PDA

View Full Version : NEWTON WHO??

josh_b_9_QB
12-08-2001, 01:51 PM
The U.S.S. Giddings survived another close battle. I told you newton fans that we would prevail, and thats exactly what happened. So, I believe you Newton guys have a few questions to answer me. How did it feel to watch your State championship hopes slipping away from your grasps? How did it feel to get beat by a better team than ya'll expected? How did it feel to watch #5 Chris Winn throw the ball to #12 John Ray for the go ahead touchdown with only a few minutes left in play? How did it feel to see the score 24-20 with only 26 seconds left in the game? Well, you can respond at anytime. Good game though, you guys had a good season. BUFFS, ALL THE WAY TO STATE!! AND LIKE OUR BANNER SAID...ITS MONSTER TIME!!!

joe60
12-08-2001, 02:18 PM
Josh, obviously you don't have a clue what good sportsmanship is. True, Newton fans talked a lot of trash and so did ours, but the game is over and it isn't necessary that you rub the loss in their faces. That makes you no better sport than them.

Congratulations Newton on a great season and good luck next year.

g-town fan
12-08-2001, 03:23 PM
Josh, there is no need for all that trash talking. Newton played one heck of a game and gave us all we could handle. They are an excellent team and I'm sure they will make another great showing next year. Sorry Newton fans for the Giddings fans who have no class whatsoever and just like to talk. Outstanding game last night and go buffs!!!!

3Aroy
12-08-2001, 03:31 PM
Giddings has a good team, and I realize how excited you guys are. Good luck the next two weeks!

EAGLE PRIDE
12-08-2001, 03:31 PM
NEWTON TAKES A LOSS LIKE THIS ONE REAL HARD. JUST REMEMBER ONE THING, YOU ASK US HOW THIS FEELS? YOU, OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW WITH ALL THE GAMES THAT YOU HAVE LOST OVER THE PAST 10 YEARS. TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM! YOU BEAT A TEAM THAT MIGHT BE 2A NEXT YEAR!!! PURPLE PRIDE NEVER DIES!!!

GiddingsFan
12-08-2001, 03:48 PM
I agree that we need to show a little respect to a great newton team but i don't think that Josh was in the wrong.

Reville, Footballman, and Husker98 have been talking so much trash the past week that they got what they were asking for.

I am not talking about all newton fans here. From what I saw at the game the people from newton were very nice, polite people. But these posters like Husker98 and footballman are a disgrace to Newton and the eagle team.

Good luck to you Newton

oldbuff78
12-08-2001, 08:14 PM
EAGLEPRIDE, THE LAST 10 YEARS FOR BOTH TEAMS DID'NT MATTER LAST NIGHT. DON'T BE A AGGIE, ALWAYS LOOKING BACK.

slinky006
12-08-2001, 08:33 PM
EAGLEPRIDE...you said Giddings beat a team that might be 2A next year....what does that have to do with anything...sounds like you're trying to make some sort of excuse to me...both teams played a great game, Giddings just came out on top...go buffs!

Eaglet'
12-08-2001, 11:30 PM
Sorry you have to show such bad sportsmanship! It's sad to say that as you watched Newton go away with a loss just remember that will be you when you meet up with LaGrange! Go LaGrange!

[This message has been edited by Eaglet' (edited December 09, 2001).]

slinky006
12-08-2001, 11:37 PM
the last time i loook at the scoreboard, it was Giddings 24 Newton 20. Eaglet, your post also lacked sportsmanship. both teams played a great game. only one team can win the game, and the better team always does. go buffs!

GiddingsHS_student
12-08-2001, 11:42 PM
LoL you will have to forgive Josh, by looking at his name I know who he is and he is a friend of mine. But we had sportsmanship last night, but only some don't now, Newton never had any sportsmanship, at all! they had a lot of team spirit in the crowd but, the team played Dirty! it was obvious they were trying to hurt the QB in the first, a good friend of mine too. Yeah we talk our trash but it is deserved, but all you newton ppl out there YOU PLAYED A GREAT GAME, GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR!!!!!

TheNewtonBoy
12-09-2001, 12:16 AM
Newton trys to hurt every QB they play against. Doesn't everyone try to do that?

MCAT
12-09-2001, 03:06 PM
oldbuff78, why do you have to bring the aggies into this, just because each year texas watches mac fail them? i have been waiting on the NC to come to texas, i have expected it, but i still have not seen it, and if it was to come, i saw no better chance to win it than this year, but it just didn't work out for yall. Texas must win it soon or their recruiting power will start to fade. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

oldbuff78
12-09-2001, 10:59 PM
MCAT, WHO SAID I WAS A LONGHORN FAN?
EVERYBODY KNOWS HOW AGGIES CAN BE.
I MUST HAVE HIT A NERVE, SO YOU MUST BE AGGIE. I WOULD RATHER HAVE COACH MACK THAN RC CHOKUM!!

Hook 'em
12-10-2001, 12:09 AM
MCAT, as a diehard Longhorn I was just as frustrated as the next guy with last Saturday's loss....even more frustrated after the other UT lost last night. That being said, believe it or not, I would be satisfied if Texas can beat Washington and finish 11-2. It would mean a top 10 finish, something which Texas has not seen in a long, long time and the first 11 win season since '83.

As far as Mack goes, I have a ton of respect for the man and what he has done in only 4 years. I am not a bit concerned with him not being able to bring in top recruits year in and year out. If he can get kids to come to Texas after a 4-7 season, he can certainly do it when Texas is a perennial top ten team.

oldbuff78
12-10-2001, 04:47 AM
hey hook-em, you seem to be a man with great understanding and logic. Sounds like you pay attention. Keep up the good work.

MCAT
12-10-2001, 11:18 AM
i agree, mac is a good coach, so i'll take Rc and you can keep Mac, but lets not try and say the aggies are any bigger sore loser than any body else. you know how the horns, sooners can be also.

the claw
12-10-2001, 12:25 PM
I don't think there are a select few colleges out there that are "sore losers." Every one of them is at one point in time. Trying to stereotype the Aggies as such is pretty close-minded. I personally think that mac and R.C are both exceptional coaches with quality programs. It's too bad that the N.C. couldn't come to Texas this year. Hopefully in the near future the Horns and the Ag's will both be contending for it.

MCAT
12-10-2001, 10:36 PM
well, there it is in a nut shell.

ashley_coaches_daughter
12-11-2001, 08:58 PM
I would like to say that Giddings play a heck of a game and I was very sad that we lost, but thats the way it is. Well all I can say about the Giddings ppl is that the ppl that I saw had no respect for our team and I in return have no respect for some of Giddings.

*buff_girl_03*
12-12-2001, 04:46 PM
Don't judge all of us just because a few have no respect or manners.

GO BUFFS!!

[This message has been edited by *buff_girl_03* (edited December 13, 2001).]

joe60
12-12-2001, 08:29 PM
Congratulations Josh you have made our whole town look bad. Think about what you say before you say it. I think a lot of people would do better to show some more respect and restrain themselves on these boards when you talk irrationally and let your emotions talk for you, some people start to sound really dumb.

Newton Thug-Joka
12-13-2001, 12:19 PM
good mornin all newton fans
yeah great sportsmanship josh, hey that wasnt cool Yeah i know you and your friends standing behind you talkin trash you thought you were cool but guess what you not
lata
joka

joe gooch
12-14-2001, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by josh_b_9_QB:
The U.S.S. Giddings survived another close battle. I told you newton fans that we would prevail, and thats exactly what happened. So, I believe you Newton guys have a few questions to answer me. How did it feel to watch your State championship hopes slipping away from your grasps? How did it feel to get beat by a better team than ya'll expected? How did it feel to watch #5 Chris Winn throw the ball to #12 John Ray for the go ahead touchdown with only a few minutes left in play? How did it feel to see the score 24-20 with only 26 seconds left in the game? Well, you can respond at anytime. Good game though, you guys had a good season. BUFFS, ALL THE WAY TO STATE!! AND LIKE OUR BANNER SAID...ITS MONSTER TIME!!!

joe gooch
12-14-2001, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by josh_b_9_QB:
Hey Josh, how did it feel?
(this message is intended for Josh only. not the rest of Giddings.)