PDA

View Full Version : Anyone not got the christmas tree up yet?

football4life
12-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Whew just finished with the 'ol tree. Really doesnt seem as exciting as it used to. More of a hassle than anything, plus it seems like we have to put this stuff up earlier every year. I saw tons of lights up before/the day after thanksgiving. Where's the break?? I really do like the holiday season though......:D

AP Panther Fan
12-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Was able to get my tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving (since I now have one of those pre-lit artificial ones)....It is alot of work taking everything out of the attic and then forcing the kids to help...;)

hohoho...:D

football4life
12-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Was able to get my tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving (since I now have one of those pre-lit artificial ones)....It is alot of work taking everything out of the attic and then forcing the kids to help...;)

Oh man you sold out!!;) It's all about haulin that stuff down, unboxing, assembling, decorating, and admiring, all while yelling at each other because you're on edge from doing all of that crap! Now who wouldnt want to do all that?

3afan
12-13-2005, 06:47 PM
no tree for me ...

whtfbplaya
12-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
no tree for me ...

me either

AP Panther Fan
12-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by football4life
Oh man you sold out!!;) It's all about haulin that stuff down, unboxing, assembling, decorating, and admiring, all while yelling at each other because you're on edge from doing all of that crap! Now who wouldnt want to do all that?

whew....I thought it was just me and my dysfunctional family....I feel much better now! :D

lostaussie
12-13-2005, 07:33 PM
no tree for me ... you are way to lucky. p.s. don't tell my wife i said that.

turbostud
12-13-2005, 07:43 PM
We put ours up the day after Halloween.

Ranger05
12-13-2005, 07:51 PM
my family hasnt got ours up yet

lostaussie
12-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
We put ours up the day after Halloween. you should have married my wife. heck ya'll could just leave it up all year long:D

LHMom
12-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Mine is up. Purple & Gold in honor of the Panthers! Purple ornaments with the jersey numbers of the defense. Gold with jersey numbers of the offense. And little gold framed pics of great plays, great friends and great memories.

Whsdogs
12-13-2005, 09:08 PM
mom and dad put the tree up without me this year...first time in 19 years lol..and yes i have been in college for 2 years and i went home just put up the tree...got a problem???:devil: :mad: lol jk

wos fan1
12-13-2005, 09:12 PM
I put the ole Dallas Cowboy tree up last weekend!

lepfan
12-13-2005, 10:16 PM
no tree for me ...

But I would bet you will have one in Texas waiting on you :)

CHS_CG
12-13-2005, 11:00 PM
We have a like prelit one too and we put it up 2 weekends after Thanksgiving but we finished decoratin last weekend lol.

football4life
12-13-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
I put the ole Dallas Cowboy tree up last weekend!

Oh sweet, gotta get me one of those someday!!:D

wos fan1
12-13-2005, 11:10 PM
It's really cool. White tree, blue lights, and Cowboy decorations from the Cowboy store all over it. Silver star at the top.

SintonFan
12-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

We bought a new artificial, pre-lit one this year. 11 feet tall and more lights than I have outside around the house. I had to get a better one this year since PPHSFan made fun of our big douglas fir we had last year.:(
Dallas Cowboy tree???????? Do yall still celebrate Christmas?:confused: :thinking::D

wos fan1
12-13-2005, 11:32 PM
Oh yea. It's just me...

Whsdogs
12-13-2005, 11:38 PM
cowboy tree would be very sweet....one of my friends had a wylie bulldog christmas tree lol it was actually pretty sweet lookin

wos fan1
12-13-2005, 11:41 PM
There're different that's what i like about them. You can fix them up anyway you want. I've seen a few people with different Sports teams for their tree.

bulldogbark
12-13-2005, 11:46 PM
I got the Charlie Brown tree thing going....I hope it makes it to Christmas

GetRDoneStangs
12-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Yeah we have our lovley tree up.

wos fan1
12-13-2005, 11:49 PM
:D It'll make it!!

Highschoolfan78
12-14-2005, 02:35 AM
Instead of being like normal people, my room mate and I are building ours. The base(trunk) of the tree is a bar stool, the core of the tree is a 4 foot portable fan, then we will cover it in green paper.The tree will be constructed by what else? Ductape!! Our ornaments are going to be fishing worms that glow in the dark. Our star is going to be this wooden tool our friend built. Boy what a great christmas this is going to be. Come on over and see the tree, but i bet you'll be jealous.

District303aPastPlayer
12-14-2005, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
Instead of being like normal people, my room mate and I are building ours. The base(trunk) of the tree is a bar stool, the core of the tree is a 4 foot portable fan, then we will cover it in green paper.The tree will be constructed by what else? Ductape!! Our ornaments are going to be fishing worms that glow in the dark. Our star is going to be this wooden tool our friend built. Boy what a great christmas this is going to be. Come on over and see the tree, but i bet you'll be jealous.

now THAT is funny

spiveyrat
12-14-2005, 08:17 AM
We put ours up last Sat. We've got one of those artificials that you put each branch on... We cheated this year and put the tree in a corner and only put 1/4 of the branches on it. It's a little heavy on the "limb side" of the tree so I had to weigh the stand down on the back. BUT, it went up in a fraction of the time, the lights were easier to put on, and you can't tell we didn't put all the branches on. :nerd:

neck_06
12-14-2005, 09:27 AM
we have ours up and surprisingly enough, its the same exact tree from last year, the year before that, and......well, you get the picture.

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Ours is up, but still undecorated. LHPD & the boys actually went to a Christmas tree farm and cut the tree down this past weekend. Hopefully, we'll get it decorated tomorrow, since the little one has bball practice this evening.