13 Gilmer (10-2)
14 Canyon (10-2)
15 Dallas Madison(10-2)
16 Marlin (8-2-1)
17 Barbers Hill (10-1)
18 Bridge City (9-2)
19 Snyder (9-2)
20 Monahans (13-1)

LINK (http://www.texasfootballratings.com/20053AStateRanks.html)

Aesculus gilmus
12-13-2005, 08:44 AM
I can't see ranking Hutto above an undefeated team like Tatum. But the good thing about this is that we will see whether it is correct come Saturday evening at Texas Stadium.

Txbroadcaster
12-13-2005, 09:06 AM
I wonder how Gilmer makes it in the top 20 with 2 losses, but the team that beat them Canton who got knocked by one of the State Finalist is not at least somewhere on there

neck_06
12-13-2005, 09:08 AM
West Columbia dropped out of the poll without playing????

:confused: :thinking: :confused: :thinking: :confused: :thinking:

WTF-82
12-13-2005, 09:15 AM
looks good other than 19.Snyder over Monahans please explain that one there is not any explanation.

Black_Magic
12-13-2005, 09:23 AM
why would you not ask why Wylie over Snyder??? same thing. Snyder did beat Wylie...:rolleyes:

Dogman_1969
12-13-2005, 09:36 AM
I found it Ironic that they had Giddings ranked over the yoe of cameron even though the yoe squeaked out a win earlier in the year. But I remember the Giddings QB being injured the second half or that would have been a different game........

I'm sure they look at several other factors...............

Go Hutto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

briefcase
12-13-2005, 09:41 AM
I would swap Hutto and Tatum. The rest looks pretty accurate. Just my opinion.

mustang04
12-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
why would you not ask why Wylie over Snyder??? same thing. Snyder did beat Wylie...:rolleyes: because snyder lucked out to catch Wylie on an OFF NIGHT!! everyone knows that....HAHA JOKES ON YOU!!!!:D :clap:

Macarthur
12-13-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm gonna complain about Iowa Park not being in there. Are your rankings based on their total season or how they played when it counted?

Granted, they did not have a great overall record, but they finished the year playing as well as anyone in the state; just ask Sweetwater. I can't help but think there are two or three of those teams below SW that IP would have beat. If they were ahead of SW by 2TDs and lost in overtime, how could there be that much seperation between the two? How many of those teams would have 9 or more wins had they played the schedule IP played?

Help me understand this?

:thinking:

mustang04
12-13-2005, 11:09 AM
i think iowa park should be up there at about 16 snyder should be 20, and monahans should be about 18

vet93
12-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Jerry's rankins are based on a mathematical formula...therefore, how the teams finished is sometimes skewed if they had a slow start or lost some games against quality opponents early (Iowa Park is an example). That is also why you will see some teams ranked ahead of teams that they might have lost to earlier. The mathematical formulas generally don't take into account head to head results....the ranking is based on the total sum of the season's statistics.

Black_Magic
12-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
because snyder lucked out to catch Wylie on an OFF NIGHT!! everyone knows that....HAHA JOKES ON YOU!!!!:D :clap: No actualy Sweetwater if anyone lucked out. Snyder had a big off night vs Sweetwater and cost them at least 3 rounds in the playoffs as well as an outright district championship. The lucks run out though and the well is dry with exeption to a couple of kids. that will not do. Jackson i believe will leave while the leaving is still good. People in sweetwater dont realize and apreciate what Jackson has accoplished. And when the well has run dry like it has in the next 3 years for sweetwater, the folks will blame him.. gota be a tough place to coach.

Butkus
12-13-2005, 11:19 AM
No actualy Sweetwater if anyone lucked out. Snyder had a big off night vs Sweetwater and cost them at least 3 rounds in the playoffs as well as an outright district championship. The lucks run out though and the well is dry with exeption to a couple of kids. that will not do. Jackson i believe will leave while the leaving is still good. People in sweetwater dont realize and apreciate what Jackson has accoplished. And when the well has run dry like it has in the next 3 years for sweetwater, the folks will blame him.. gota be a tough place to coach.
well ole magic man from whar ole butkus sat them Mustangs still one without bout 5 starters now didnt they.

mustang04
12-13-2005, 11:31 AM
No actualy Sweetwater if anyone lucked out. Snyder had a big off night vs Sweetwater and cost them at least 3 rounds in the playoffs as well as an outright district championship. The lucks run out though and the well is dry with exeption to a couple of kids. that will not do. Jackson i believe will leave while the leaving is still good. People in sweetwater dont realize and apreciate what Jackson has accoplished. And when the well has run dry like it has in the next 3 years for sweetwater, the folks will blame him.. gota be a tough place to coach.

ur just happy that kendal carillo, duone cunnings and 3 other starters werent playing.....would have been a LOOOOONG night for the tigers...wait...why am i even arguing w/ u???? sweetwater won....went 5 rounds deep...and snyder lost first round, i think that helps me win my arguement BAM!!! game, set, and MATCH!:D

Macarthur
12-13-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by vet93
Jerry's rankins are based on a mathematical formula...therefore, how the teams finished is sometimes skewed if they had a slow start or lost some games against quality opponents early (Iowa Park is an example). That is also why you will see some teams ranked ahead of teams that they might have lost to earlier. The mathematical formulas generally don't take into account head to head results....the ranking is based on the total sum of the season's statistics.

understood.

Whsdogs
12-13-2005, 11:47 AM
why would you not ask why Wylie over Snyder??? same thing. Snyder did beat Wylie...:rolleyes:

that a serious question mr. one and done...and we lost to the caliber of gainesville...not to monahans who sweetwater ended up beating pretty handily in the 4rth round

imo snyder shouldnt even by in there...:nerd:

Ranger05
12-13-2005, 11:51 AM
why would you not ask why Wylie over Snyder??? same thing. Snyder did beat Wylie...:rolleyes: MAYBE cause wylie went somewhere in the playoffs

Black_Magic
12-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
that a serious question mr. one and done...and we lost to the caliber of gainesville...not to monahans who sweetwater ended up beating pretty handily in the 4rth round

imo snyder shouldnt even by in there...:nerd: actualy to a wylie poster It would be MR 2 in a row and counting..:clap:

Whsdogs
12-13-2005, 12:00 PM
actualy to a wylie poster It would be MR 2 in a row and counting..:clap:

haha well it took yall long enough...i like to do things in one season...so 2 in 1 sounds better doesnt it??:clap:

good luck next season lets see if u can really be MR 2 and go 2 rounds deep this time..

Black_Magic
12-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
haha well it took yall long enough...i like to do things in one season...so 2 in 1 sounds better doesnt it??:clap:

good luck next season lets see if u can really be MR 2 and go 2 rounds deep this time.. Maybe Wylie will get to the playoffs in 4 A next year

mustang04
12-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Maybe Wylie will get to the playoffs in 4 A next year

well....i think everyone will agree that next year if wylie is 4A, it will be an unfortunate break considering of who all they are graduatin this year, i think Wylie's performance next year in 4A in NO WAY should represent the schools traditional football program....anyone else agree???

LE FAN
12-13-2005, 12:22 PM
I know its just Jerry's numbers. We did have an off game in week 9 but heck made it to the semis and not even in the top 20. Oh well, have a lot coming back next year.

Whsdogs
12-13-2005, 12:24 PM

im sure they will be just fine blackie...any idea who the head coach is there and has been the past 20 years??? they will be just fine

whtfbplaya
12-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Who is Jerry?

football4life
12-13-2005, 12:51 PM

Well considering what most of the realignment rumors are saying, that likely won't happen, and plus, how can you possibly be trashing wylie simply because you got lucky the past two years but couldnt perform when it mattered most. Didn't wylie win state and then were barely ousted by the state finalist? cmon man.:rolleyes:

Whsdogs
12-13-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by football4life
Well considering what most of the realignment rumors are saying, that likely won't happen, and plus, how can you possibly be trashing wylie simply because you got lucky the past two years but couldnt perform when it mattered most. Didn't wylie win state and then were barely ousted by the state finalist? cmon man.:rolleyes:

haha he was just strivin to find somethin against wylie...always some haters around..haters get of me:cool: haha

garciap77
12-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Black_Magic
All-District

I hope Wylie does move into 4A. I feel Wylie will get into the play-offs. The coaching is what make average players good players and the more good players you have in a team the better team you are going to have. It does no good to have two or three super stars and average players!