PDA

View Full Version : KTXS reportered this...

Sweetwater Red
12-14-2005, 09:01 AM
The head coach of Daingerfield interviewed for the A Cooper job
last night. He has only been at Daingerfield for 2 years. They said
his record there was 7-5 and 10-1.

lostaussie
12-14-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
The head coach of Daingerfield interviewed for the A Cooper job
last night. He has only been at Daingerfield for 2 years. They said
his record there was 7-5 and 10-1. 10-1 is not correct. they lost 3 games this year. i bekieve his name is randall hugg.

VWG
12-14-2005, 09:20 AM
There will be several coaches apply for this job.
Cooper could move down to 4A this realignment.
I wouldn't be surprised to see people like Kent Jackson (Sweetwater), Brad McCoy (Graham), Owens (Monahans), the 2A HC from Cisco, and others put their name in the hat on this one.

STANG RED
12-14-2005, 09:23 AM
I was told by one of the players last night that, Jackson has applied for this job. Dont know if he has interviewed yet or not though.

fastkid75
12-14-2005, 09:50 AM
I heard that Coach Rogers from Snyder applied for this the last time also and was in the top 5. I wonder if he is putting in this year. Maybe Black_Magic knows something about it????

mustang68
12-14-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I was told by one of the players last night that, Jackson has applied for this job. Dont know if he has interviewed yet or not though.

Your information is incorrect. You should check your sources.

Black_Magic
12-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by fastkid75
I heard that Coach Rogers from Snyder applied for this the last time also and was in the top 5. I wonder if he is putting in this year. Maybe Black_Magic knows something about it???? I doubt Rogers would want the cooper Job. It would in many ways be step down. Snyder has been on the way up for the last 5 years, winning more playoff games than in the previous 20 combined. Talent is strong in the underclasses. Community is behind the program better than ever. The cooper Job is a Bad deal. who ever gets that one would have a huge up hill battle. I doubt Rogers would want to trade a good situation for a bad one. A job like Amarillo High on the other hand would be a different situation.

vet93
12-14-2005, 10:40 AM
I agree...If I was Rogers I wouldn't touch the Cooper job...deck is stacked against you...numbers are down and could be dropping more. I guess people might take the job in hopes that in a couple of years they might drop to 4a. However, in that district, you probably won't last until the next realignment. Quis likely saw the handwriting on the wall and left early. Too bad....Cooper has a proud history over the past 20 years are so.

Originally posted by Black_Magic
I doubt Rogers would want the cooper Job. It would in many ways be step down. Snyder has been on the way up for the last 5 years, winning more playoff games than in the previous 20 combined. Talent is strong in the underclasses. Community is behind the program better than ever. The cooper Job is a Bad deal. who ever gets that one would have a huge up hill battle. I doubt Rogers would want to trade a good situation for a bad one. A job like Amarillo High on the other hand would be a different situation.

sweetwater07
12-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Cooper's program would be step down for almost any coach to apply for...

injuredinmelee
12-14-2005, 01:42 PM
AISD is NOT going to get a premier or even good name for this job under the current turmultous boundary issue. There are some trustees vehenemently against the single campus idea and there is a special committee that has been formed to redraw the attendance zone boundaries. AISD will be lucky if they get to keep Warren at AHS. This school district is in shambles and it is the BOARDS fault. The fairly new Supt. is fighting a losing battle despite his hard work and the changes he has tried to make for the better. Cooper made a mistake hiring Secord and they will choose from the watered down candidates and hire someone willing to come in and take the reigns at a dying school.

Aesculus gilmus
12-14-2005, 03:34 PM
If the 3A cutoff number goes up even 20 students, Daingerfield will be 2A. So will Jefferson and Tatum. Daingerfield ought to murder some teams in 2A. Needless to say, Tatum will also.

So I have to speculate that he must be under some pressure to leave. Either that or he just doesn't want to go down to 2A himself.

Hugg's record the first year is right, but the second year, to echo lost aussie here, he wound up at 8-3. 8-2 regular season plus the bi-district loss to Gilmer. He was the OC at Alief Elsik before he came to Daingerfield.

oh well
12-14-2005, 04:03 PM
I could think of 93,000 reasons they will get someone good

oh well
12-14-2005, 04:39 PM
REALLY WOW

STANG RED
12-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by oh well
I could think of 93,000 reasons they will get someone good
Oh really. OK, now name them. I dare ya.

oh well
12-14-2005, 04:44 PM
George 93,000 times or
Ben 18,600
or well now I gotta look in my wallet

still looking

Black_Magic
12-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by oh well
George 93,000 times or
Ben 18,600
or well now I gotta look in my wallet

still looking at least for a couple of years...... or they could drop to 4a and it would be a good job unless the record is 3-7 or something.