PDA

View Full Version : Mods

Whsdogs
12-13-2005, 02:12 AM
just a dumb question so i figured i would ask late at night but....how do Moderators actually become moderators????

jmcgee
12-13-2005, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
just a dumb question so i figured i would ask late at night but....how do Moderators actually become moderators???? I dont know. I think it should be a democracy thing vote 4 new mods every year besides matt. J/K lhpanthermom, Rangermom,Slybear,and sinton66. I was joking but cool idea huh for maybe an extra mod for a year.

jmcgee
12-13-2005, 03:17 AM
He/or she could be the peoples mod!:D

spiveyrat
12-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Ancient Chinese Secret! :D

STANG RED
12-13-2005, 09:42 AM
As with most things I'm sure. It's not what you know, but WHO you know. I'm not complaining! That's just usually how things work. Personally, I wouldnt be one if I were asked to. Who needs another headache?

mustang04
12-13-2005, 10:52 AM
lets just put it this way, cuz i dont want to be ROM'd for tellin u the true reason, but the things the ppl do on here to become Mods.....would be highly illegal if it were known, we dont speak about the 'becoming a mod' process...thats like bringing up the the american revolution in a room full of Britts...u just dont do it:D

AggieJohn
12-13-2005, 10:56 AM
actually it's not as bad as everyone else is saying, you see it cost about 2400 a year to run this site and pay for the bandwith, so each of the mods were the first that came to matthew328 with 600 dollars, and thus they were made mods......don't believe those other guys...

Whsdogs
12-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
lets just put it this way, cuz i dont want to be ROM'd for tellin u the true reason, but the things the ppl do on here to become Mods.....would be highly illegal if it were known, we dont speak about the 'becoming a mod' process...thats like bringing up the the american revolution in a room full of Britts...u just dont do it:D

ahhh...good day chap!

sinton66
12-13-2005, 11:52 AM
I don't know about the rest of them, but I was chozen for my good looks and wonderful personality.:D

mustang04
12-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I don't know about the rest of them, but I was chozen for my good looks and wonderful personality.:D
haha..cough....according to whos standards??...cough cough:D

Whsdogs
12-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
haha..cough....according to whos standards??...cough cough:D

but you said somethin last night that sinton was good loo....woops sorry reg almost slipped and told what i wasnt suppose to :eek: hahaha:p

Bullaholic
12-13-2005, 12:00 PM
Being a mod is like being an umpire in a baseball game---every decision you make gets about 50% of the people mad at you. I don't think being a "mod" is a pleasure cruise, and you can't beat the "pay".

kaorder1999
12-13-2005, 12:26 PM
$$

sinton66
12-13-2005, 12:35 PM
Okay, to answer the original question, we were hand picked by the site owner because of our integrity, maturity, intelligence, and sense of humor. He knew us through this board for about three years before making the choices. We think he did a great job in his choices. (and so do yall, if you know what's good for you. :D j/k)

Whsdogs
12-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Okay, to answer the original question, we were hand picked by the site owner because of our integrity, maturity, intelligence, and sense of humor. He knew us through this board for about three years before making the choices. We think he did a great job in his choices. (and so do yall, if you know what's good for you. :D j/k)

haha k thanks...guess it was a round about ways to answerin that lol

kaorder1999
12-13-2005, 12:37 PM
exactly....what sinton 66 said

kaorder1999
12-13-2005, 12:38 PM
this august will be my fifth year on the boards...go me

sinton66
12-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Lets see, 4622 divided by 5........ You're too quiet to be a mod, KA.:D :D :D

AP Panther Fan
12-13-2005, 05:48 PM
I offered my condolences to LHPM when she got the job.

I mean really... who would want to baby sit some of us on our worst days (or best days for that matter)?:nerd: :D

kaorder1999
12-13-2005, 05:59 PM
Lets see, 4622 divided by 5........ You're too quiet to be a mod, KA.:D :D :D

oh...no...wasnt saying I wanted to be a mod....

eagles_victory
12-13-2005, 06:41 PM
I think I am a future moderator. I don't know I just think I was born to be a moderator both of my parents were moderators on message boards. My mom was a moderator on a 70's love message board in the early 90's my dad was a moderator on a disco is never dead board in the late 80's. That is the perfect combination for a 3adownlow moderator. I think by about 2010 eagles_victory will be the next RangerMom except not a mom or a woman. I am telling you I am the up and coming moderator prospect. I have been studying all the current moderators moderation techniques and I will blend them with the moderation skills in my genetic traits to make the ultimate moderator myself.:D Thank you for your time. and think about making me a moderator in 2010 :thinking: :cool:

AP Panther Fan
12-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I think I am a future moderator. I don't know I just think I was born to be a moderator both of my parents were moderators on message boards. My mom was a moderator on a 70's love message board in the early 90's my dad was a moderator on a disco is never dead board in the late 80's. That is the perfect combination for a 3adownlow moderator. I think by about 2010 eagles_victory will be the next RangerMom except not a mom or a woman. I am telling you I am the up and coming moderator prospect. I have been studying all the current moderators moderation techniques and I will blend them with the moderation skills in my genetic traits to make the ultimate moderator myself.:D Thank you for your time. and think about making me a moderator in 2010 :thinking: :cool:

lol...who can doubt you...everyone on this board thinks talent is a direct result of genetics:thinking:

You would get my vote in 2010 (if I had one)...;)

GreenGobbla
12-13-2005, 07:35 PM
well im saying that i want to be a mod....i think me, schu1213, gobblergolf, and un b weavable would make great mods.....

Matthew328
12-13-2005, 08:49 PM
can't have too many chiefs amoungst the indians....LOL

slpybear the bullfan
12-13-2005, 11:18 PM
I am a moderator? Oh Crap!!! I didn't know that

Seriously, I appreciate Bullaholic's comments... someone is always unhappy with the decisions made.

MERRY CHRISTMAS,

Whsdogs
12-13-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I am a moderator? Oh Crap!!! I didn't know that

Seriously, I appreciate Bullaholic's comments... someone is always unhappy with the decisions made.

MERRY CHRISTMAS,

you better get to work!!!! slacker...thus the nickname sleep huh?? lol jk!

spiveyrat
12-14-2005, 08:26 AM

You do have a hole in your story... the internet wasn't invented until 1980. :nerd: :D

eagles_victory
12-14-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
You do have a hole in your story... the internet wasn't invented until 1980. :nerd: :D No hole you just didnt read close enough my story says they were on the message boards in the late 1980's and early 1990's. It just said the board was about the 70's not in the 70's

sinton66
12-14-2005, 08:57 AM
Ah, well some of you volunteers missed a key word in my qualifications list, maturity. All of our moderators are past the age of 35. There are some good reasons for that.

Trust me when I tell you the job is more responsibility than fun. in fact, I don't, and feel that I can't have the fun I used to as just a poster. But, someone has to do it. Thank God the ones we have do a great job of it.

Ranger Mom
12-14-2005, 09:35 AM

Trust me when I tell you the job is more responsibility than fun. in fact, I don't, and feel that I can't have the fun I used to as just a poster.

Amen to that! We are held to a higher standard than the general downlow population and second guessed on almost every decision we come to.

We all have entirely different personalities which normally mesh well and there is usually lots of "behind the scenes" discussions before decisions are made.

It is not a job I took lightly, I thought about it long and hard first....but, I happened to think the integrity of the board was worth what I gave up (as a poster) in the long run!

Butkus
12-14-2005, 11:24 AM
After that lil episode wid 87 we should preciate this ole boards mods even more. Thanks mods.

mustang68
12-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks Mods.
I don't care how you are all selected; you do great work.

spiveyrat
12-14-2005, 01:38 PM
No hole you just didnt read close enough my story says they were on the message boards in the late 1980's and early 1990's. It just said the board was about the 70's not in the 70's

I reread... yep, I missed the mark with that one! OOPS!

eagles_victory
12-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Ah, well some of you volunteers missed a key word in my qualifications list, maturity. All of our moderators are past the age of 35. There are some good reasons for that.

Trust me when I tell you the job is more responsibility than fun. in fact, I don't, and feel that I can't have the fun I used to as just a poster. But, someone has to do it. Thank God the ones we have do a great job of it. 35 you have to be 35 to do anything in this country run for president be a mod on 3adownlow. I cant wait till im 35:D

Matthew328
12-14-2005, 07:32 PM
I musta missed that memo.....been doing the mod thing since I was 21

sinton66
12-14-2005, 07:33 PM
doesn't apply to ADMINS.:D

GetRDoneStangs
12-15-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by mustang68
Thanks Mods.
I don't care how you are all selected; you do great work.

So true!:D