PDA

View Full Version : Corpus Christi PBS has Roy Orbison on right now!

PhiI C
12-12-2005, 11:54 PM
It is fantastic! The concert must have been done in the early sixties. It is great!

PhiI C
12-13-2005, 12:24 AM
Fantastic! Incredible!

I got to get that Roy Orbison Video Black and White Night with Roy Orbison. I will be on the look out for it. It was great!

SINTON81
12-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
It is fantastic! The concert must have been done in the early sixties. It is great!

Thanks for the info, Phil.:cool:

neck_06
12-13-2005, 08:45 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Phil C
12-13-2005, 09:37 AM
It was great but their last song they did "Pretty Woman" was even extra fantastic! That would be worth the price of the whole video.

Phil C
12-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Upon farther research I think the concert was done in 1987 but it was produced to have a 1950s type setting. It was terrific. Besides Pretty Woman it had other great hits including Crying, In Dreams, and Falling.

Buccaneer
12-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Roy wanted to do a TV Special for a long time. A couple of them were recorded, for instance Roy Orbison at the Los Angeles Country Club and Live in Birmingham, Alabama but nothing ever came close to the beautiful Roy Orbison and Friends - A Black and White Night Live. The event was taped at the legendary Cocoanut Grove in the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles. The band was filled up with familiar faces. Among them were Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, k.d. Lang, Tom Waits, Bonnie Raitt, Jennifer Warnes, T-Bone Burnette, Jackson Browne, J. D. Souther, and they were backed up by Elvis Presley’s TCB band which included James Burton on guitar. This Special was going to air on Cinemax cable TV on January 1988, and subsequently released on video. This became a landmark in Roy career.