PDA

View Full Version : Forney v Everman

JBS013300
11-15-2001, 12:12 PM
I think Forney v Everman will be THE game...it could, and probably will decide 3A-D1 State Champs...Any ideas on where the game might be played?? Texas Stadium?? Is there anybody who can contain Forney or Evermans offense, especially Forney's Blanton?? I can't wait for this game, hopefully Everman gets past Gainesville.

Jacket2000
11-15-2001, 12:28 PM
Everman 35
Forney 28
Everman's offense will score on Forney's defense. Everman's defense won't stop Blanton, but they will slow him down considerably.
Actually, with Forney's history of choking in the first round, we probably shouldnt even bring this up yet. LOL
J2K

JBS013300
11-15-2001, 12:44 PM
True, True...Forney has struggled in First Round games, but they've already handled Mabank once this year and I don't see Mabank pulling an upset. Everman definitely has the tougher first round game in Gainesville. I think Forney can beat Everman, but I also think Everman can beat Forney. EHS 35 FHS 28....thats too many points...the defenses are too good to allow that many. FHS 20 EHS14 You think the game will be at Texas Stadium?

Matthew328
11-15-2001, 12:56 PM
The game has already been set for Next Friday 7:30 at Pennington Field in Bedford...of course that is if both teams win tomarrow...yes Everman does have a much tougher Round one game..but they needed a tough game after 2 weeks against bad teams..if Everman-Forney play it'll be a great matchup!

JBS013300
11-15-2001, 01:29 PM
Thank you matthew.

Jacket2000
11-15-2001, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by JBS013300:
True, True...Forney has struggled in First Round games, but they've already handled Mabank once this year and I don't see Mabank pulling an upset. Everman definitely has the tougher first round game in Gainesville. I think Forney can beat Everman, but I also think Everman can beat Forney. EHS 35 FHS 28....thats too many points...the defenses are too good to allow that many. FHS 20 EHS14 You think the game will be at Texas Stadium?

I disagree. The defensive advantage definately lies with Everman. However, I believe that with Blanton, they can put 28 on the board. Everman's running game, on the other hand, is very difficut to contain. Unlike Forney's, Everman's is multi-dimensional. They have about 7 RBs that could start for most 3A teams, and about 4 that could start for most 4 or 5A teams. Too much for Forney's D, Im affraid.Im standing by my prediciton.
J2K

IFryKids
11-15-2001, 07:35 PM
I doubt either team will score above 20 points, personally. And people STILL think that the only real good player that Forney has is Blanton! That kinda bothers me. I can't make a real good prediction since I haven't seen Everman play, but I think the rabbits might pull it off. They're better than a lot of ya'll give them credit for.

Jacket2000
11-15-2001, 11:15 PM
No one's downplaying Forney. But, we all know that without Blanton, Forney is a 7-3 team, at best.

Rabbit93
11-15-2001, 11:30 PM
Being a Forney fan it bothers me that people say without Blanton Forney would be this or forney wouldn't be anything. I can tell you this... Forney has a kid at fullback that could start at tailback on any 3A team in the state...He is as tough a runner I've seen in a while and he has speed to break runs open (ask commerce). I still think that Forney would be 10-0 right now without him. Just my opinion.

Jacket2000
11-16-2001, 12:10 AM
So, you're telling me that Blanton has had no impact on Forney's success?

Rabbit93
11-16-2001, 07:44 AM
Yes blanton makes a difference. Instead of scoring 3-4 TDs a game Forney scores 6-7. Like I said he makes a great team better. He doesn't play D so he has no impact in half of the game. Basically i'm just trying to dispell the "Forney's one dimensional or they'd be nothing without blanton" thing.

[This message has been edited by Rabbit93 (edited November 16, 2001).]

Jacket2000
11-16-2001, 08:19 AM
Sorry, typical talk for a Forney fan. Forney fans know as well as the rest of the state that Forney is a great team with Blanton, yet just a good team without him; 7-3 at best. Any player that gains 200+ yards in one half is definately a difference maker. We saw that difference laat year, and if he goes down this year, we will see it again.
J2K

kaorder1999
11-16-2001, 11:26 AM
Jacket...Just face it...you don't know all you're talking about...Rabbit 93 is correct when stating that Blanton #1 does not play defense...and people know that nowadays defense wins a lot of games....Forney played 16 games last season and Blanton didn't play defense in ANY games. So...yes...he makes a big impact offensively...but....not defensively.

Forney's back-up RB's would be starters in most 3A programs. Sure Blanton plays just one half, but what's your reason for Forney scoring 20-30 second half points without him in the game?

Why does the question even come up? Blanton IS on this ball club, he IS part of this team, don't be scared to admit that this team is great, give up on all this "if Blanton were not on this team Forney would be......" crap!

Let's just look at this way...Forney's a GREAT team....Everman's a GREAT team...the better of the two will play in Round 3!

Good luck to both teams!

lugnut
11-16-2001, 12:03 PM
Sorry...but gotta say that I used to believe Forney was a one man team also until I saw them. I have no ties with Forney, but still believe they would be 10-0 if he had never stepped on the field this year. It is assinine to say that their success is totally dependent on him. Yes, he is a great athlete and a program maker...but not the entire program.

JBS013300
11-16-2001, 12:28 PM
Hey lugnut...which Forney game did you see?

rabidrabbitfan
11-16-2001, 04:26 PM
JACKET 2000 OBVIOUSLY HAS AN AGENDA AGAINST
FORNEY. WE WILL NEVER KNOW HOW GOOD WE WOULD
BE WITHOUT BLANTON. IT DOESN'T MATTER, BECAUSE WE DO HAVE HIM. I BET HE WISHES THAT
#3 WAS ON HIS TEAM.

JACKET 2000, WHO IS YOUR TEAM?

Jacket2000
11-16-2001, 05:11 PM
My team? In case you didnt notice, I am a Down Low staff member. Im not here b/c of my affiliation with any team. I never said that Blanton was all they had, I said that he was their biggest difference maker. Im just stating my views based on what Ive seen the past 2 seasons. I have no "agenda" (I think you mean "vendetta") against Forney. In fact, if they get past Everman, you'll find that they'll be my pick to win it all.
J2K
"Do not go quietly into the night. Rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light."-Dylan Thomas

ps: About Blanton not playing defense. If a player breaks for 70 yds everytime he touches the ball, that's going to kill any momentium your team may have had, offensive or defensive.