PDA

View Full Version : Someone tell me about Hutto

TatumEagle '99
12-14-2005, 08:26 AM
I really don't know anything about Hutto. Heck, I had never even heard of Hutto until last week. I am from Tatum and I can give you guys anything you need to knpw about them and what they run, who their players are etc.

What kind of offense or defense do they run? Are they fast? Big? etc. This game is for the state championship, might be nice to actually talk about it.

hutex04
12-14-2005, 08:30 AM
I started the same kinda post yesterday asking about Tatum and got no hits. People just dont wanna talk about this game on this sight. Hutto and Tatum seem very similar. Hutto has lately run out of the ole Power I. They have a big offensive line and they gain 3-4 yards on you every down. They take control of the ball, and just milk that clock and try and score touchdowns. Hutto will pass on you too, usually when your not expecting it. The D is very physical, maybe not as fast as your D but they negate that with smash mouth football. This game will probably be a game in the low 20s and turnovers will play a big part. Safe travels, go hippos!

TatumEagle '99
12-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Turnovers always play a big part in any game. Well, Tatum runs the ball too. Like I have said on this site before, Tatum will and always has run the ball upwards near 70% of the time. We did it back in the early 90's and still do it now. I remember seeing a highlight of Hutto and Cuero on High School Extra the other day and it seemed like you guys had a pretty big line. Reminds me of my offensive line when I was in Tatum, we avg. right around 260-270 with a couple of 300 guys.

If you guys run the ball as much you say you do and we run the ball as much I say we do, this game could be over in record time because the clock should never stop. Tatum has a very good defense. They played a team in the second round of the playoffs whose line was up around 280, wich blows my mind for a 3A school. Anyway, they seemed to hold their own and stodd up toe to toe with them. They won that game going away in the second half.

Should be a heck of a game. Are there any standouts on your team (college level players or such) or is Hutto pretty much a TEAM concept. I mean Tatum is a team concept but as you will see there are a couple of stand outs that if Tatum didn't have might not be this far in the playoffs.