PDA

View Full Version : Just got confirmation on my National Championship, Rose Bowl ticket...

KTJ
12-14-2005, 02:27 PM
1.) Rose Bowl ticket being mailed from the Longhorn Foundation. CHECK!

2.) Booked hotel in Las Vegas. CHECK!

3.) Make check from work direct-deposit so money will go straight to my account while we're in Pasadena and Vegas. CHECK!

4.) Made party plans. CHECK!

5.) Drive by the Frank Denius Fields to see if the team is practicing hard. CHECK!

6.) Can't sleep because I'm so excited. CHECK!

I can't wait. This is going to be awesome. I still can't believe that I will be going to the National Championship game and that the Texas Longhorns could be NATIONAL CHAMPIONS on January 4th! I'm excited....can't you tell?

:D

Adidas410s
12-14-2005, 02:28 PM
where are you staying at in Vegas?

pirate4state
12-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

3.) Make check from work direct-deposit so money will go straight to my account while we're in Pasadena and Vegas. CHECK!

5.) Drive by the Frank Denius Fields to see if the team is practicing hard. CHECK!

I can't wait. This is going to be awesome. I still can't believe that I will be going to the National Championship game and that the Texas Longhorns could be NATIONAL CHAMPIONS on January 4th! I'm excited....can't you tell?:D

I'm sure you'll have a GREAT time as I did in Omaha this summer!! :thumbsup:

Take notes b/c we'll want to hear all about your trip!! :nerd: :D

44INAROW
12-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm sure you'll have a GREAT time as I did in Omaha this summer!! :thumbsup:

Take notes b/c we'll want to hear all about your trip!! :nerd: :D

and take plenty of PICTURES for all us working stiffs back in Texas :D

KTJ
12-14-2005, 02:37 PM
And this time, unlike last years Rose Bowl, I promise I will take a camera and post some pics.

And Adidas, we're staying at the Orleans Hotel. It was extra, extra cheap for our group of 12-15.

And for those wondering, Las Vegas will be virtually painted Burnt Orange. I think a lot of people realized from last year that staying in Vegas is a great option. From what I'm hearing, a TON of folks will be in Vegas and in Pasadena. Ticket prices are anywhere from $800 to $2,500 a piece. (mine only cost $175)

I'd predict a number on how many Longhorn fans will be in Pasadena, but it keeps rising everyday. :eek:

WestTXLonghorn
12-14-2005, 03:24 PM
It's really a shame that most of the tickets allotted to UT go to rich fat cats and old timers. Only 10% make it to actual students which is rather pathetic, but I got my 2 for $175 so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

I'm too poor to be flying around so I'll be heading out in my truck New Year's Eve prolly and driving the whole way. Haven't decide whether or not to stop in Vegas on there or on the way back. . .heard that hotel prices skyrocket for days AFTER the 4th.

Anyhoo. . .should be a great trip just like last year. I'm in section 13 KTJ. . .I'm guessing yours are a bit better than that?

Phil C
12-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Way to go West and KTJ! Cheer good for the Horns and give an extra cheer for those of us that won't get to go. Hook 'em!

Bullaholic
12-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

I can't wait. This is going to be awesome. I still can't believe that I will be going to the National Championship game and that the Texas Longhorns could be NATIONAL CHAMPIONS on January 4th! I'm excited....can't you tell?

:D

Don't forget to bring lots of extra cash for extra programs and be sure to take a pic of you giving the "Hook Em" by one of the stadium landmarks for posterity, KTJ.

schu1213
12-14-2005, 10:20 PM
WHO CARES. Thats so cool man taht you get to see ut to get beat. Your a lucky guy.

KTJ
12-14-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
WHO CARES. Thats so cool man taht you get to see ut to get beat. Your a lucky guy.

Was it really necessary for you to act juvenile and crap all over my post?

Way to act classy. :rolleyes:

big daddy russ
12-15-2005, 12:04 AM
Hey KTJ...

You suck. Just thought I'd let you know. :D Bring back pics.

schu1213
12-15-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Was it really necessary for you to act juvenile and crap all over my post?

Way to act classy. :rolleyes:

I just get sick of all of your talk about ut that it makes me sick. Cool your going to the rose bowl, big freakin deal. I will see the game better than you and save 1000 bucks. Have fun though, please be sure to tell everyone about it when you get back please. I wont be able to sleep untill you let me know how it goes

KTJ
12-15-2005, 12:19 AM
I just get sick of all of your talk about ut that it makes me sick. Cool your going to the rose bowl, big freakin deal. I will see the game better than you and save 1000 bucks. Have fun though, please be sure to tell everyone about it when you get back please. I wont be able to sleep untill you let me know how it goes

Wow. I made the same post last year and no one had a problem with it. And so because you're sick of it means I should stop it...just for you?

I don't know who you are and I really don't care. There's no need for you to be turd. You had the option of not reading the post.

Did you get that? Or was that too much to comprehend?

S-WtrMustangFan
12-15-2005, 12:30 AM
I just get sick of all of your talk about ut that it makes me sick. Cool your going to the rose bowl, big freakin deal. I will see the game better than you and save 1000 bucks. Have fun though, please be sure to tell everyone about it when you get back please. I wont be able to sleep untill you let me know how it goes ^ Definition of Idiot :A person of subnormal intelligence.Or schh1212 both meen the same.Go UT

WestTXLonghorn
12-15-2005, 01:54 AM
Only thing I'm sick of seeing is schu continually screw up the usage of "your" and "you're".

I don't care what the damn Rose Bowl officials say this time around. I'm rushing the field after we win! I should've done it last year but the LAPD dudes were scary. This time I'm going to sacrifice my body and go for it anyway.

AggieJohn
12-15-2005, 08:11 AM
would you wear like aggie underwear or something, cause that would be about the closest we are going to get to a MNC

HighSchool Fan
12-15-2005, 08:16 AM
I just get sick of all of your talk about ut that it makes me sick.

now you know how the rest of us feel about all your talk about cuero

SINTON81
12-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
It's really a shame that most of the tickets allotted to UT go to rich fat cats and old timers. Only 10% make it to actual students which is rather pathetic, but I got my 2 for $175 so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

I'm too poor to be flying around so I'll be heading out in my truck New Year's Eve prolly and driving the whole way. Haven't decide whether or not to stop in Vegas on there or on the way back. . .heard that hotel prices skyrocket for days AFTER the 4th.

Anyhoo. . .should be a great trip just like last year. I'm in section 13 KTJ. . .I'm guessing yours are a bit better than that?

You never know, by the time KTJ gets done with Vegas he may be as poor as you.:D :D

GOFOR2
12-15-2005, 10:12 AM

Could you at least proofread your quotes before posting?
Or better yet, stop posting.

KTJ
12-15-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
would you wear like aggie underwear or something, cause that would be about the closest we are going to get to a MNC

You pay me good enough and I just might.

:eek: