnt have a good game vs Snyder either but than doesnt mean squat. IF a back doesnt have a good game vs sweetwater he is not any good?? :clap: Heck I forgot. You guys thought you shut down Dee Walker last year in the playoff game in december..... even though he had 146 yards vs the mustangs..:rolleyes:

its_n_ D_water
12-15-2005, 05:12 PM
I rarely put my 2 cents in but, that #9 from monahans was kinda of slow....for a running back...but we will see how he does in '06 without graves there....:)

Cameron Crazy
12-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Go Monnahans i got a bunch a few friends from there and plus i really dont like Snyder go Lobo's

WTF-82
12-16-2005, 03:00 PM
If you think #9 from Monahans is slow you are wrong. He was on the sprint relay team a year ago as a soph. he was timed at a 4.6
as a soph. when pittman from sweetwater caught him he had a great angle. Trust me he is a player he is also very physicall and strong. He will be tough next year.

its_n_ D_water
12-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
If you think #9 from Monahans is slow you are wrong. He was on the sprint relay team a year ago as a soph. he was timed at a 4.6
as a soph. when pittman from sweetwater caught him he had a great angle. Trust me he is a player he is also very physicall and strong. He will be tough next year.
ok..maybe you're right, he just looked slow from where I was sitting..I'm just use to that Sweetwater SPEED....j/k....:)

loboes86
12-16-2005, 06:48 PM
#9 was on the 4x100 relay team that came in 7th and the 4x200 relay team that DQed in the state meet last spring. Maybe not as fast as the kids from Sweetwater but we're still proud of him.

LewP
12-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Look your not very realistic are you. #9 didnt have a good game vs Snyder either but than doesnt mean squat. IF a back doesnt have a good game vs sweetwater he is not any good?? :clap: Heck I forgot. You guys thought you shut down Dee Walker last year in the playoff game in december..... even though he had 146 yards vs the mustangs..:rolleyes:

He He He..Dee Walker....I guess his dad has moved away from Snyder since ya'll are through with him right?

DaHop72
12-16-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by LewP
He He He..Dee Walker....I guess his dad has moved away from Snyder since ya'll are through with him right?
No, the player of which you speak is going to school at SMU. He father continues to work and raise his two young sons with help from his family which happens to be why he moved to Snyder.

wtxmike
12-17-2005, 04:59 PM
i haven't heard this, but it would a great season opener!!

S-WtrMustangFan
12-17-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by wtxmike
i haven't heard this, but it would a great season opener!! Great season opener with Snyder being 0-1.

oh well
12-17-2005, 09:43 PM
It will be a great game. Monahans are a class program and it will be a challenge for the Tigers

wtxmike
01-04-2006, 06:39 PM
well i think its nearly set in stone(can't be until after the realignment) monahans snyder week 0 others possibly on monahans' schedule lake view and midland christan

mustang_fan1984
01-04-2006, 07:10 PM
Zeus. you have to understand They are from Sweetwater. The football meca of the world. EVERYONE else is average! The only thing they remember are the wins. they dont even remember the loses. its a gift only to sweetwater posters. its also a weekness. Im just glad that the last loss vs TATUM you didnt have alot of crying about sportsmanship like after the wylie loss.. Sweetwater are good sports when they WIN..

I remembered Our losses this year !!!!!! We LOST to LAST YEARS STATE CHAMPS !!!!!!!! WYLIE !!!!! AND THIS YEARS STATE CHAMPS !!!!!! Not a bad run this year !!!!! AND who did you loss to? Was it Us and Monohans???????